Author Topic: SO 4 for PS 3  (Read 13474 times)

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
Re: SO 4 for PS 3
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2009, 08:33:41 AM »
Well, Eleyna's romaji is ????, which is Irene.

Hmm, who filled the spots in the North American version? Isn't Eleyna the newcomer in that spot?

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 10:53:31 PM »
Only all 8 party members filled the character spots on the NA official site, not sure if that is what you meant. New Dengeki Magazine from RPGLand

This time, it's dedicated to Welch, Eleyna, Crowe and Stephen. This is getting anti-climatic.... This better not mean Stephen D. Kenny is the 13th character and they are all NPCs, it just wouldn't make sense. Reason? Here. If you look in the Top Right Corner, you will see 8 slots for roommates. This is the regular amount for the entire 360 party though.

Although, in Star Ocean games: The game gives you the option of choosing your characters (Final Party). I don't think it would be a surprise if Star Ocean 4 became the same way. However, I am still skeptical.

The main site was updated yesterday... possibly maybe near it's final update.

I introduce to everyone the final character of the Character Section: Giotto. It is still unknown if he is whether or not he will be playable though. As it lists no weapon in his character profile. Of course, other sections of the site have been updated as well.

•Battle Section: Edge Movie & Meracle Movie. (featuring them in battle)
•System Section: Item Creation, Quest & Skill details.
•Special Section: Jump Festa 2010 Movie.

The North American site has been launched. Nothing on the site though besides the trailer.

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 12:56:00 AM »
nice, unfortunetly i won't be getting this game till like summer or something

BTW how many Battle trophies are there this time? i remember in SO 3 there were tons :o

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 01:08:09 AM »
You can read my SO4 Battle Trophies Guide for that. There are specific battle trophies for each character, collecting these unlocks rewards. There is a total of 100 battle trophies for each character, for a total of 9 characters; there is 900 battle trophies to collect in total. Which definitely outclasses SO3's Battle Trophy amount.

I'm not sure if they have added any for the International Release of the game, haven't heard anything about it. I doubt it... but if they did, I'll have to update it. One thing I am positive about, is that the Achievements from the 360 version; will most likely be trophies for the International release.

Won't be getting this game on the first day though, probably towards the end of my SATs along with FFXIII. I have enough money to buy both.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 01:13:25 AM by DragonSLAYER45 »

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2010, 03:43:59 AM »
I think I'll have enough money to buy both SO4 and FF13 when they are released... I can't get it on the release day, but I'll get it on the following weekend since it probably takes time to reach Singapore too.

izhars

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 03:44:47 PM »
I have this game pre-ordered plus 45 euros is fairly cheap here... I have seen quite some hate towards this game, but so far none of them have affected my thoughts of purchasing this. As long as I'll enjoy it. :)

Phoenix

• Hedge Knight
  • The Dark Messenger
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 05:14:07 AM »
I personally think as long as they fixed the Disk freezing issue (this may have just been my 360 though) and the non-existing option to not change battle targets from the Xbox version, it doesn't matter if they added a couple of areas/characters or not. I would still buy it overall.

The game came out in Japan today, didn't it?

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 02:59:52 PM »
Well, timezone-wise it came out around 36 hours before you made that post. XD

If it's already in the stores over here by tomorrow I'll grab a copy.

ASephiroth

• Moppet
  • Mood: Cold Cold

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 08:59:55 PM »
I got the game yesterday, wasnt easy to find, big chains don't have it i had to go to a small store heh.  Never played 4 before so its all new to me.  Yeah so far 100 BT's per character.  But I just got my 3rd character so there ya go.

Im glad you to see me I garontee! Fry baby, fry!

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2010, 10:31:32 PM »
Finishing up the Alanaire Citadel; Edge, Reimi and Faize are Level 9 while Lymle is Level 7. I am preferring the Japanese dialog over the English dialog so far, and plan to keep it that way.  :P

The game comes out tomorrow (even though I think it's already out) in Europe, yay for more people being able to play Star Ocean 4. ;D

« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 10:33:32 PM by DragonSLAYER45 »

izhars

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2010, 07:06:01 AM »
I got the game yesterday (living in Europe). Just landed on second planet and I am enjoying it so far. Gameplay is fun.

ASephiroth

• Moppet
  • Mood: Cold Cold

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 09:44:35 PM »
geez heh i seem over leveled, but i just got to the boss of the spaceship after the citadel.  Im kinda doing the opposite than you, I am keeping English voices, but utilizing different text languages, its fun :)  My next vid is all in Spanish :D

Im glad you to see me I garontee! Fry baby, fry!

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2010, 09:00:08 AM »
Well, Eleyna's romaji is ????, which is Irene.

Hmm, who filled the spots in the North American version? Isn't Eleyna the newcomer in that spot?

I just saw a cutscene
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and it appears that Eleyna's name has not been changed. It's probably just her kana, which says 'Irene'.

Besides, English names are usually written in kana based on how they are pronounced. Eleyna is pronounced i-ley-nah so I guess that sounds pretty close to 'Irene' (which would be pronounced the way it is; if the English 'Irene' is written in kana, the kana would most likely be 'Airin' because that's how it's pronounced).

izhars

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2010, 09:51:52 PM »
Does anyone know if Collection-data carries over to new playthroughs with higher difficulties? Such as spaceship/weapon data, battle trophies et cetera.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2010, 10:23:45 PM »
yes, it does.