Author Topic: FFXIII/FFXIII-2 Daily Update Thread - What's been done today? [SPOILERS!]  (Read 73884 times)

ASephiroth

• Moppet
  • Mood: Cold Cold

• View Profile
Re: FFXIII Daily Update Thread - What's been done today?[SPOILERS!]
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2010, 03:36:24 PM »
I spent all day yesterday in Ch11 heh.  Still not ready to leave!  Like you I had to train a bit, i got to mission 2 and was killed so fast!  Behemoths got me too!  It was annoying when they were randomly summoned into battle by other creatures heh.

I went to a cave on one side that i thought the desitination was at where robots and bombs are at, im grinding there now to max out my 3 main boards so I can at least get started on their 3 nonessential job boards.  Long process so far!  Just got about 2 of each of their boards done so far, long way to go.  I think im working on mission 5 now, sno nice to see these new areas discovered whew its a lot of terrain to cover.  So good to have this now, I need this heh.

I tried mission 54 or 55 whatever it was heehee Jumbo Cactuar!  Each one of hits right now was an instant KO though heh heh.  So yeah today I plan to goof around more doign this stuff heh heh.

Im glad you to see me I garontee! Fry baby, fry!

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2010, 03:44:58 PM »
Currently done mission 1 till 5 (got a trophy for it :D) & mission 8 as well. Still exploring the map while trying to level my units. Currently got halfway 1 of there main boards.

And especially those monsters that summon the behemoths are annoying. I'm automatically avoiding them on the map, but luckily when they are summoned in a battle I can defeat them now.

Well need to get to work now, so I can't play the game for a full 5 hours :-X

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »
Um... Hope's Mother is named NORA Estheim... As in Snow's "Team NORA"?  ::) I hope Square Enix has realized that. Just something I felt like getting out ever since I finally translated her name.

Anyway, as of yesterday, I finished Chapter IX. I found the boss easy when I was always on the offensive. When I was partially or completely on defense, he took me down easy.

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »
Yes, Hope's mom's name is indeed Nora. Whether that's a coincident or not, I dunno.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2010, 10:51:29 AM »
Well still wandering around in the Grand Pulse doing missions. I've now done mission 1 till 5 and 8 till 11, must have missed 6 & 7 along the way so I'm gonna look for those today :D

My levels aren't going fast either, but since 1 note already gives a huge boost you really notice you strength is rising. Right now I've almost filled 1 board for each character, though I'm not staying only to train. First thing I'm gonna do is find mission 6 & 7. After that I'll see if I can find missions 12 and up or that I will continue with the story.

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2010, 04:16:24 PM »
Ya ive been stuck on the plains too lol, start going back to where you came in at first for 6 & 7 I think.

Now for me ive finished up to mission 16 or something around there, and have all characters 3 main boards complete, working on sub boards... not too much.  Im about ready to move on with the story finally.   Chocobo travel makes this place so much easier!

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2010, 04:21:03 PM »
I've found 6 & 7 today, but then I couldn't find 12 so I moved on already. I'm now getting blocked by Hecatonchires though. Haven't used jammers in the fight yet, but I either need to use them or need to level up if I want to defeat him :-\

Characters now have 1 of there main jobs completed and the second main job is about halfway. Think I'll either look for the other missions or go back into the mine, the machines there give decent amounts of CP for relatively short fights ;D

Also where did you find those chocobo's haven't gotten one yet :-X

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2010, 10:11:38 PM »
hey guys i have a question, i heard from some people that the game is really linear. is that true?

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2010, 10:27:18 PM »
Yes, and it is no surprise. After all, FFXIII was made by FFX's production team, and as we SHOULD know, FFX had linear areas.

Don't complain about the linearity though. Just be glad that with the game's difficulty, they didn't make too-hard-to-complete dunegons.  ::)

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2010, 10:34:14 PM »
oh cool, also Spee, im guessing since you understand Japanese you know the story so far.

so how is it?(without spoiling anything) is it good or interesting?

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2010, 02:45:44 AM »
When you get to chapter 11 you wish for linearity to come back wow its crazy things to do everywhere!  Chocobos I think you have to get through mission 12 and 13 or something around those numbers, it'll unlock them during a certain mission.

Heh I leveled up with those robots myself very fast and easy CP there.  Did you defeat the tougher dreadnought yet Bram?  I am learning so much through this chapter and wow there's a great deal of improvement our characters go through here.  I cant wait to see what the next jump is but ach I hate all this CP we need.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2010, 12:51:29 PM »
hehe yea you have to do mission 12 to unlock the chocobo's and mission 14 to be able to ride them ;)

Also the game follows a linear path, but when you reach the grand pulse in chapter 11 you suddenly get a whole lot of freedom. Just think of it as the calm lands in FFX though then a 100 times bigger.

Right now I've almost completed the second board for each character. And Andrew I haven't defeated that dreadnought yet, I first run into it when I only had about 1 half board for each character. One hit did about 60 to 70% damage to my characters. Gonna try him again once I've finished all the missions, currently did mission 1 till 17, don't think there are much more active missions in the area though.

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2010, 02:21:54 PM »
Heh yeah it was a long time before I was able to fight him and even then it wasn't pretty.  Got like a yucky 2 star rating.

Good job getting that far with CP :)  I tried doing the other boards for the characters, the CP amount is atrocious for so little stats so im skipping that and moving on today :)

Ya I finished up with 17 and I don't see anything new, so finally free to move on, everyones got their summons I cant imagine what bosses await wee itll be fun as always in this game :)  Ill be streaming today since well its my 1 day a week thing now so itll be ff13 :)

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2010, 12:56:23 PM »
hehe good luck then as there are more of those dreadnoughts after you've got Hecatonchires. Still haven't beaten him though, got like pretty far when he blasted a rocked on my party leader (can only survive that attack with either a defender or a fully healed unit).

BTW mission 18 is in the mine, if you look around you can't miss it ;)

Finally finished Chapter 11 today. Darn that Chapter takes long if your also set on doing the missions. I had to skip mission 27 though. I found the activation panel, but I couldn't figure out where the monster that I needed to defeated was. Will go back later to do that one again. Probably will do most missions again anyway (figured out on of the trophy's is "finish all missions with a 5 star") :-\

Anyway the boss at the tower wasn't really hard. Already found a nice strategy during the first try, but he caught me off guard near the end. Didn't let that happen a second time of course :P Then after a short walk through the village Oerba it was next to the old pope again. Got him down in the first try as well. Definitely turned out in a nice fight though.

Well after that it was over with Chapter 11 and time to head towards the final stages of the game. I must say the opening of Chapter 12 is worth watching ;)

ASephiroth

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 08:42:06 PM »
I just finished ch11 myself this morning, wow that took a while to get through!  Yeah the boss was pretty easy on the top I agree with you.  Heh then yeah it wa time for the fight with Galenth heh that was fun, not as painful as the first one eh?

I loved the beginnign to CH12 so fun :)  It is near the end of the game isnt it? brr so scary!  The journey through is the best part ;)