Author Topic: DATA DRAMA  (Read 1702 times)

sentry88

• Hedge Knight
  • ff13-2!!!!
  • Mood: Busy Busy

• View Profile
DATA DRAMA
« on: October 16, 2010, 12:32:22 AM »
Since my ps3 is suffering from YLOD (yellow light of death).
I was wondering if I take out my hardrive will all my data still be on it??? ??? :(
Because in ff13 I'm on ch13 and I was at ch8 but then I lost the data >:( :(
And doing it a 3rd time isn't something I'd look forward to :o :( >:(
Please help ;D ;D ;D

I goin burn your house down..... with the lemons~Cave Johnson

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
Re: DATA DRAMA
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 03:16:37 AM »
If you really have YLOD, there is no way to get the data off unless you can get the machine back on.

A last ditch effort would be to cover the PS 3 with towels, and point a hair dryer at the back vent. Swipe the dryer back and forth over the vent for 10-15 minutes. You might be able to get the PS 3 back on this way, it could last a few minutes or a few days, but might do it long enough to get your data out.

If you send in your PS 3 to Sony, they will likely send you another refurbished model or if they do fix yours, the hard drive will likely be wiped.

Buy a cheap flash drive and back up your games, each time you play or at least each time you do something in the game you want saved.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: DATA DRAMA
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 03:08:08 PM »
If you send in your PS 3 to Sony, they will likely send you another refurbished model or if they do fix yours, the hard drive will likely be wiped.
Its standard procedure for Sony to first format the Hard-drive (if it hasn't already been done by the customer) to see if that fixes the problem. So if you send it to them you're data will definitely be erased.