Author Topic: Daily Update: WKC  (Read 51117 times)

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Re: Daily Update: WKC
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2010, 07:17:33 PM »
I'll be able to join you guys this Saturday. As long as I'm not too busy playing Heavy Rain ;) ;). If there are any starter tips you could recommend I'd gladly here them. I managed to give it a try at a local gaming centre and found it hugely enjoyable.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 11:37:09 AM »
Yay got my Buster Maul!!

Today I've had a Base Camp open all day and am still here. It's set for levels 31-40. I was surprised at how many people have been here all day. I've got serious crowds in here! People coming and going and questing together. This is MUCH more productive than trying to find a quest just from the World Map.

So, if you want to stop and visit, definitely come by. I really recommend opening your own base camp if you want to find people for quests.

Heh forget the story for now, this is too much fun. Questing with people from all over Europe and Canada.

Yay!! I'm now up to GR 7!!!! woot! Two days of questing online with people I went from GR 3 up to 7 heheh. Tomorrow I will probably hit GR 8 maybe.

Got a great group of folks visiting my base camp, the room gets so full I get complaints people can't get in. I've now started a GR 7 room too.

But I found out one thing: the game does have a level cap and an EXP cap in relation to the story. You can do guild quests and continue to get guild points, but eventually you cannot gain any more EXP or Skill points or levels until you go on with the story. I've stopped now at level 40 before Dogma Rift. Everything stopped gaining except for guild points. Which is ok because the requirement now for GR 8 is 900,000 points. GR 9 will be 2 million. Yikes!

Right now I have a super group of people for regular questing all about at my GR. You can do quests that you don't have yet as long as there is no GR requirement. I'm GR 7 and I can do the GR quests if other people start them, but I cannot buy the actual quests until I move on with the story. The grade for the ones I've done are still saved and they will show up when I buy the quests. So I now have to move on with the story or else I cannot go further with guild quests.

Mainly I've been doing support mage-ing because everybody is a tank or a fighter of some sort and you have to have the buffs and healing spells to do the higher level quests. I'm really impressed with the support spells like Inspire+ and Haste+. When I cast these on the damage dealers they DOUBLE their damage because of Inspire and the Haste makes them go so fast that we hardly take damage. The downside to mage-ing is that the bosses go right for the mages so I'm now asking the damage dealers to try and get the aggro spells to pull focus onto them. Otherwise the bosses go straight for me and kill me quick and leave the damage dealers alone. Kinda like Last Remnant where the big baddies go straight for the mages and silence them etc. So the team has become important. I've met some higher level players though with a mix of spells and they are able to do more solo-ing because of having their own set of spells. But right now it's cool, the damage players are very grateful for having a mage and so they buy me mana potions to keep my MP up. I've returned the favor by giving them my Charge Drinks which I don't really need. Fun stuff!

RedChocobo

• Brave Companion
  • Wark?
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 08:28:41 PM »
I'm still too low of a level.... 17? Not sure.
Can't play, Im home "sick". I hope I can join in with you soon, PP! I am getting to the fun part of the game! :P

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 07:36:43 AM »
Today I finished the story because I couldn't get any more quests or EXP. Took me 8 hours to figure out the final areas, and the Gamefaqs walkthrough is totally WRONG and the forums acknowledge that. So do not use that walkthrough if you need help at the end. Oddly I went thru most of the final areas still not gaining anything. Then in fighting one of the giant type monsters I got knocked back and fell down some rocks and couldn't get back up them. Luckily the two remaining characters were able to finish the battle. Then I had to switch out my avatar and switch in somebody else. After putting my character in reserve, it started gaining EXP again. I don't know if that was a glitch that was fixed by putting my character in reserve or if having my other characters level up a couple times got my avatar growing again.

So I finished out the game and then reloaded the cleared save to buy the new level 7 quests. The armor at the base camp shops is so much higher than what was available in the story at the end. Wow! I have a few buddies to play with for the level 7's and hope to meet more.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 12:17:50 AM »
Yeah, I did find the final part of the temple annoying. At least the enemies were easy. I took on the Final Boss again today after leveling my party to about Level 40 and started New Game+ again so I can get the treasures. ^_^

I also started a new file. This time it will be challenge based where I will not be allowed to use the Knights, stick to the party's original equipment, and have level restrictions. Should be fun, eh? :P

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 02:11:31 AM »
Cool I'm glad you're still playing!

As for me, I'm now GR 7 and within about 200k of GR 8. I've met a LOT of people on the multiplayer. Some are very good, some are annoying. The bosses now are getting more difficult and people have to pretty much settle into a job or skill set at least until GR 9+. After that it's much easier to do the lower level quests solo and so you can get by with just your own skill set.

At this point there definitely needs to be a tank in the party with Provoke or Threaten to draw the boss' attention, and then block using a shield. The attackers can then attack away without getting hurt. Bosses now go straight for the mage with the opening attack and as a mage you have to be ready.

I've taken a Support Mage role as it seems to be a good way to go for multiplayer. Having both Elemental and Divine magic gives all the MP you can get and all the shields and buffs and healing spells.

