Author Topic: Nintendo 2DS  (Read 1233 times)

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Nintendo 2DS
« on: August 29, 2013, 03:31:52 AM »
Today, Nintendo unveiled the Nintendo 2DS. Yes, before you clean out your eyes thinking its April 1st, its absolutely real:

Nintendo has unveiled a new 3DS redesign today described as an, "entry level dedicated portable gaming system." It will no longer feature 3D capabilities, nor does it have the hinges, but will be backwards compatible with a huge library of DS and 3DS games. It will also retail at $129.99 on October 12th.

While the design and shape seem odd, it seems to have been developed with the age group of 7 and below in mind, as there have been some cases of kids breaking the (3)DS hinges by accident. But at the same time, it seems to be no longer "travel-sized," which is a bit bizarre for a handheld. What do you guys think? Will you be picking one up for yourself?

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:24:24 AM by DragonSLAYER45 »

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
Re: Nintendo 2DS
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 05:09:40 AM »
Forget kids, I'VE broken the hinges on DSs just from opening it so many times, the piece where the power light is just snapped off.

Also, I don't tend to take  handhelds around with me anymore and would never use the 3D function of the normal system, so $50 cheaper for a more durable system and all I have to give is a feature I'd never use? It actually sounds really good to me

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 08:49:51 AM »

I don't really have a problem with this, though, wouldn't it be just a better idea to do a better job of making those hinges last longer. A good idea to make some money, but does it really add something for te gamer?

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.
An Apple a day keeps the Guildmaster away!

kokushishin

• Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 12:13:22 AM »

I guess it's the equivalent of the DS Lite, but pretty odd.  I'm happy I got my 3DS when I did.

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 12:39:41 AM »
I'll just leave this here...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.