Author Topic: A MP3 file question  (Read 1601 times)

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
A MP3 file question
« on: January 04, 2012, 05:17:49 AM »
I have a question regarding MP3s

I have two songs that are really part 1 and part 2 (flow directly from one to the other on the CD with no cutoff, but are different tracks) however, on Itunes and my Ipod, it does have lag between the two, so my question is: Is there a way to merge two MP3 files into one, thus removing the cutoff?

Metal Chocobo

• Vanguard
  • Pushing buttons since 1991
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
Re: A MP3 file question
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 01:20:23 PM »
There will be software for this, I'd say Audacity would do it but I've never actually tried to make it merge two things as big as songs. It's free though, so if you run out of options then there's no harm downloading it and giving it a shot.

Push the button. That's why it's there. If it wasn't meant to be pushed, it wouldn't be a button.

YiazmatSlayer

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:55:55 PM »
iTunes should have settings for it. For example, when burning a cd on iTunes, you can set it to have no gaps between tracks.

Should be able to find a way to do that too with normal desktop playback.

There's a difference between playing a card, and using a card. - Zane Truesdale

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 10:21:35 PM »
There will be software for this, I'd say Audacity would do it but I've never actually tried to make it merge two things as big as songs. It's free though, so if you run out of options then there's no harm downloading it and giving it a shot.

You can easily do it with audacity, i use it for recording commentary and thats been recording for near 4 hour sessions so i doubt it'll have problems with two songs. xD