Author Topic: PSP Modding and Troubleshooting  (Read 12901 times)

A1X_Jet

• Vanguard
  • ....you jes fulla surprises, ain't ya?
  • Mood: Content Content

• View Profile
Re: PSP Modding and Troubleshooting
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 05:27:48 PM »
Googled it. It's a 2001.

EMPIRE: Book One: Beginning of the End -- Go into battle determined to die, and you will survive; Go into battle hoping to live, and surely you will not.
EMPIRE: Beginning of the End
PSN: KillerTofue

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 05:44:10 PM »
PSP Slim 2001 FW 5.51 should be able to be Modded but it may mount a motherboard TA-088v3 that block the service mode of Despertar and can't use Pandora Batteries.

http://www.consoleworld.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=157

On the Box of the Psp there's a Stick like this tell me what yours have written on and I'll be able to say if you have or don't have a TA-088v3.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 05:46:40 PM by Oniangel »

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 06:26:12 PM »
there are many vids on youtube instructing how to mod a PSP through a pandora's battery

i think Pandora's battery is a good way to go, so id reccomend looking it up on youtube

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 08:14:39 PM »
I HIGHLY suggest not modding the God of War PSP. It's a sold out limited edition, and the only red PSP model. Already it is selling for over $200 used, and worth more if you have the box and all the stuff that came in the box too.

Take good care of it, these limited PSP's eventually rise in price to between $400-500.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 11:40:07 PM »
I HIGHLY suggest not modding the God of War PSP. It's a sold out limited edition, and the only red PSP model. Already it is selling for over $200 used, and worth more if you have the box and all the stuff that came in the box too.

Take good care of it, these limited PSP's eventually rise in price to between $400-500.

thats true, i wonder how much the limited edition FF VII: Crisis Core PSP is worth right now :o

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

A1X_Jet

• Vanguard
  • ....you jes fulla surprises, ain't ya?
  • Mood: Content Content

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 01:27:00 AM »
are you guys kidding me? i can sell my psp and make serious moula? thats great news, i would definitely sell the thing and get a cheaper regular one. i do have the original box, all the instruction manuals, the movie that came with it, etc, etc. the only thing i dont have is the syphon filter redeemable game that i got with it, as i bought it/played it/deleted it.

do you really think i could sell it for a good price somewhere? ive only had it about a year and its in pretty *Bleep* good condition, nearly perfect cept maybe a scratch or two on the back.

EMPIRE: Book One: Beginning of the End -- Go into battle determined to die, and you will survive; Go into battle hoping to live, and surely you will not.
EMPIRE: Beginning of the End
PSN: KillerTofue

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 06:28:04 PM »

A PSP is STILL original if Modded as it can be taken back to the original Firmware.

A Modded Psp on Ebay is worth double the price you'll buy it in a store.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 12:03:03 AM »
Agreed, Oniangel, but I think the widest buyer market who buys limited edition PSPs for their looks is going to have PSP noobs who won't know what to do with a modded PSP, and might pass by the modded one and instead go for one that isn't modded, only because they are noobs. As a seller you want more buyers to drive up the bid or be more likely to buy. I really think the collector market is buying for the design on the PSP for the most part, and they don't intend to actually play it but keep it in its original condition to save it for the future to sell for more, or just to have it in their collection. The collector would not want to play that PSP for fear of adding more scratches or wearing off the design.

I had the Crisis Core PSP myself.  :P I got it for $259 and sold it for $499. Dunno what it sells for now. The newest one is the Japanese Dissidia PSP in the collector arena and I would guess that one is sky high with the recent worldwide release of Dissidia, and the disappointment that the US only offered a PSP kit without the Dissidia art actually on the PSP.

Currently I'm playing on the white Star Wars PSP, which is also sold out. It's not selling for quite so much, about $210 with the box etc. I will sell it at some point to buy a different one, maybe the PSP Go, or maybe not.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 12:06:22 AM by pprincess »

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
I searched the White Star Wars PSP for loooooong time on Ebay......I love that model :P

The Joker

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 04:05:52 AM »
I rather love my CFW PSP. It gives me a lot of options to improve lacking things in games. I changed the music in Dissidia, extracted music from games, am able to play backups, and write essays and stuff with my PSP. Its awesome enough to warrant this thread returning to life

I come before you, to stand behind you, to tell you a story I know nothing about. One bright morning in the middle of the night two dead fellows stood up to fight. They stood back to back, facing each other, drew their swords and shot each other. If you don't believe my lie, it's true, ask the blind lady on the corner, she saw it too.

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 12:13:26 PM »
Ooooh I changed too the music in Dissidia! Loved playing with Muse ;D Btw yes there are tons of Homebrew for it from Audio/Video apps to Learn Japanese/Chinese with PSP

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 11:50:01 PM »
I got 2 PSP's, 1 cant read the UMD's any more. I am thinking about modding it, but i will need a pandora battery.

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 11:51:40 PM »
If you have 2 Psp you're all set to create the Pandora and the Magic Stick.

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2010, 11:53:15 PM »
But none of them are modded, and i only want to mod 1 of them.

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 12:01:33 AM »
The method depend on which PSP model and Firmware you have.