Author Topic: Dissidia Duodecim - Character Choices  (Read 7676 times)

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
Dissidia Duodecim - Character Choices
« on: September 18, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »
Well, I think this is to put all of our posts of choices for the newest Dissidia in one place instead of scattered all throughout the forum. What are your character choices for Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy?

Confirmed: Lightning (FFXIII), Kain (FFIV), Tifa (FFVII), Vaan (FFXII), Laguna (FFVIII), Yuna (FFX)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:02:02 AM by Ally »

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
Re: Dissidia Duodecim - Character Choices
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 04:20:06 PM »
If Kain serves as one of those anchor characters, I think Final Fantasy VI deserves another character (most likely Locke), since Terra can be controlled to be on Chaos's side with the Slave Crown.

Final Fantasy XI and XII shall get their respective characters hopefully, as well as Final Fantasy XIII. Heck, they should try to at least put a Final Fantasy XIV character into the game, since they have a bit of time and FFXIV will be out soon anyways.

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!

Sentinel

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 07:51:38 AM »
By my own personal opinion, all I want is Gilgamesh. But let me just give my voice of opinion on everyone.

I am hoping Final Fantasy XII gets a spotlight. I'm actually... rather interested to see what they have in store IF they put Vaan into Dissidia. I'm quite interested to see his moveset, which will probably be based off Tactics abilities such as his own unique Sky Pirate class. I'm also rather interested to see his Nomura design and am hoping they give him his Tactics A2 outfit at least as an ALT costume.

If that doesn't work, then put in Ashe. Her ex-mode can have her equip the Sword of Kings or Treaty Sword, whatever it's called. Like Vaan, her Ex Burst can be based off quickenings. I guess she can have her Revenant Wings skills as her moveset, but this will require her to use a bomb instead of a sword. I can't really think of anything for her.

Since Lightning is representing FFXIII spot, I'm hoping for Cid Raines as a villain. Why? Barthandelus was pretty much beyond superhuman compared to the other Warriors of Chaos. How exactly they are going to make him work is next to impossible. Unless they want the player to be rooted into one spot during his Ex Mode, go right ahead Square. Raines, on the other hand, can use his regular form and his Cie'th form as a Ex Mode. His moveset can be basic monk moves (even though I think Tifa will handle that particular field).

Let's head to Final Fantasy X. Now, Yuna and Seymour would probably be near perfection. While I would like Auron more, Seymour doesn't really antagonize him much as well as having no one to oppose. Yuna can be sort of a Summoner/Gunner hybrid, and Seymour can be based off one of his four forms.

Celes

• Moppet
  • "I'm a soldier, not some love-starved twit."

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 05:42:53 AM »
Oh my god... I want a whole bunch of characters in Duodecim! Starting with characters like Celes, Ashe, Locke, Yuna, Auron, Vaan, Ashe, Rydia and Balthier. Some or none of these may come true but let me dream a little bit. Wouldn't it be epic if they made a game that had ALL the characters from the Final Fantasy series in it, heroes AND villains?  :D

greeksephiroth

• Vanguard
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 04:12:54 PM »
@Sentinel, I suppose they could put Yunalesca as Auron's counterpart

You just have to put your fingers like this!! It's freaking easy! ;)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 06:26:22 PM »
Yunalesca would indeed make a good counterpart for Auron, but seeming as the first ideas where to put Yuna in the first Dissidia instead of Tidus I'd say that Yuna/Seymour is more likely to make an appearance.

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 02:26:02 PM »
I would love to see Celes as Terra's partner or something. XD

Since Vaan is most likely going to be in, Gabranth would make a reasonable opposition for him because...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 02:59:07 PM »
I am hoping Final Fantasy XII gets a spotlight. I'm actually... rather interested to see what they have in store IF they put Vaan into Dissidia. I'm quite interested to see his moveset, which will probably be based off Tactics abilities such as his own unique Sky Pirate class. I'm also rather interested to see his Nomura design and am hoping they give him his Tactics A2 outfit at least as an ALT costume.

This is the one point in which I would not mind Vaan at all. In fact, I'd be cheering if they allowed his costume to be the FFTA2 outfit, or at least his alt. It seems many character's costumes changed going to D012, or at least Tidus(he's shown in the trailer as shirtless). If Vaan has his FFTA2 skills and costume available, then I'm all for it. Vaan was absolutely epic in FFTA2 and made me totally rethink my opinion on him.

If that doesn't work, then put in Ashe. Her ex-mode can have her equip the Sword of Kings or Treaty Sword, whatever it's called. Like Vaan, her Ex Burst can be based off quickenings. I guess she can have her Revenant Wings skills as her moveset, but this will require her to use a bomb instead of a sword. I can't really think of anything for her.

