Author Topic: Daily Update: WKC  (Read 51054 times)

RedChocobo

• Brave Companion
  • Wark?
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
Re: Daily Update: WKC
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »
I died in The Castle's Underground, With the Knight and 2 Archers. ;-; I Was Skipping Monsters, Just to see the game's real difficulty. Im going to train a bit, and then go back. I Need to Get Geonet! D:

When Do I get Geonet, Anyways?
 And, you don't think Its The SAME as FFXII's Beginning? And A Mix of FFXII and WoW?

Sentinel

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 10:39:56 PM »
The game overall, is not hard. There are some HUGE enemies with lot of HP in the game that can hurt your HP a lot. As long as you have one or two healers in your party at all times, you should be okay. The knights can hack and slash the crap out of everything, I only used that when I was truly in trouble though which was hardly ever. I would give it a medium difficulty rating, which is what everyone is giving it.

I forgot when you get GeoNet, I think it's after you complete
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The game doesn't remind me of FFXII for some reason, I don't know where you all are seeing FFXII elements but I can't find them. The game's battle system reminds me of a MMO; so I think Final Fantasy XI would have fit better. Is it because of the princess aka Cisna aka FFXII's Ashe? I will have to give that more thought....

Already completed this game, I'm trying to unlock the trophies but they are like faeries in this game; non-existant.. I have only 1%.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:44:23 PM by Sentinel »

RedChocobo

• Brave Companion
  • Wark?

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 01:55:02 AM »
I don't find the Saga before the castle a spoiler much, right? Well:

FFXII Story:
Vaan, no Parents, Works for a Shop, And needs to go kill a monster for the Supplys to come in for the shop. Vaan Goes to Sneak in the castle with the Supplies. And Goes to see a treasure, but someone else wants to steal it, but the castle is being invaded at the same time by the kingdom that The castle is befriending. Escapes underground, with the princess.

WKC's Story:
Leonardo, No Parents, works for a shop, needs to kill monsters to make sure the supplies come to the castle. He sneaks in the castle, but the kingdom the castle is befriending is invading, and goes underground with the princess, and goes to see the treasure (By accident), and people are planning to steal it.

Wow..... Seriously?!?!

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 01:57:03 AM »
The early part of this game is totally FFXII.

Yeah, it's familiar all right!

You'll get Geonet when you get out of the palace, there is a little moogle/rabbit-looking little guy by the exit who will set you up.

Edit: ACK you posted while I was typing! yeah I was laughing watching what a rip from FFXII this all is.

RedChocobo

• Brave Companion
  • Wark?

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 10:31:33 PM »
Well, I got to the Village of Albana today, while skipping all the monsters in the area before it along the way. Im going to stock up on supplies, and then go back and train for some levels, to make up for what I missed.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 06:16:34 AM »
I finished up the game today! I love the ending theme song very much; I wasn't happy with how they replaced Travelers (the JP theme song of the game), but I'm glad they kept Chronicle Love.

Here I go with New Game+! or maybe I'll start the game over again, who knows? :D

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 11:18:38 AM »
I'm now on the Greaver. Just amazing how fast you finished the game, rinimt too has already finished one playthrough. I guess I mess around too much with buying the new armors, the quests, building my town etc. I was rather disappointed to arrive at Bracca with just under 7k, and I fought practically everything on the way there too!

I'm level 31 or 32, and GR 3 but there aren't any more quests to buy. My understanding now is that you have to keep fighting the finished quests over and over again to gain the new quests/ranks? I hope that's not true.

Had fun today doing a quest with RedChocobo, but alas an insect put me to sleep and I was unable to heal him during the quest. Hopefully we'll try that one again and avoid the insects this time.

I'm still a Mage, and am focusing on getting all the Divine spells, though really I'm an Elemental Mage. However the higher level Elemental spells cost massive amounts of MP to cast yet and frankly the lower level ones do more damage than the higher level ones. So often too the higher level spells which have status effects attached don't "stick" or the monster is immune anyway. Thus I haven't felt any big rush to max out the Elemental board until I have double the MP I have right now. Also, to get really high with GR eventually we probably end up learning the entire wheel of abilities.

Along with this I notice when using Leonard with longsword that the basic Hack skill does more damage than any of the skills using higher MP or ability chips. Odd. I haven't used combos much mainly because of the MP issue. I guess once I have more MP then using the combos to gain additional skills would be a good idea because I might actually have the MP needed to use a bunch of skills.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:26:50 AM by pprincess »

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 07:25:15 PM »
I was really upset about Kara, because after a while; I really started to use her.
I had Kara nearly fully mastered with Spear skills and had her using Pentaslam and her "Highwind" combo (dealt 550 damage per use) all the way through Frass Chasm. Luckily I had Caesar around the same level or else I would have been really annoyed.

It also looks like new treasures are opened up through New Game Plus. But on the downside, your characters are at the same level you completed it on owning the crap out of everything for Zero EXP so I'm not having fun. Maybe I will just start a New Game.

I was about Level 37 when I completed the game so yeah...

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 07:55:51 PM »
Yeah I have been using Kara a lot too but I kept everybody else at an equal level so that I wasn't relying on anyone in particular. Also, I had everybody subspecialize in the Divine arts so I didn't need to use just one healer. I learned from Emma in Last Remnant that if I like a character, start leveling everybody else!

