Author Topic: Daily Update: WKC  (Read 51388 times)

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
Daily Update: WKC
« on: February 08, 2010, 12:04:46 AM »
Okay there are several of us playing so let's post where we're at...

I'm only at level 7, but I have the property deed and am just hunting to get to level 8 where I can get the first hunt. I actually found another troll on Balda-whatever plain and beat it, but used up all my Revival Powders  :o

I'm a mage, and running out of MP is a serious issue. I need to have Mana Powders or whatever, but I need some serious cash. Heheh. I don't know what level I should be to move on with the story.

Can't wait for the multiplayer stuff!

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
Re: Daily Update: WKC
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 04:40:15 AM »
Well, I am thus far in the Nordia Tunnels at every character Level 11. My character is a mage too, but I always control my avatar to make sure I don't run out of MP so quickly.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 04:41:28 PM »
I'm at level 7 along with Eldore (whatever his name is) and Leonard, with Yulie at level 6. Takes forever to level up with just fighting the kibbles. I did fight a couple of the treants upon Sunny's recommendation. Near where they are located I found a chest with the Hickory Bow and decided to use it. Seems like my mage's magic does nearly the same damage with the bow as it does with the staff, yet I can use the bow for 0 MP cost, so added that to my character.

I agree it is a matter of MP management. My character was doing about 125 damage on the treants with Fireball, whereas the melee characters were hitting 16-28 damage. All told, I'm sure per battle the damage is about the same, but with magic I will just have fewer hits.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 02:35:02 AM »
I have to say, I am really enjoying this game so far. Right now, I am Level 19 at Greede's Underbelly and I have 13 hours with this game clocked. This could go up well up there with my favorite RPGs, based on what I've played so far; it has a few (if any) Final Fantasy XII features in Level-5's own unique way. My only criticism is that there is no scan (Final Fantasy's Libra in a case) feature...

My avatar is always in battle, being a full-time mage. Using spells from Heal All to +Eruption, +Comet, etc.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:37:30 AM by Ally »

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 02:51:42 AM »
Great minds think alike!! I'm too in Greede and what a beautiful city and the music is incredible here.

I too am a mage, level 19! I also am training some bow skills, when I run out of MP heheh.

I think I got your friend invite Ally, but I didn't recognize the email til too late and erased it, so send me another one.

I did the first guild task today and would have done the next one but there was nobody online to do it with in the multiplayer.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 04:54:34 AM »
That is weird... I don't remember sending an invite before. It mustn't have been me. I'm Level 22 now, where I got my first game over in the game during a Boss Battle in Bunker Lode Caverns... stupid stupidly-named spells. D: Going to level up one level before taking it on again, that was harsh...

By the way, my main team consists of a switch between Leonard and Caesar, my avatar and Yulie. I found them to be the best characters in the whole game and I like their personalities. I still use Kara or Eldore, but not as much as the rest of the party... I once forgot to switch my mains out so Kara and Eldore could level up faster and my main party's levels were way ahead of them. Thank god you can gain EXP outside of battle.  :o

Leonard and Caesar are tanks, Yulie is the healer and my avatar (Allison) is my main mage; how I love the offensive spells.  :P

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:58:46 AM by Ally »

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 09:50:39 AM »
I don't have a guy names Caesar yet, I'm assuming I'll get him now that I'm about to be done with Greede. Sheesh that whole quest took me two days to figure out. Ack. I was getting really, really annoyed with that quest.

I'm about level 19 or 20. I've been leveling everybody and finally Kara caught up so we're all about the same. My party is:

Leonard: Longswords
Eldore: Short Sword/Mace/shield
Yulie: Short Sword/shield
Kara: Spears/shield
me: Mage/Staff/Bow

When I run out of MP I just switch over to the bow for the rest of the battles. In the mountains up to Greede I found I could glitch out the trolls etc. and the dragon by moving back an little and they would get stuck and start glitching out. lol then they couldn't damage me while I was attacking.