She'd probably focus on swords, and maybe even dual-wielding the two, that would be cool. Her moveset could be based off certain technicks and spells, and I think that would work out. Her alt costumes = her bathing suit, wedding dress, and funeral dress. :3 :3 :3

Since Lightning is representing FFXIII spot, I'm hoping for Cid Raines as a villain. Why? Barthandelus was pretty much beyond superhuman compared to the other Warriors of Chaos. How exactly they are going to make him work is next to impossible. Unless they want the player to be rooted into one spot during his Ex Mode, go right ahead Square. Raines, on the other hand, can use his regular form and his Cie'th form as a Ex Mode. His moveset can be basic monk moves (even though I think Tifa will handle that particular field).

That's not a bad idea, although I don't like it too much because
Spoiler: FFXIII Spoilers (click to show/hide)

What I would love is a Jihl Nabaat enemy, but Square was stupid and didn't involve her in the story enough to make her really a Dissidia enemy. She had the potential to be a great villain. I wouldn't mind fighting ol' Dysley in his human form, but Raines, I guess, wouldn't be terrible.

Let's head to Final Fantasy X. Now, Yuna and Seymour would probably be near perfection. While I would like Auron more, Seymour doesn't really antagonize him much as well as having no one to oppose. Yuna can be sort of a Summoner/Gunner hybrid, and Seymour can be based off one of his four forms.

I agree.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 05:58:45 PM »
I think i need to remember you about the fact that Jecht also wasn't and isn't the bad guy. And he was put in the first Dissidia.

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »
Spoiler: Final Fantasy IV (click to show/hide)

Same goes for Vayne, from Ashe point of view he may be a bad guy. But consider trying to see him from other points of view and you might start arguing if he's really a bad guy. But if where at it you might also argue whether or not Sephiroth is a true bad guy. For all I see in Sephiroth is a monster created by Hojo, the Sephiroth we knew from Crisis Core was a gentle and kind man.

It are arguments like this that make you learn that good and evil isn't as black and white as some people think :D

Sentinel

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 12:26:00 AM »
What I would love is a Jihl Nabaat enemy, but Square was stupid and didn't involve her in the story enough to make her really a Dissidia enemy. She had the potential to be a great villain. I wouldn't mind fighting ol' Dysley in his human form, but Raines, I guess, wouldn't be terrible.
This is one thing I will always agree with no matter what about Final Fantasy XIII...

Although, I think it goes beyond having a certain level of involvement in the story. Characters such as Cloud of Darkness, Garland, Jecht and Ultimecia barely had any involvement as an antagonist in their respective games but they got in. I really think that one moment of confrontation for the main characters was all they needed to get into Dissidia, but that's just me. I'm not all to knowledgeable with Final Fantasy lore so I could be just be throwing random words out there.

PeteThePlayer

• Rear Guard
  • I'm sorry, is that a mosquito?

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 06:17:06 PM »
noone left a word about FFVIII
Zell should be there! And I suppose Seifer will be as well :P

Sentinel

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 10:11:06 PM »
Characters such as Cid Raines and Barthandelus, and maybe Seymour and Vayne may be out: http://www.qj.net/qjnet/psp/no-hero-vs-villain-pairings-for-dissidia-duodecim.html

I wonder... if the UMD space is such a huge problem, I don't understand why they would bother making it for the PSP then. -_-"

Ronso Rage X

• Hedge Knight
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 01:17:34 AM »
Lol, I just posted my recommendations on the Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy - Main Theme video on Youtube but I will just quote what I said there here. :P

Since FFXI and FFXII don't have prominent roles in this game: Final Fantasy XI and XII must get a role in this game before anyone else IMHO. The only characters I could recommend are: Shadow Lord, Prishe, Vaan, Balthier, Ashe, and Vayne. All for reasons because I think they are great characters and I think they would be excellent for Dissidia.

I'm mostly voting for Balthier here in the FFXII spot, we could really use a full time Ranged-based fighter. Of course, I wouldn't mind Ashe or Vaan for reasons stated above. It could be me being a bit bias here because this was my main team in FFXII, but what can you do?

Shadow Lord's size could be reduced to a normal human size and his Ex Mode could be his second-phase form + growing a little bit more. Prishe was originally a candidate so I added her for the lawls.

Also, he may not be in FFXI nor FFXII (no, cameos don't count...): Gilgamesh must be added, no matter what. No excuses Square, you can make him work. >_<

"Only those who try will become"

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 05:38:14 AM »
Gilgamesh must be added, no matter what. No excuses Square, you can make him work. >_<
thank you, that covers it completly