Author Topic: The Final Final Fantasy... on PS2.  (Read 2000 times)

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
The Final Final Fantasy... on PS2.
« on: October 20, 2009, 03:17:20 AM »
All good things come to an end, including PlayStation 2 support. Before that curtain completely closes Square Enix will release one more game.

In Japan, Final Fantasy XI: Vana’diel Collection 2 will be released on three platforms: Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 2. The international equivalent, Final Fantasy XI: Ultimate Collection, is only available for the Xbox 360 and PC in North America.

Must be rough for PlayStation 2 distribution these days if Square Enix passed on releasing a Final Fantasy XI compilation disc. The content is already complete and we got last year’s Final Fantasy XI: Vana’diel Collection.

Source. I don't know what to say about this, except... fail. I wouldn't think much PS2 gamers use the PS2 for online games anymore.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 03:21:04 AM by DragonSLAYER45 »

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
Re: The Final Final Fantasy... on PS2.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 01:55:24 AM »
yea even when the PS2 was popular i never used it for online gaming, it is so much more convenient having wi-fi, etc.

also, do you a lot of people still play FF XI? cause i hardly know anyone who plays the game

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Ronso Rage X

• Hedge Knight
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 02:50:51 AM »
I have played Final Fantasy XI but on the Xbox 360, never tried it on the PS2. But the 360 may have more online players as with the PS2. I can already tell this game isn't going to attract many online gamers to the PS2, but on the other hand, this tells people to "buy a PS3 for future FF games."  :P

"Only those who try will become"

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 09:26:57 AM »
Remember that in Japan this game was only Ps2 only to start with. Its that the USA requested it to be ported to the Xbox360 as well to make it more attractive for the western players. Though I wouldn't doubt that most Japanese FFXI players still play it on there Good old Ps2. Heck there might even be Japanese players that still play Dirge of Cerberus online (Yes the Japanese players had a online multiplayer mode)

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 07:54:07 PM »
japanese people had an online mode for dirge??? OMG WTF NO WAIII i feel ripped off lol

devilman108

• Vanguard
  • "Black is just a shade of white"

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 02:46:34 AM »
what's new? We get ripped off on a lot unfortunately =/

I shall forever wait for the dreams that will never come true

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 06:40:17 PM »
yea the japanese get everything and they get everything with sprinkles of awesome on it unlike america/europe :'(

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 06:49:11 PM »
yea the japanese get everything and they get everything with sprinkles of awesome on it unlike america/europe :'(
It are mostly the USA and the EU that get the best things though. During the localisation square does more than only translating. They mostly balance the game and add more features (DoC is the only one that I can think off in which they removed something big as a online function).

The only thing is that once the USA and the EU had there extra's they will bring the game out as an International version that has the USA and EU extra's plus a whole lot more. You can imagine though that if they where to localise this version you would end in a never ending cycle.