Author Topic: FFXIII/FFXIII-2 Daily Update Thread - What's been done today? [SPOILERS!]  (Read 72669 times)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: FFXIII Daily Update Thread - What's been done today?[SPOILERS!]
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 01:26:38 PM »
I still need to figure out the shop as well lol i figured when I need to ill worry about it.
Good to know that I'm not the only one :P

Well Andrew I spoke a bit to soon about chapter IV, those bomb's that appear during the last section of the chapter gave me quite some trouble. The only tactic that work to survive them was switching to healing at the start and just hoping I could cure between the explosions >_<

Anyway I've also passed chapter V now, and just like chapter IV it didn't gave me that much trouble  as well. I even defeated the boss in one go. Now its time to see what chapter VI has in store for me :D

ASephiroth

• Moppet
  • Mood: Cold Cold

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 03:56:35 PM »
Wow your moving right along :D  How is the leveling up going for you?  I did that a bit yesterday, never seems to be enough CP to get along lol.

Chapter 9 still but its not bad i hate the alarm sound in the bg though sigh :P

Im glad you to see me I garontee! Fry baby, fry!

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 05:37:18 PM »
By just beating everything that walks my path I can get enough CP to activate most abilities and other stuff.

And in Chapter VI I've just arrived at the part where you can change the weather :D Again I hardly have problems with most of the local monsters. The only one that are giving me problems though are those armadillo like creatures, they take me a really really long time to beat and I haven't figured out there weakness yet (should they even have one ::)). I know there is something special with them as you got a message about them when you first arrived at that location, it are really at those points that I wish I could have read what it said.

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 01:11:24 AM »
Yeah I found that just beating everything... isn't enough for CP, I kinda rush through some parts to get to monsters with better CP rewards.

Ya those armadillos heh gotta break em then they are so soft to cut :P

I just beat the nasty multi part boss at the end of ch9... onto Chapter 10 now yay!

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 06:55:01 PM »
Yea I figured out I had to break them, but that was really the biggest problem. Every time I almost got the break bar full I had to switch out to a healer, which caused the bar to drop back again :-\

I simply continued the road trying to avoid them. And I must be doing great as I've also defeated the boss of Chapter VI in one go. I'm now in Chapter VII at the point where I finally got back snow, he had a massive amount of CP just waiting to be used ;D

Woot I'm finally past chapter 7 now. Those darn flying motorbikes gave me quite the trouble, giving me a game over screen quite a few times. Finally figured out that you can survive there gatling gun by going into defender. Don't know if there is an other way to do survive or block that attack, but this worked for me :D

And again I'm starting to get on a role with those boss battles. All three boss battles where again done in one go ;D I've currently just passed the Chocobo part in Chapter 8.

BTW right now its starting to look like simply beating everything on my path will bring in enough CP, though as long as I can go without farming CP I will.

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 01:11:04 AM »
Wow you are moving along so fast eep.  I wish I was that fast.. kidna then again I am havign fungoing as slow as I am :)

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 10:53:28 AM »
I just can't stop playing this game. Also rinimt has already beaten the game yesterday and we can't stay behind forever can we :P

And an other further update, as I've played a short moment before I went to sleep. Normal monsters in Chapter VIII hardly formed a problem and so did the first boss (some kind of assault Machine). Though right now Brynhildr is forming an obstacle. Tried four times last night, first three tries resulted in a complete failure, but the last try resulted in a close call. Gonna try to perfect that strategy today to beat him ;D

Took me another four tries this morning (including some farming to get blizzard for vanilla), but now he's finally gone. 3 Eidelons down and 3 more to go ;D

« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:54:47 PM by Da_Cloud »

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 03:27:15 PM »
Geez you are rocketing through!  heh I tried recording the boss at the end of chapter 9 last night and failed miserably (I didn't do so bad when I wasn't recording lol).

Today ill try again, and also im up to erm...Cid so yeah fighting him too.  Plus I need to make a tutorial vid today people wanna see how battles are done more in depth I guess.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 03:53:46 PM »
Well I'm not redoing stuff to make videos, I guess that's what's slowing your progression down. I thought of making some, but since you and rinimt already made them. Gonna need my time writing down information about FFXIII for the site anyway.

Right now I'm somewhere in Chapter 9. Don't know how far I am in the chapter itself, but they just declared code white, which doesn't sound to best ::)

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 06:00:38 AM »
Thats true, we do each have our speciality, you are better off writing up about it I guess, this site will need some written info thats for sure, I am not much of one for that.

