Author Topic: FFXIII/FFXIII-2 Daily Update Thread - What's been done today? [SPOILERS!]  (Read 74363 times)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: FFXIII Daily Update Thread - What's been done today?[SPOILERS!]
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2010, 08:53:16 PM »
I've just finished the game. The ending is so worth watching :D

From the point where you are now Andrew it isn't really far to the end, but to get there you'll still need to spend quite some time. The local monsters alone already take some time to defeat and if that's not enough there are also quite some "boss battles" before you finally reach the final boss.

Just to say the first form of the final boss is a bit annoying, but not to hard. The second form took me quite some time to defeated. The third from is really really easy, you just need to know what you must do. Won't tell how I did it though, would take away the fun of yourself.

Now its time to get all trophy's, or in other words fully complete the whole game :D

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 01:39:03 AM »
Spoiler: Lightning's Real Name (click to show/hide)

Found that out from before the second Baldanders battle. I know that's french for Lightning... I think. I had lots of fun in Oerba today, like getting 3 game overs from those Cie Corpses. Surprising, Baldanders did not give me a game over and I think I was really underleveled.

ASephiroth

• Moppet
  • Mood: Cold Cold

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2010, 03:25:00 AM »
Geez finished already!?  I jsut made vids today for Galenth and the other ch 11 battle.  I got to a boss in ch12 but owch I was killed when he went attacking and never stopped brr.  Yeah Ill need to take more time your right, got the board mostly mastered atm but still heh.

Hmm easy sounds good, I hope I can figure it out easy, well worse for me is whe nI beat a boss then try and rrecord it and thigns dont work out lol.  There is a lot to do after the game from what I hear, ltos of missions much harder than bosses in game :)  I still gotta work my way through ch12 grr.  Lol but I dont dedicate a huge amount of time to gaming.

Im glad you to see me I garontee! Fry baby, fry!

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2010, 10:09:12 AM »
Yea that boss was annoying, but believe me things will get much more annoying in chapter 13. I finished the game with 2 of the 3 main boards mastered, the third main board was hardly touched.

And the end game is still worth it. There are over 60 missions to do and well you've seen how though some of these are. And then there are always the hard thropy's to get like maxing all units and getting a 5 star on all missions. Mainly that last one sounds like it will take a while to do :-X

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2010, 03:30:06 PM »
Ahh ok just from the sound of it, you made the rest of the game sound easy and a breeze, especially since one moment your at tend of ch 11 then next game is over heh.  I still haven't tried the boss yet, got work today lol ill get there sometime ;)

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2010, 04:12:41 PM »
Well I must admit though that I have some experience with under-levelled characters as I always tend to rush a final fantasy the first time I play them (want to know how the story ends). So I probably make it sound easier than it really is ::)

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2010, 05:02:11 PM »
Heh that works, I thought it would be harder if you rushed it lol, but you got the experience ;)  Ok I did get a bit of game time in before I headed out, still on ch12, I did beat that boss but wow lots of winding paths with Pulse monsters getting in my way heh, I much rather fight them than PSI-COM soldiers.

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2010, 12:30:58 AM »
Well... I just experienced what may be the most epic cutscene in all of Final Fantasy. Chapter XII, and the game is almost over. Just so everyone knows, my perma party consists of Fang (Party Leader), Lightning and Vanille. I have Fang on Attacker, Vanille on Enhancer and Lightning on Blaster. When I need it, I switch Optima's to everyone to a Blaster (useful for Breaking enemies) and a Optima consisting of HEA, HEA, and ENH whenever I am in a tight spot.

Generally, I lied about the perma party part. Because I sometimes switch Hope and Sazh in for Lightning and Vanille, and sometimes Snow for boss battles. (He is bait with DEFENDER. He never sees light in my party besides at these times)

I suspect I should be done with this game by the end of the week, earlier if school corporates.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 12:33:58 AM by Spee »

Sentinel

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2010, 01:06:36 AM »
Blasters are definitely a decent way to get the BREAK gauge to fill up. With my progress, I am generally finished with the game and I have to say that this may not be my favorite Final Fantasy of all time, it is definitely high up there. The ending was beautiful yet the final boss is like Yu Yevon: a joke. The battle before the true final boss and his first form was completely harder and a challenge at least:
Meh, At least I got the Superstar trophy for defeating him.  :P Now that I have the Crystallium leveled up, it's time to head back to Pulse and finish off the board. ^_^

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2010, 04:09:19 AM »
Just pudging along the final level tonight which is takign me forever.  Its *Bleep*ing me off the enemies and all sigh, I did upgrade my weapons though so that helped with the chapter 12 boss.  Argh I was happy till chapter 12 now all I am is angry with the game lol, almost maxed boards and I still get killed too easily.  I want to finish it tonight but this level goes on forever.  I hope I dont go nuts :P

Ok im getting less aggravated in my game now lol random battles are whew a pain.  Onto one of those mini bosses at the end that does the 1 hit ko attacks sigh my leader was hit towards the end, the defender couldn't lure him away there.  Ill try the rest of this another day, the ending will have to wait I guess.

There today I finally beat the game!  I needed to get out so i was gone in the mountains all day and came back determined to win!  2nd mini boss in final level was the worst out of those 3, then the final boss whew 2nd form was a pain in the ass till I played with jammer to like poison him to death lol.  Only hard part was then making sure I was healed and not jammed myself.  Ahh soo good to move on finally, now I gotta go back and record every boss from ch 12 and 13 sigh....

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 04:45:10 AM by ASephiroth »

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2010, 02:04:04 PM »
Finally the game arrived :D

Finished Chapter 1 and halfway through the 2nd Chapter and until now no problem. Best graphic I've ever seen till now on a Next-Gen Console.

--------------------------------------------

Saved at the last Save Point of Chapter 3, filled the crystarium but I need to check if I scanned every enemy.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 06:37:40 PM by Oniangel »

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2010, 06:59:20 PM »
Thats what you get with HD ;)  Beautiful!

I am leveling up my team, it takes forever!  I watch a movie and level up, still never enough CP.  Ill watch anothe movie today ;)  I am doing not so good on a lot of missions, got a game over vs. 3 tonberries sigh I was close to killing one of them then....

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2010, 08:01:19 PM »
I am leveling up my team, it takes forever!  I watch a movie and level up, still never enough CP.  Ill watch anothe movie today ;)  I am doing not so good on a lot of missions, got a game over vs. 3 tonberries sigh I was close to killing one of them then....

Those are annoying aren't they. I've got so far that I killed one, but then I got a Game Over never the less :-\ I recommend starting at the bottom during those trials and work your way upwards so to say. I only run into trouble with some of the missions in the top half, the missions in the bottom half where surprisingly "simple".

I need to finish about 9 more missions now, most resulted in multiple game over screens and I still need to find/play free some of them.  I'm still far from maxing my units as well. Finished 1 main board for them all, the second main board is halfway ring 10 and the third main board is at the start of ring 10. To be honest I haven't played it in 2 days now. Never been the type to farm for long times.

Might try finishing the game later on, right now its back to my duties on FFTogether. Have left them untouched for far to long ::)

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2010, 01:19:42 AM »
Obtained Shiva sister at 1st try with 5* and Odin at 3rd try with 5*. It's incredible how the starting Optima can change the whole battle ::)

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2010, 05:30:36 PM »
Almost have every character with max skills/stats... but still getting creamed by various enemies... Wyverns are the worst.. .why so many A class enemies like that, I hate em!  Im trying to backtrack and get some 5 star missions but still.. even then ugh hard work!  I need a break from this game for a bit.