I'm not too creative so far with Eldore and Yulie. Yulie is the main mage. I should have given them other weapon specialities but I guess I just didn't have any ideas of what to do with them. I wanted Yulie to have Axes but she can't equip those, so idea was spoiled there. I love the Harpoon on Kara, she can seriously hit with that thing.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 10:29:19 PM »
Caesar is definitely a great heavy hitter and makes a good tank, I can almost guarantee that he will be a full-time party member for a reason I'm not going to spoil for you. In Final Fantasy terms, he's a Dragoon at first. At the moment, he is hitting more damage than anyone else; but I think that's because I gave him about three STR +2 skills. I was actually looking forward to him joining the party. I haven't been doing the quests, only completed one and I think that was the very first one.

Anyway, I just finished up Bunker Lode Caverns and I'm going to level up Eldore and Kara a bit in Balandor Plain. I hope more people get this game and post here because this is a very interesting and interactive RPG to miss out on.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:35:14 PM by Ally »

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 08:22:05 AM »
Wow, dunno how you go so fast  :o I spent 2 full days just trying to get thru Greede. Am now ready for the boss fights just after. Yeah I will definitely continue using Caesar, he is a great character. His dreads remind me of Raven from Tales of Vesperia, down to the shirt with the belly showing!

Whew that sewer was a pain, though I did use the walkthrough finally just to save time.

I wanted to make Caesar a mage but he can't be one so I just kept the spear on him, though I already have Kara on spears and she has nearly all the skills already. I thought about an axe but nah, just didn't appeal, Caesar looks too good with a spear. So I have two spears, two swords, a longsword and then me with the staff and bow. The bow is working out nicely as an alternative when I run out of MP.

I've been doing healing spells with everybody, dunno if that's a good idea, but I figure it's better to have them, and decide whether to use them, than not and then be stuck. I'm pushing the full healing regime on Yulie, Ceasar, myself and the others as I have extra points left.

Agreed that this game is really a terrific one. Very deep with the customizing and all the online stuff. I don't have enough cash to do everything I want right now! I plan to spend time on everything. One concern that has arisen on gamefaqs already is that there are very few people online, and people are worried that after a couple of weeks there won't be many people at all because of the meh reviews the game received.

RedChocobo

• Brave Companion
  • Wark?
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 03:46:28 PM »
Great minds think alike!!

Mine is a little late. XP Im at the point where I say: "Im buying this Game!!"

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 08:34:22 AM »
Finished Bunker Lode Caverns. I was lucky to defeat the 3 battles, with the last one Caesar had only 1 Heal Potion left so it was definitely close! In the first two battles I was well out of MP. I equipped the bow and just used my MP items to keep Yulie and Kara healing but eventually I ran out of MP items, and only Kara was left able to heal. I have not switched characters mid battle before and don't know if I can but I was about to try, that's for sure! Agreed that this is the most challenging battle so far.

I guess Caesar didn't need to stay home to take charge of any family business, lol. Big story problem there, I'd say. Also, didn't it seem odd that this last battle contained these huge fights but oddly the party couldn't take care of the guards around Cis.? Ack.

Well I'm off to stock up my severely diminished supplies. Ally, do you know what the Heroic Barrier is for?

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 10:20:08 PM »
Heroic Barrier nullifies one physical attack against all nearby party members. You will have to equip it to one of the Knights IIRC. I actually love it how if they take their eyes off of Cisna for two seconds, she is either kidnapped by Belcitane, Dregias or that other weird elf guy. Talk about your serious damsel in distress.  ::)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:28:06 PM by Ally »

RedChocobo

• Brave Companion
  • Wark?
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 02:34:59 AM »
I got the game!!!
It's a Copy of WoW and FF12.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 02:41:22 AM »
 :o :o :o

yayayayay!! Will be great to have a pal to do the multiplayer guild quests! My town is on the Geonet if you want to check it out (nothing special...yet, but it does have shops!). Will be happy to see your town someday soon too  :D

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 02:54:24 AM »
Be on the look out for me and Metal Choc guys. The game hasn't been released in the UK yet. But come the 26th we'll be right there with yah.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.