Author Topic: tips on long gui  (Read 1595 times)

sentry88

• Hedge Knight
  • ff13-2!!!!
  • Mood: Busy Busy

• View Profile
tips on long gui
« on: December 23, 2010, 11:07:06 AM »
Does anyone know an easy way to beat a long gui cause its starting to get annoying knowing I have to take the long way round every time I see one :( ;D ;D ;D

I goin burn your house down..... with the lemons~Cave Johnson

MHunter

• Moppet

• View Profile
Re: tips on long gui
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »
You're planning to use Eidolons or straight kill?
You need to at least have 3 Sentinels to use the Tortoise Paradigm, and change to this paradigm every time you'll receive an attack from Long Gui.

You can use the Death trick, but for this you'll need to summon, actually you can use Death to kill the legs too, but it's faster summoning...
Disable the legs, and then debuff him, Poison and Deshell is a must, stagger him up to 999%. Then go for SAB/COM/COM, Death, and in the middle of the animation go to COM/COM/COM, then go back to SAB/COM/COM and repeat this until you kill him, if he gets up, then, good luck.
I suggest Vanille/Fang/Lightning for this.

For straight kill without using Vanille, i suggest the same party but Fang as leader, stagger the legs and then go for Highwind, you should take down one leg with one Highwind...
When he goes down, debuff, and go to RAV/RAV/RAV, stagger him up to 999% and go to COM/COM/COM until he dies.

Don't forget to buff yourself...