Author Topic: SO 4 for PS 3  (Read 13470 times)

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
Re: SO 4 for PS 3
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 06:45:05 PM »
Debut trailer came out during Tokyo Game Show '09, although I can't see much difference other then the obvious addition of "International" to the title, can you guys notice much difference?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHp66ELpY5U&feature=player_embedded
Yeah, it doesn't look like it changed much. But that's just the trailer itself, which only gives about 30 seconds of gameplay.  :P However, the graphics look simply beautiful, and for some reason, I feel as though it's different from the 360 version. I don't know, maybe it's because the trailer was in Japanese where the battle faces look completely different?

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 06:55:43 PM »
The graphics have definitely been upscaled to 1080p resolution, whereas the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia didn't show any graphic upscaling (stuck at 720p).

Also, North American/European versions WILL get the anime character portraits, but I hope I can change some of them, because some of them don't look as good as the CG character portraits in battle (Bacchus and Arumat for me), other than that the anime ones look pretty awesome (especially Lymle and Faize, she's so cute and Faize's appearance is so fierce)

SO4 Int will probably get another bonus dungeon, but I don't know the other additions to it.

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 10:33:10 PM »
I hope not to say the very least. Well, if they were to create a new dunegon, I hope it's not anything like the Wandering Dunegon. 5 hours to complete which completely overheated my 360.

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 07:29:55 PM »
So far, here are all the things that will be included in SO4 International: (from Wikipedia)

- Dual voices (Japanese and English)

- Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German and Italian subtitles, and multiple soundtracks are included.

- Also included is the option to change between CG and Anime character portraits which previously could not be switched.

- There will be at least one new major character in the game as the official site shows 13 character slots an increase by one from the previous 12. It is unknown though if the number of playable characters might increase to more than one.

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 07:58:12 PM »
I'm a big fan of Bethesda, Bioware and Square Enix RPGs. How do you reckon I would like this?

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 04:05:11 AM »
Well, if you've never played a Star Ocean game, IMHO, Star Ocean The Last Hope is a excellent way to start on the series. The battle system is the most fast-paced I've ever played so far in a RPG, although I didn't like the English voice acting, this shouldn't be a problem with the Dual Language Option.  ;)

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 08:26:19 PM »
Well, if you've never played a Star Ocean game, IMHO, Star Ocean The Last Hope is a excellent way to start on the series. The battle system is the most fast-paced I've ever played so far in a RPG, although I didn't like the English voice acting, this shouldn't be a problem with the Dual Language Option.  ;)

That's good enough for me. I'll keep up to date with it's progress/release.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 11:42:27 PM »
The International Site was updated, adding more character (Myuria, Bacchus, Meracle and Arumat) portraits to the Character section. Hopefully all spots will be filled by the end of this month or the middle of January. I really want to see who this new character could be.

The System section was also filled in, but nothing important. Just shows Private Actions, Roommates, and Emotions. Forgot to report this here.

Massive Update! - New News and Old News

First off, let me start by introducing you to an extract of a newsletter published by Square Enix Europe. Not exactly new, stating there will be an improved battle system, overhauled menus, additional characters and the option to listen to English or Japanese voices. Further fuels speculation of new playable characters, surely Square Enix wouldn't state 'new characters' if you can't play any of them, would they? Feb 2010 release edges closer as should concrete information on who these 'new characters' really are, and if they truly are playable.

http://staroceanuniverse.webs.com/Other/SEInt.jpg

Second, the box art. Features anime styled Reimi and Edge.

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee57/staroceanuniverse/Boxart/LTH/Int.jpg

Originally, This was supposed to be the boxart (however, I'm not too sure if this was scraped)

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 05:36:36 AM »
Looks like plenty of the features are revamped already. People also said that the graphics have improved... I want to see screenshots compared before I confirm this.

Anyway, hopefully this game will keep me busy til March. Now I'll have to find something to do for January ;P

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 11:24:05 PM »
Mega, look at these two portraits and you will see the graphics have been upgraded a notch. Almost by just looking at the anime portraits.

http://staroceanuniverse.webs.com/Screen/THL/INT2.jpg <- PS3 version
http://staroceanuniverse.webs.com/Screen/THL/9.jpg <- 360 version

Anyway, Square Enix has released another trailer:

Giotto and Eleyna has been introduced to the cast of characters. This could possibly mean one of them could be the 13th character, still anything goes with Square.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:33:28 PM by DragonSLAYER45 »

FameMonster

• Moppet
  • Call me Ed or Eddie.
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 11:16:13 AM »
I'm still debating whether to get this when It comes around...

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2009, 11:25:37 AM »
Mega, look at these two portraits and you will see the graphics have been upgraded a notch. Almost by just looking at the anime portraits.

http://staroceanuniverse.webs.com/Screen/THL/INT2.jpg <- PS3 version
http://staroceanuniverse.webs.com/Screen/THL/9.jpg <- 360 version

Well the difference isn't that striking but I can see that the PS3 graphics are sharper. You're right, I could tell just by looking at the portraits. :P

I'm looking forward to this XD.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2009, 06:06:01 PM »
Giotto and Eleyna were characters before. If Giotto is playable that would be a reason to pick this up again. So far, I've seen no other compelling reason to do so.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 12:49:49 AM »
i have a question, did they say specifically what day in Feb 2010 or not? sorry im a bit behind in SO 4 news

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2009, 07:52:01 AM »
JP February 4, 2010
NA February 9, 2010
EU February 12, 2010

New Trailer for SO4: International. However, there is nothing new. During the trailer it points out a few of the PS3 exclusive features, such as:

• Japanese & English Audio
  • Classic (2D anime) & Modern menu style (3D renders)
  • Six selectable text languages

They have apparently renamed Eleyna Farrence to Irene Farrence. Whether this is a typo on the official site or it's a renaming remains unknown. However, alongside Eleyna; spots with Sarah Jerand, Crowe and Welch have been filled.

This means the thirteenth spot will have to go to either Giotto or Stephen D. Kenny. Seeing as Giotto was introduced in the trailer from my last post, I'm betting the spot will go to him. Still, the thirteenth character has not been revealed yet, nor has it been claimed that this character is completely original to this version or a character from the 360 versions. I have not seen any screenshots of Eleyna, Giotto or even Kenny in battle.

Here is a screenshot of the updated Character slots

If it's not to much trouble, and I hate to be saying this; can someone please post? All this editing is getting really tedious.