Author Topic: The hardest classic game you've played  (Read 7977 times)

chaosblade02

• Moppet

• View Profile
Re: The hardest classic game you've played
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 07:13:48 PM »
7th Saga for the SNES is pretty brutal as far as RPGs go.  Probably the hardest RPG I played on the SNES.  Its harder than the old Dragon Warrior games.  You basically got one character, and can recruit 1 party member later on, which you can change.  I played the game as a Demon main, which I found out later was probably the hardest choice.  Low DEF, Variety of attack spells, most mobs hit very hard, meaning 3-5 hits I was dead.  *random battle* 3 mobs, each can kill me in 3-5 hits got 1 of 2 choices #1 throw my best nuke, still might not kill them and high MP cost or #2 run and try to conserve MP: *tries to run* *fails* *Dies and reloads*.  Yup, that is the 7th Saga I remember.

I thought Phantasy Star II was pretty tough, the hardest one in the series.  I remember every new dungeon I went in, I felt like I was getting freaking MAULED, and the new gear for sale was expensive.  It seemed money was pretty scarce in that game.  But that was about the best they could do to make an RPG challenging in those days, was to make mobs hard hitting, and gear expensive. 

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:34:40 PM by chaosblade02 »

Kytes

• Moppet
  • Zodiac Escutcheon chest, what's your problem?
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 06:02:16 PM »
Circus Charlie.  :)

RoachWizard

• Rear Guard
  • We all stand vigilant ...
  • Mood: Curious Curious

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 10:53:17 PM »
The hardest classic game I remember playing would be Prince of Persia for DOS. The swordfighting was hard enough, but the platforming, oh god the platforming... Every jump you make has a delay and some of them have to be pixel precise or you'll fall to your death (or in a pit filled with spikes). The hidden ceiling platforms didn't help either. I never finished that game.