The buffs are totally crucial now. I have to open a battle with Haste+ to even have a shot at staying ahead of the battle. Then I follow with Inspire+ to double the attack damage of the party. Then I might use Fortify+ or a magic shield or just set up for healing.

The biggest challenge for me is A) staying alive after the initial hit, and then B) MP management. Online players vary a lot in what they do. As a support mage, the spells are so expensive the cast that I can't afford to do much unnecessary fighting/healing in a quest because I need to recover MP. MP potions level II and III have to be created, they can't be bought right now, and this is a time consuming endeavor. Some parties are very good about sharing their unneeded potions or being willing to wait while my MP recovers, or they can fight without needed the extra buffs outside of the boss battles. What's annoying are the players that don't wait for my MP and start the battle and expect to be healed/raised/buffed when I have no MP.

This will all get better a couple guild ranks from now, hopefully, because I will have level II quests to pick from that will be easy compared to the level III. I still don't have the next upgrade to my staff which is badly needed. I need the Levinstone and haven't been able to score one, so I'm saving the money to buy one. I could start New Game+ and get the next staff I need from a chest, but then I wouldn't be able to buy the GR 8 quests until I finish the game again. The quests only show up after certain story points, not just because of your GR. I don't think I want to finish the entire game all over again just for one staff and a good set of armor when at level 8 I will need the next set of equipment that isn't in the game except via Binding.

But I have a great group of friends to play with, when they are ON that is. One has been using Provoke plus blocking, and so the battles are so smooth with him doing that, and then I do the support and the attackers use lots of combos. The challenge will be keeping friends to play with, as people move on to other games it might be hard to find people to play online with. But I hope to get to at least GR 10 before quitting.  ;D

RedChocobo

• Brave Companion
  • Wark?

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2010, 03:35:47 AM »
I just beat the Three Gigas, then the mix. Pretty easy.
One problem Im having is to decide what my Character should be. With a Mage, my mp depletes too fast, and with a spear, not enough damage.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2010, 04:21:12 AM »
If you become a mage, focus your skill points on Staff Skills, Divine Magic Skills and Elemental Skills since they have MP+. If you want to become a warrior, it would be best to focus in the fields of Axes and Longswords. They deal the most offensive damage and have a number of STR+ stats.

Mana Potions aren't too expensive and enemies give a lot of guilder, so I wouldn't think MP problems should be much.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2010, 06:25:03 AM »
Mana Potions only give 25 MP. I now have 305 MP and so the regular potions are nothing. It costs 24 MP to cast Inspire+. Major problem when you need to cast it multiple times on a single quest. When you're at the level 5+ guild quests and up you need these spells.

Attackers have a similar problem. Charge Drinks are easy to buy but they only give 1 ability chip. For combos you need 4+ chips at a time. Charge Drinks II and III have to be created, they can't be bought yet. Short swords have a spell to gain a couple chips but then I see players casting it over and over and over just to get enough to do a combo.

RedChocobo

• Brave Companion
  • Wark?

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2010, 07:23:11 PM »
I learned at few skills in Spear Section, so I can Have an Attack weapon while I learn the MP ups.

Today, I JUST reached the City of Greede. :D
Its pretty awesome..... But I may think I'm under-leveled....
Anyone else just skip and run trough the big boss monsters in the wild that appear in big red dots?

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 12:50:47 AM »
Sure you can run thru. You will have to level up at some point, but like any game you can tell quick whether the ordinary enemies in a new area are too difficult. The good news is those trolls and treants are always there, so you can go in and fight them anytime. After Greede, you can go back to earlier areas in the game and the enemies will be a little harder, so those areas become useful again as well.

I'm just under 200k left til GR 8. Got a super team to work with, and am hoping they will stick with me til GR 9, after which as a mage it may be more possible to solo quest.

RedChocobo

• Brave Companion
  • Wark?

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2010, 02:34:56 AM »
Im Just running around in The City.... I HAVE NOOO MONEY! D: Everything costs too much..... :(
Also, About how much Left of the story do I have left to do? Like, At what percentage am I at if I am at Greede?

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2010, 07:05:37 AM »
For my low level challenge, I just beat Ahwanee at Level 6 and boy was it fun.  :o Till the part where he used his charge attack and it K.Oed Yulie before she could heal herself. Thank god I had revival powders. Now time for Nordia Tunnels.

Also, is it possible if we can post our avatars here? I think it would be interesting to see each and every one of our characters. :) Now, to find a camera...

New Game Plus, I am pretty much ignoring enemies and heading for the treasures. I am on Graydall Plain.

RedChocobo

• Brave Companion
  • Wark?

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2010, 02:34:32 PM »
LOL
My Avatar is a Total Failure. xP It looks different than I expected. Now, Until I Take a Picture, DONT MIND THE AWFUL CHIN! XD

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2010, 02:37:12 PM »
I just got that thing the duke wanted from the black market at Greed, and already delivered it to the duke. Now Caesar has joined my party and we are in search for that guy (forgot his name) who is in charge of that giant monster.

I played with allot off people online already, and i have seen many guilds passing by. Is it an idea that FFT starts a guild at WKC. We already have a club in home so why not expand to WKC ass well?

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.