Author Topic: Lost Odyssey  (Read 4162 times)

funkyman02

• Vanguard
  • Let's bring on the Funk.
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
Lost Odyssey
« on: October 17, 2008, 05:03:33 AM »
I think this game deserves a topic. I personally LOVE this game. The story is amazing, the battles are fun, and the characters are memorable. This game seems to be underrated, with all the low scores it recieved [regardless that everyone in the gaming community shouldn't let reviews sway their opinion]. I think over at GameFAQs (GameSpot?) it recieved in the 7 region. Personally, that is unacceptable. This game is so good that I can honestly rank it up there with my FFs.

What do you guys think? [I haven't even finished the game yet, and still I think this game is fantastic. :D]

It is better for you to die in hope than to live in despair. Let me be your liberator. -Yunalesca, FFX

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
Re: Lost Odyssey
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 02:40:21 AM »
i think people looked down at it because of the old fashioned turn-based RPG style gameplay
i personally thought there was nothing wrong with it

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

curly haired boy

• Moppet
  • played Revenant Wings yet?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 06:33:50 PM »
it has a great setting and some extremely awesome characters. the story is good, too.

my biggest issue is that the game is rather inconsistent.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

still, that doesn't affect the game TOO much as a whole, and the other strengths more than make up for it. the plot is OODLES of fun. they really know how to do a proper climax.

Kaim23

• Moppet
  • Got a Thousand Years?

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 11:03:09 AM »
I realize it's been a couple years since the last post, but with my screen name, and with as awesome a title as this is, it needs to be bumped!

I'm not sure how many fftogether users own an Xbox 360, if you do, you need to purchase LO. If you don't have a 360, with it's cheaper price it's worth picking one up and this absolute GEM of a title.

The limelight is definitely on FF here (and rightfully so) However, LO is practically FF 12.5, produced from the same minds as many FF titles, and a gorgeous soundtrack by the ever-amazing Nobou Uematsu.

I'm absolutely convinced if LO had "Final Fantasy" in it's title, millions more would have heard or have played this game, it's just a shame it went unnoticed by many. It's a story worth listening to! Heart breaking game too, especially the Thousand Years of Dreams. ;__;

Do yourself a favor and pick this up if you have the means, trust me, you won't regret it.

Ashe10

• Moppet
  • ? I love my Jamie ?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 09:28:21 AM »
Best JRPG of this gen, FFXIII is a garbage compare to it

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 12:37:46 AM »
Best JRPG of this gen, FFXIII is a garbage compare to it

Even better than White Knight Chronicles and The Last Remnant? :o

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 08:21:22 AM »
Its good but not better than the last remnant.

Kaim23

• Moppet
  • Got a Thousand Years?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 08:59:10 AM »

Well, LO is very different than both titles. WKC I played to death and loved, but it's a psuedo MMORPG, Last Remnant's system is completely different, where as LO is your traditional Wait and Attack RPG.

Story wise I think LO blows the other two out of the water, but Last Remnant was another impressive title overlooked by many. Same goes to WKC for that matter.

Bottom line, all three are great games, Lost Odyssey is one of my absolute favorite games. :)

Ashe10

• Moppet
  • ? I love my Jamie ?

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 01:06:51 PM »

Hell yes. WKC story is kinda weak it's the gameplay that is addicting

susiehaynes

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 05:43:51 PM »
i agree this game is so much fun. i super LOVE this game. i enjoyed the battle,and also the characters are so great. ;D ;D

Ergunno

• Moppet
  • Love Games, Love Anime

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »
Lost Oddysey = Best RPG game of this generation. Followed by The Last Remnant.
And as Zhako said, WKC story is kinda like FFXII (= weak, and I know about the story because I follow Zhako's playthrough on youtube). I'm gonna pick up WKC II after it releases (though not directly, I'm really busy and I'm gonna finish games before buying new ones. I had only played Soul Calibur IV for a bit before it disappeared and I still want to finish that tower. Red Dead Redemption, Modnation Racers and Midnight Club LA can be added to that list. I also want to get MK9 before this because from the demo, I MUST HAVE THAT GAME.

Kerochancaptor

• Moppet
  • Mood: Curious Curious

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »
For me this game is one of the best RPG ever too. The story was so amasing. It makes me cry a lot of time  :-[ It deserve more attention of the players I think  ;)