Poll

Who do you think Yuna would have chosen?

Tidus
5 (33.3%)
Auron
3 (20%)
Rikku
0 (0%)
Kimahri
6 (40%)
Lulu
1 (6.7%)
Wakka
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: [FFX] The Final Summoning  (Read 3006 times)

Princess Moogle

• Moppet
  • Kupo !
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
[FFX] The Final Summoning
« on: June 10, 2011, 04:25:23 AM »
If the party hadn't
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
then Yuna would have chosen someone to become the fayth of the Final Summoning. Say no one knew about it and she chose to sacrifice herself to defeat Sin. who would she have chosen to become the Fayth? Would it have been Tidus, Lulu, Auron, Kimahri, Rikku or even Wakka? Please write why you selected that character.

Also, what do you imagine the Final Summoning looks like? Could it be based on a previous Final Fantasy summon? Give your opinions on that too!

Deep in my heart I'm concealing things that I'm longing to say. Scared to confess what I'm feeling - frightened you'll slip away.

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: [FFX] The Final Summoning
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 11:16:26 AM »
Personally i think auron would have nominated himself due to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 11:36:31 AM »
I'd also go for Auron. Another reason is that he was friends with Braska and promised to protect Yuna. From what I remember Auron and Kimahri were also Yuna's first guardians.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Metal Chocobo

• Vanguard
  • Pushing buttons since 1991

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 02:23:33 PM »
But would Auron be able to? Would his particular situation not make him an invalid choice? I'd say Kimahri, Tidus would no doubt volunteer but she wouldn't have the heart to choose him as for Kimahri, "Yuna happy, Kimahri happy."

And I think the look of the final Aeon would have to retain a semblance of the Fayth it was forged from. A Kimahri Aeon would be big, blue and carry a spear. An Auron Aeon would be Diablos from FF8. Or possibly Doomtrain.

Push the button. That's why it's there. If it wasn't meant to be pushed, it wouldn't be a button.

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 09:34:33 PM »
Tidus and Yuna really grew a strong bond on their journey together, so I have no doubts that they would have probably made a better combination.

I always imagined the Final Aeon looked like Odin, by looking at the fayth in the Zanarkand Ruins. But I guess it's different for each person chosen. Paragon in FFX-2 is actually Yunalesca's husband, Zaon while looking different from Braska's Final Aeon.

PeteThePlayer

• Rear Guard
  • I'm sorry, is that a mosquito?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 09:39:30 PM »
Tidus and Yuna really grew a strong bond on their journey together, so I have no doubts that they would have probably made a better combination.

I always imagined the Final Aeon looked like Odin, by looking at the fayth in the Zanarkand Ruins. But I guess it's different for each person chosen. Paragon in FFX-2 is actually Yunalesca's husband, Zaon while looking different from Braska's Final Aeon.

Well it's nowhere confirmed that this is his final aeon appearance. Easier proof for that is simply looking at Seymour's FA. It's Anima...Looks different than BFA.

On-topic: I'd say it would be Tidus or Kimahri. For badass-ness my vote would go for Kimahri.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 10:10:08 PM »
Well I think Auron would fall of as well, him being death and all. Originally Yu Yevon took the souls of the people to create the summons, and since Auron is basically nothing more than a living memory I wonder if he has a soul left to become a summon.

Yuna knows Wakka and Lulu long enough to have noticed a thing going on between them so I guess they fall of as well and seeming how Rikku is against the final summoning and all I doubt she would have become it herself.

So that leaves us with either Tidus or Kimahri. Yuna shares a great bond between the both of them so from that point of view both would do. Though in the end I guess it would have become Tidus as he'd probably convinced Yuna for picking him.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 12:30:15 PM »
Well I think Auron would fall of as well, him being death and all. Originally Yu Yevon took the souls of the people to create the summons, and since Auron is basically nothing more than a living memory I wonder if he has a soul left to become a summon.

Isn't the fayth what keeps Auron "alive"? Can't he just let that fayth become the final aeon? Been a long time since I played X.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

PeteThePlayer

• Rear Guard
  • I'm sorry, is that a mosquito?

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 12:42:00 PM »
Isn't the fayth what keeps Auron "alive"? Can't he just let that fayth become the final aeon? Been a long time since I played X.

Uhmm, no. What fayth should keep Auron alive? Auron is just an unsent, a bunch of pyreflies remained because he still hasn't dealt with his business.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »
Oh, I always thought pyreflies = fayth.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 03:14:12 PM »
The fayth are keeping Tidus alive, he's part of the dream Zanarkand summoned from the fayth and since Jecht was the same he would indeed be capable of becoming a summon.

Auron on the other hand is a unsent who's basically nothing more than a memory kept alive by the pyreflies. And now does the game provide no specific information about the pyreflies so that part is guessing. One could indeed guess they are working the same as the fayth which would mean Auron could become a summon, or you could guess they work on a different basis meaning Auron wouldn't be able to become a fayth.

FFZell

• Brave Companion
  • Vos plus mihi par fatum

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 05:14:25 PM »
I would have to say that Kimahri...I don't think that Yuna would let Tidus become the final aeon after finding out about what happened to Jecht.  Auron was only there to guide and protect both Yuna and Tidus, Wakka and/or Lulu might have volunteered, but Kimahri woulda been the most logical choice, at least in my mind...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Nostrum verus vita est ut nos es in nostrum somnium suscitatio - Henry David Thoreau