Heh nice your about to where I was having trouble, good luck!  I am onto the boss in chapter 10 sigh I die so fast what can ya do :P

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 07:46:17 PM »
Well I've finished chapter 9. Won't say it really gave me a hard time, but I was caught of guard a few times resulting in a game over screen. And unlike the midway bosses the final boss of chapter 9 wasn't a simple. At some point during the fight I could barely stay alive with 2 active healers in my team :o

I went for the four small heads first, but when you take out 2 of them they start using high level spells which have the nasty effect of stunning your characters. Though when you take out the third head things are going fine again. Got really lucky with the doom counter as well. I almost had him in break mode when he used doom. No need to say that after a few hits he was broken and ready to die :P

I'm now at the begging of chapter 10, enjoying the fact I can make my own team now. Though is it already possible to point your own leader, or am I stuck with Lightning for that role. Not that I hate her, but being able to select a different party leader would be nice :D

Woot another good day on FFXIII. The first boss in the chapter 10
Spoiler: possible story spoiler (click to show/hide)
gave a really good fight. It took me several tries to find the right set up, but after a try or 5 I finally got him down.

Then next was Bahamut. I already knew I had to face him and even had a good strategy to beat him, but since I didn't quite knew at which moment to expect him I hadn't set up my character for it. Never the less Bahamut didn't form any trouble at all. Beated him on the first go and believe it or not ASephiroth I didn't even once used a jammer :o

I dunno what I really did, but the only sett ups I used where (att/bla/bla) at the start of the battle (def/hea/hea) when I needed a quick heal and (att/bla/hea) during the rest of the fight. I wasn't really paying attention to the bar, but I'm guessing that somehow the defender job gave the bar a really good boost.

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 10:34:45 PM »
hahaha blame Erin for the jammer bit, I didnt use much of one either, nice work!  I just kept getting pummeled by strong physical attacks at first.  The previous boss for me gave absolutely no trouble and was fun :D

The first battle in chapter 11 I had a hard time with till I set up protect on my guy, wait till my vid gets uploaded heh it was the closest I got, 5 was left on the doom timer when I won the battle lol classic fun moment :)

After that though im in a big area whew I dont see myself going anywhere fast!  I gotta level up my boards a lot, its time to get to work on that.  You caught up so fast heh Im taking pride in not being a speedy gamer I guess here lol.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2010, 10:10:23 AM »
I didn't really want to use jammer's during those eidelon fight, you've seen how fast and easy it can make those battles.

Also I'm not at the same spot as you. Needed four tries against Alexander, but when I figured out his battle style it wasn't really that much of a hard fight either.

Now its time to explore the wide open area. Would have been nice is there where a few more area's like that. I don't mind following a "small" path, but exploring is always fun to do :D Probably won't pass past that area today, gonna see how far I can get with those missions first ;)

rinimt

• Moppet
  • Mood: Hyper Hyper

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 11:23:23 AM »
Hey now Bram, I've done both ways. 4/6 Eidolons gave me many game overs, each one I swear gave more each time :P Jammer IS effective though since point of the eidolon battles is to fill that gauge not to do damage (See: Shiva and Defender) XD But to be fair I beat em both ways lol Jammer + outside buffs is just 100x easier (aka I'm doing Jammer in english XD)

STILL GRINDING T_T Though... ATTEMPTING missions and getting butt kicked by most the ones I have left. Just so you know, a move that hits about 5 times and does 3.3k damage a hit ALONG with having 1-2 adds out in the fight... Yea its a very quick game over  -_-;;; *goes back to game grumbling*. Maybe there's a reason maxing boards gives most everyone around 20k hp (the main 3 boards)...

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 11:25:41 AM by rinimt »

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2010, 12:52:35 PM »
Yea I know you beated them the normal way as well, just didn't want to spoil my fun by using the easy way around. To be honest I could probably makes things a bit easier by upgrading my weapons (still not took the time to figure that out) and using outside buffs (haven't used those once yet). I'm not trying to sound like I'm almighty now (have seen the game over screen to many times), but I'm not gonna use them if I can also do it without ;)

Currently still exploring the massive open field of chapter 11, currently on my way to mission 4. I guess I'm gonna train a bit as well, some of the local monsters definitely give hard fights. Not to speak about the behemoth's, those already gave me more game over screens than the last 3 bosses together :o