I've been wondering about the Rebirth feature that comes into play at level 50. I don't entirely understand it or the point of doing it. But I wonder if I should do one before finishing the first game.

Sentinel

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 08:03:08 PM »
Rebirth, do you mean the Sinca Reincarnation Pilgrimage? I don't quite understand it either, but according to GFAQs members:
Q: What you have to do to reincarnate?
A: Get to level 50 and have gotten past Sinca Village story wise. There should be a quest at the very bottom that starts with Pilgrimage, choose it like any other quest. You'll be sent to Sinca Village with an npc to talk to that reincarnates you.

Q: Are skills reset when you New Game+/Reincarnate?
A: Not for New Game+, but for Reincarnation you get sent back to lvl 35, your skills are reset and you can redistribute the points as you see fit with an additional +40 for each Reincarnation up to 4 times (160 total points), but you can reincarnate as many times as you see fit. Your skill bars and combo's have to be re-done every reincarnation.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=935684&topic=53563275

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2010, 08:29:52 PM »
Thanks sooo much for this link! Not only does it have the Rebirth information, but it has a list of all the chests in New Game + with a description of the item and the location!

After reading this, it seems it would be worth it to get to level 50 or whatever in my first game, and do a rebirth well before the ending. That way I get the free extra points to access a different skill set. The problem with New Game + as Ally noted is that you don't get much in EXP from the early part of the game. Thus it would seem that if you plan to get another skill set, it would be better to do that before starting the new game so you have the new board basically maxed.

Seems there are some guild quests that can only be accessed on New Game + but I'm unclear what guild rank those quests are. Would help to know what rank they are because it would heavily play into my decision as to when to finish the first game. As of right now, unless those quests are GR 7 or lower, it would be better to stick with my first game for some time and grind to GR 7 or as high as possible, do any Rebirth I might want, and THEN go ahead and start New Game +.

Looking at the new chests, the stuff seems great now but really some of it is rather low, stats-wise. Also, virtually all of it can be created via Binding. So I guess if I start a New Game+ at GR 7 and can use the new items right away, it would be worth waiting because I wouldn't have to work so hard to create the stuff via Binding. But if I can't get to GR 7 on the first playthrough, it would be better to make the stuff instead so I can use it earlier in the second game (before getting to the desert city when binding starts).

funkyman02

• Vanguard
  • Let's bring on the Funk.
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2010, 09:28:20 PM »
I have been playing the game as well and have found it very addicting. I was up until 4 yesterday playing it! I am at the mobile city of Greede (I believe I spelled that correctly. I can't quite remember things from 4 in the morning. xD) and am loving the atmosphere. My main party is my Avatar who is a pure mage (who I think will become a Archer/Divine user after Reincarnation), Leonard who is my Longsword user, and Yulie is my Spear/Damage sponge.

It is better for you to die in hope than to live in despair. Let me be your liberator. -Yunalesca, FFX

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 03:53:33 AM »
RAGE at not being able to use the New Game Plus items. I have about 3 Level 40+ weapons but can't use them because I am below that... *heads back to my original file to level up some more* (I am lucky I kept it)

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 04:35:11 PM »
I'm still cranking away and having a great time with the game.  ;D

Two days ago I decided to solo the Red Giant boss in Langish Desert at level 32. Had to use Heal II potions to heal because magic is too slow for solo battling. I thought I did pretty good because it only took a couple minutes to take him out, but only got an A rating on the battle. The Red Giant (Best Served Cold) seems to be one of the most popular quests for players looking for guild points because it has so little running and nothing to do other than just go to the boss battle. I meet a lot of higher level players in that quest. Some players who do that one a lot for the points don't even bother to run for the boss, they let one player do the running and just sit and wait until they get warped into the boss battle. Kinda lazy lol.

Right now I'm trying to find decent players to do the Greede Underbelly quests. These quests are a serious pain because you have to run around and open all kinds of gates just to get to the battles. My first attempt at the Exterminator landed me with a very high level mage who knew what he was doing with the gates. Alas, as we got to the boss battle, Geonet decides to error and booted me out. That was my best shot for an S rating on that battle. Since then I've done the quest 2 or 3 times, plus the other Greede quest in there, but still cannot get past A because of the gates. My problem is I don't have a guide or walkthrough for the gates and am having to rely on others. The gates are taking too long and so it is the time factor determining the grade. I really just want to get an S on both of those battles and I don't plan to do them again.

At the moment I'm at Guild Rank 5. I'm having more fun just getting the guild rank points, and have stopped the story just before Dogma Rift. I really need just a few more Silver Ores to make the Buster Maul staff. I really would like the Crystal staff but haven't seen the items come up yet for that one. Yesterday I saw somebody in the Red Giant quest with a GR 8+ staff, was really jealous!

Also, I update my Adventure Logs every day that I play, so if you want to read those, feel free to comment on them. So glad we'll have more players. I'm happy to help with quests, there is always incentive to repeat quests because the points all count toward the next guild rank, no matter what quest you do.

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 07:11:50 PM »
Just recently bought this game, and I'm Level 13 heading through the Nordia Tunnels. My character is a Spear x Elemental Magic hybrid. I'm at GR2 and I think I overleveled a bit with the Balastor Plain quest (forgot the name, I think it was Brave Litton's Plight), as my Level 13 avatar is way ahead of Level 10 Leonard and Level 9 Yulie and Eldore. 

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:14:03 PM by DragonSLAYER45 »