Author Topic: Final Fantasy XV’s Release Date Will Be Announced In March 2016  (Read 7711 times)

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
At PAX Prime this weekend, Final Fantasy XV Director Hajime Tabata announced that Square Enix would be holding a major event in March 2016. At this event he said big announcements would be made, including the reveal of Final Fantasy XV’s much anticipated release date.

Additionally, Square Enix will release more details on the game’s development through other small events and live streams leading up to their major March 2016 announcement. Again, Hajime Tabata reconfirmed that the game will release sometime in 2016.

Source

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XV’s Release Date Will Be Announced In March 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 01:47:12 PM »
So at best we'll be seeing the game released late summer 2016 :-X

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 02:00:09 PM »
I predict Christmas 2016.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 06:18:36 PM »
I think it will be in summer

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 02:14:24 AM »
The event will be held on March 30th, but some information have possibly leaked:

Gematsu has received word that Square Enix plans to launch Final Fantasy XV worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on Friday, September 30. This information was corroborated by three independent sources who would have knowledge of the matter.

The release date will be officially announced during “Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV,” an event set to take place at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on March 30 that will also share a collection of other information about the game.

Our sources in this case are reliable. However, given the sensitivity of the matter, and that within a company setting anything can change before it is made public, we’re reporting this as a rumor until the release date is officially announced.

Final Fantasy XV was first announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII for PlayStation 3 at E3 2006. It was officially re-revealed as Final Fantasy XV at E3 2013.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2016/03/rumor-final-fantasy-xv-launches-september-30

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 08:23:29 AM »
It was already confirmed to be a global world wide release, so I was guessing it would be a Chrisma release.

But, I wouldn't be complaining about September 30 either. As long as I know when I need to take some free days from work I'll be good :P

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 09:28:11 AM »
Release date is indeed confirmed to be 30 September along with the following:

- A new demo has come out today (taking place in one of Noctis's dreams)
- A 5 part anime prequel which will be free to watch on Youtube
- An action packed CG motion film featuring Noctis's parent (made by the Advent Children team)
- An pinball mini game (also featured in the game) which will be release as standalone app for mobile phones and windows 10

The game will be release in 3 editions
- Normal edition (just the game)
- A delux edition (with some extra's)
- A limit edition (with many extra's only 30.000 units world wide)

I'm at work right now so I haven't seen the fine details yet.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 02:13:56 PM »
By Windows 10, they probably meant their OS for phones. I've just finished watching all the trailers, the first anime episode and the new demo. I can tell you, the hype is real. Can't wait to play the game. :D

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 06:18:45 PM »
By Windows 10, they probably meant their OS for phones. I've just finished watching all the trailers, the first anime episode and the new demo. I can tell you, the hype is real. Can't wait to play the game. :D
Hype enough. Will check out everything later tonight probably, spend most of my time trying to preorder that limited collectors edition. Took me a good hour before I finally managed my way through the store (mostly looking at a "500 service unavailable" message). But I've got a mail saying the game is preordered ;D

BTW people have mixed feelings about the demo, most say it doesn't really looks like it represents the core game that well. So I'm guessing its no where close to a demo like episode Duscae.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 07:19:44 PM »
It looks fun, but I would agree that it doesn't really represent the game well. Can't really say it's a prequel, either, since there's no story. The Iron Giant battle looks amazing, though.

Btw. did you notice the girl in Noctis's car in one of the trailers?

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 06:59:44 PM »
The demo is fine, its basically a huge tech demo showing of the physics and weather effects of the engine. Ending of with a single fight against the giant to show of the way battles work in FFXV.

Sure using Episode Duscae would have probably been more effective to show off everything FFXV has to offer, but they already promised that demo would be exclusive to the Collectors edition of Type-0.

BTW I never noticed a girl in a car in any of the trailers ???

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 06:41:16 PM »
Had not seen that trailer yet.

But I went to take a look and it seems she's apparently the personal attendant of Luna (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Gentiana) ;D

She does ruin the whole 4 guys 1 car meme though :P

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 06:54:42 PM »
I thought she kinda looked like FFVIII's Selphie.