Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age  (Read 1709 times)

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2017, 06:35:42 PM »
Congrats! ^_^

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Ashe

• Hedge Knight
  • Ashe
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2017, 10:46:52 PM »
Congrats! ^_^

Thanks!  :) This game really means allot to me. <3

PSN: Honored_Knight
PSN: AsheBnargin

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2017, 09:53:25 AM »
*Looks at post history*

Well, to say its been a while would be a massive understatement. Long time no see, all! Just dropping in to say that I've picked up the game, been playing it and the sudden rush of nostalgia has made me want to revisit the site I spent a lot of time on like the good old days. Hoping more people come back to share their experiences with the re-release.

I must say, it feels nice to finally play the International version even if its a little different from IZJS. The small quality of life changes are very noticeable and have made the experience feel... different, compared to playing it on PS2 so long ago. (I only had the chance to play vanilla FF12.)

Ah, as far as job setup goes, its as follows:

Vaan - Shikari/Foebreaker
Balthier - Uhlan/Time Battlemage
Fran - Black Mage/Red Battlemage
Basch - Bushi/Monk
Ashe - Knight/Bushi
Penelo - White Mage/Machinist

To be honest, I did not prep ahead of time because its been years since I last played FF12 (Pretty sure I haven't used my PS2 since 2009...) and since my memory of the game isn't as great as it used to be, I wanted to go in as blind as possible. But I've been having a good time with this setup. Although I've heard there are no bad combinations, just less optimal ones, so that's a relief.

Well, that's all from me for now. I'll try to stop in, give updates and chat over the game like we all used to; but between work, school, my Eorzean life (lol), and other responsibilities... its hard for me to find the time to be as active as I used to be on a forum. But trust me, I will find time as I do miss you all and its been so long. :)

Before I forget, if any of you want, you can add me over PSN. I'll put it down in my signature. (Don't laugh at it! I made it almost 10 years ago. ;_;) I'm usually more active on PS4 compared to my PC as far as gaming goes these days, but it'll be a great way to keep in touch.

Until next time!

FF12Grandmaster

• Moppet
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2017, 03:40:06 PM »
Ah, it's soooooooo nice to have the old monica back. At least people will know who's posting now   :P

Got 100% and Platinum trophy this morning!  ;D

Gratz! Now do it again under a different username on your PS4 and get those trophies once more  :D

Btw, Ashe, I'm not streaming at the minute because I'm doing a ... er ...."project" for now but I should be back sometime this weekend.

Ashe

• Hedge Knight
  • Ashe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2017, 01:27:09 AM »
Ah, it's soooooooo nice to have the old monica back. At least people will know who's posting now   :P

Gratz! Now do it again under a different username on your PS4 and get those trophies once more  :D

Btw, Ashe, I'm not streaming at the minute because I'm doing a ... er ...."project" for now but I should be back sometime this weekend.

I'll check in periodically.  ;)

It really is good to be reunited with old friends. Zodiac Age is a blessing and the feels are real. :)

FF12Grandmaster

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2017, 09:32:14 PM »
Oh guys....are you in for a surprise REAL soon.  :o

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2017, 10:00:45 AM »
The wait is over, for any of you guys wanting to farm the many treasures of the Cerobi Steppe don't wait any longer and follow the instructions from the guide below.

Cerobi Steppe Chest RNG Manipulation Guide

Our good friend FF12Grandmaster has been busy crunching all the numbers so we can not only get a 100% guaranteed drop from any chest, but also make the chest itself spawn with a 100% certainty.

FF12Grandmaster

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2017, 10:56:12 AM »
Guys, there is a serious error in the guide. I have corrected it and re-uploaded the guide so wait until Bram says he's done it. Either that or don't do the North Liavell Hills area yet because that is where the error is. Well you can, just enter from The Terraced Bank, NOT from the South Liavell Hills area.

Ashe

• Hedge Knight
  • Ashe

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2017, 07:51:33 PM »
I must have checked your twitch at least 50 times over the last few days. Offline.

Trying to decide on if I want to make any challenge videos again. Since all my other videos got deleted it would be nice to have something for reference other than memories. Then again I ask myself what's the point? I'm torn.

FF12Grandmaster

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2017, 08:26:09 PM »
I must have checked your twitch at least 50 times over the last few days. Offline.

Trying to decide on if I want to make any challenge videos again. Since all my other videos got deleted it would be nice to have something for reference other than memories. Then again I ask myself what's the point? I'm torn.

I'll be on twitch within the next 15 minutes

twitch.tv/johnno456

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2017, 11:34:14 PM »
It is so great to see people coming back and updating their guides. It was hella work back then eight years ago, and as much or more work to do so again. Grats to Tirpitz, FF12GM and Chaos, others I may not know of for putting out updated content. Wish I could help, but I don't own a PS 4.

FF12Grandmaster

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2017, 07:15:10 PM »
It is so great to see people coming back and updating their guides. It was hella work back then eight years ago, and as much or more work to do so again. Grats to Tirpitz, FF12GM and Chaos, others I may not know of for putting out updated content. Wish I could help, but I don't own a PS 4.

Get "The Boy" to buy one; tell him it's doctor's requirements for both him and you  :D

Ashe

• Hedge Knight
  • Ashe

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2017, 09:39:23 PM »
I would like pprincess to get a PS4 as well. :)

I'm in a bit of a frenzy at the moment. I don't know if I'm just rusty or what but Barheim Passage was downright terrifying in NLBLLG. :o I'm not talking about New Game- (Weak Mode) but a real playthrough like on original PS2 version. No, Water, Holy or Hastega Motes. :'( I was scared to death Vaan was going to level up. Gone are the days of picture perfect, flawless Firemane and Mimic Queen battles for me. Made it out, but it was rather messy and ugly. Perhaps I'm just not the player I used to be. Lol! :D 

FF12Grandmaster

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2017, 12:46:46 AM »
I would like pprincess to get a PS4 as well. :)

I'm in a bit of a frenzy at the moment. I don't know if I'm just rusty or what but Barheim Passage was downright terrifying in NLBLLG. :o I'm not talking about New Game- (Weak Mode) but a real playthrough like on original PS2 version. No, Water, Holy or Hastega Motes. :'( I was scared to death Vaan was going to level up. Gone are the days of picture perfect, flawless Firemane and Mimic Queen battles for me. Made it out, but it was rather messy and ugly. Perhaps I'm just not the player I used to be. Lol! :D

I was like that at first and what made it worse was I was streaming live too. Everyone could see how rusty I was and how much was hidden away inside my head. But that's all it is....it's hidden, not forgotten. It won't take long before it all comes flooding back and very soon your game will start flowing like it used to.  :)

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2017, 12:57:28 PM »
Great work on Cerobi Streppe Rob, it's helped me out so much.

How's everyone finding the game so far? I just cleared the upper levels of the great crystal for the loot there, ultima and opening the way for omega. Now I'm going after Zodiark before proceeding with Pharos. Having a blast so far, I remember why I love this game so much.