Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII-2 NA Website Update  (Read 1192 times)

cruentus2014

• Moppet
  • You can call me, "Cru."

• View Profile
Final Fantasy XIII-2 NA Website Update
« on: August 26, 2011, 09:33:06 PM »
Yep... check it out!

Click here to go to website!

What do you think of the new layout?

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 NA Website Update
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 02:56:15 AM »
"Three years after the events in FINAL FANTASY XIII, Lightning has gone missing, and Snow is nowhere to be found. In a rebuilding world, Serah notices that something is amiss. After a fortuitous encounter with a mysterious man named Noel, the two set off to find Lightning."

This is interesting. They said Snow was going to appear, but this says he's nowhere to be found. Wonder what this could mean.

Although now the story seems to be taking place three years after the events of FFXIII, when the early E3 demo had a character say it was five years. The hell Square?

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 09:17:23 AM »
This game is going to deal a lot with time, paradoxes and all that stuff. It's possible that they warped two years into the future to where Atlas was. That also must be those gates purposes that Serah and Noel used in the beginning of the Paradox Alpha fight demo video.

So the main time period is three years after FFXIII, but we'll most likely be going to different time periods in Gran Pulse's history throughout the game, both past and future I guess.

About Snow, I'm just speculating that he set out to find Lightning but never returned.

Metal Chocobo

• Vanguard
  • Pushing buttons since 1991
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 03:48:04 PM »
Snow will show up at some point. If the hadn't mentioned he was "nowhere to be found" then they could just not include him but now that he's mentioned they'll have to address his absence. I'd say it's Chekhov's gun, but I think that only applies to weapons...

Push the button. That's why it's there. If it wasn't meant to be pushed, it wouldn't be a button.