Author Topic: Square Enix confirms Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD for 2013  (Read 1515 times)

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
Square Enix confirms Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD for 2013
« on: March 22, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »

After about a year and a half since its announcement at the Tokyo Game Show 2011, Square Enix has finally decided to come clean with a new batch of Final Fantasy X HD information. For those who aren't already aware, the HD remastering of the 2001 PS2 JRPG will come bundled with its sequel, Final Fantasy X-2, on the PlayStation 3.

PlayStation Vita owners will need to buy both games separately. Specific retail price points have yet to be specified. Both games will come with their own separate trophy sets for eager fans to platinum.

Square Enix has announced in a press release that they are aiming for a worldwide release date sometime this year. With Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX releasing here in the Fall, it doesn't sound far fetched that we will be seeing Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD sometime after it.

“These games are classic fan-favorites, and we hope that new and old Final Fantasy fans can experience the world of Spira and the story of Tidus and Yuna in a brand-new light with these remastered editions,” said Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2.

While we won't have to wait long to see the HD remaster in motion, as Square Enix has announced that a trailer will be coming on Monday, here are a fresh batch of screenshots to keep you occupied until then:

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
Re: Square Enix confirms Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD for 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 12:59:18 AM »
kind of a shame in terms of time, since PS4 is supposed to come out, not play PS3 discs, and probably could have used a good Final Fantasy launch title. :P

I'm not going to really complain much though, since the Wii U is going to be the only console of the coming generation I'll get.

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 04:21:42 AM »
They are the International versions, too. Its a little extra incentive for us to buy it since we never got to experience the new content unless you imported it, especially us in NA when it comes to all the new FFX goodies.

If we get Final Fantasy XII IZJS HD sometime in the future, it would be all I need.

NikolasvanitasX

• Moppet
  • Just a Kingdom Hearts-Final Fantasy fan
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 01:01:58 PM »
They are the International versions, too. Its a little extra incentive for us to buy it since we never got to experience the new content unless you imported it, especially us in NA when it comes to all the new FFX goodies.

If we get Final Fantasy XII IZJS HD sometime in the future, it would be all I need.
me too ,i would buy the FF XII IZJS for the ps3 day one even though i already have the ps2 version
Also i am looking forward to ffx&x-2 HD,one of the best final fantasy ,bring the magic to ps3 ;)