Author Topic: I have finally beaten this!  (Read 864 times)

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
I have finally beaten this!
« on: February 01, 2016, 06:32:45 PM »
I have beaten the game last night and I'm not really sure what to make of it. The story seemed like a mess and I've literally know idea what happened in the end.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That final dungeon also seemed a bit out of place. A bit like FFIX's Necron except it's a whole dungeon and not just a single boss.

The gameplay was fine for the most part. I found the side-missions pretty boring and I also dislike being time-restricted. The soundtrack is amazing (listening to it as I write this). Some of the cutscenes were also amazing. Everything taken into account, it's a fine game, but you don't really miss out if you don't play it.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: I have finally beaten this!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 08:27:31 PM »
There are some additional cutscenes hidden somewhere in the crystarium that you can access from the homepage. Those contain a bit more inside on the game. It also contains a huge amount of lore (as text) which also points some inside on stuff.
Also its really really worth it to play the game a second time (New Game+ mode) as most of the main story missions have a alternative mission which is only accessible during the second+ time you play it.

Really huge spoilers below

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 12:16:26 AM »
Thanks for the explanation. That answers some of my questions. They really should have put that lore into the cutscenes (or at the very least the written dialogue) instead of hiding it in the Crystarium. I can rarely be bothered to read such stuff. Reading about all the lore available in the Crystarium would probably take as much time as I needed to beat the game.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 08:20:07 AM »
Not all of that is is written text though. Just as the extra ending movie there are a few additional cutscenes hidden in the Crystarium, though these aren't really that massively important.
The extra ending one I posted above is probably the most important one and that is the one I particularly would have loved to be part of the normal ending. On your second play through you also get a bit more inside on the game as you get some different alternative missions that gives some additional inside.

But for the deep lore itself you would definitely have to reed the big book called the Crystarium. I love the lore of this game, so I've already gone through a lot of it :P

BTW there is also an alternative ending hidden in the Crystarium somewhere. Its an alternative version of Orience in which class Zero never existed, I believe its the setting they used for the Japanese only game Agito+.