Author Topic: If you were in charge of Square Enix  (Read 2417 times)

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
If you were in charge of Square Enix
« on: August 18, 2010, 06:33:42 PM »
What would you do if you was the boss of Square-Enix? The current boss, primarily seems to get on everyone's last nerve. What would you change at Square Enix and what would you have them do?

Yes... it's the random-est topic on this site, but whatever.  ::)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: If you were in charge of Square Enix
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 06:37:51 PM »
I would directly sell the entire company and use the money to create a new fresh company. Seeming how the fans of Square-Enix are never happy with the games they produce it would give a lot less stress to start anew :P

Sentinel

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 06:38:49 PM »
If I was the boss at Square...

1) Forget any FFVII remake. We don't need it. In fact I don't get all the demand for it. I would invest time on something else - preferably something new. I would let the Compilation of FFVII die.

2) Put the bulk of the effort into Versus, but don't sideline other major projects such as Agito and 3rd Birthday

3) Get straight into Kingdom Hearts 3 once enough members of the teams are done with Versus. Or similarly, consider FFXV and get planning on it.

And for things not related to Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts:

-Have tri-Ace make the next Valkyrie Profile game.
-Make a new Chrono game.
-Forget their world conquest at globalization. Make them go back to what Square was originally doing.

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 06:43:06 PM »
1) Take on only 3 major titles at a time 1 for the major console platforms, 1 for the portable devices (PSP, DS, etc...) 1 for the cell phones (seem as though that has gotten pretty popular)...that way they don't continue to tick people off by announcing a project and end up completing it some 5 or 6 years later *Cough* Versus *Cough*  and don't pick up a whole bunch of other projects until your main 3 are done.

2) Be collaborative with their game base....by polls on their website or whatever (a forum even) to be able to get an idea of what people want you have to ask them, not just throw whatever you think is good or what you want in a game at them and automatically expect them to like it...

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 06:47:57 PM »
Pretty much what Sentinel said, and to add to that, they should put their ideas in creating entirely original and new titles that appeal to the loyal fanbase and give newcomers a chance to have a taste. Square-Enix should also take initiative on reaching the gaming market where a huge opportunity presents itself, not where there is not a lot of popularity (I'm looking at you, Xbox 360 and your various JRPGs). They've already done that with the iPhone app market with the Final Fantasy Series, Chaos Rings, and Secret of Mana.

If Square-Enix were to go, their best option would be Mistwalker, back to the roots of where it began, with Sakaguchi. I would try to contact tri-ACE with interests of creating new games to their already popular series of Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile.

At this rate, Square-Enix is trying too hard to reach out to everyone by using globalization and westernization. They've already lost loyal fans with Final Fantasy XIII all over the world thanks to westernization. If they keep up, their fall will be comparable to how Square fell with Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 07:05:09 PM »
I wouldn't give Final Fantasy online games an official number, I wouldn't even make them anyway. Return Final Fantasy to it's original formula and ask tri-Ace to continue with the Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile franchises. I wouldn't focus too much primarily on remakes/sequels and focus on making the next Final Fantasy and would not focus on the west at all.

I would primarily ask Nomura to focus on Versus and Kingdom Hearts then a million other projects. Actually, I would put all projects aside until Versus and Agito have been released. If Wada's still at Square even after taking leadership, I would fire the guy. The man's sitting on the executive chair basically talking crap occasionally while taking SE through a controversial westernisation direction.

Personally, I would also do what Spee said at #2. It doesn't sound bad at all.

sentry88

• Hedge Knight
  • ff13-2!!!!
  • Mood: Busy Busy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 06:40:58 PM »
I would make everyone work a bit faster and pay them more if they did :o

I goin burn your house down..... with the lemons~Cave Johnson

xXNeoYagamiXx

• Moppet
  • I'm a Gamer, Skateboarder and a youtuber !!
  • Mood: Drunk Drunk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 07:10:13 PM »
I wouldnt make crappy games. haha nuff said

"I'm Here to OWN"
                                                                     Uzumaki Naruto