Author Topic: Daily Update: What did you do in your Star Ocean games today? [SPOILERS]  (Read 12786 times)

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
Defeated Kokabiel with Faize alone. Reaping Spark really wrecked her.

Opened up my Universe File on Star Ocean: Second Evolution... before Krosse

Trying to get Sword of Marvels + another worthy weapon at once, which is proving to be difficult (I've been getting other great combinations but no Sword of Marvels :-\)

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
okay this was tecnicly yesterday, but i forgot to post it

got my ass handed to my OVER and OVER and OVER! by the final boss of SO3 in 4-D mode >:(

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Meh, my PS3 Slim decided to freeze Star Ocean 4, making me lose a lot of Ornithology drops for Meracle.

New update: Well, I'm playing Star Ocean 4 again, taking a break from Faize- ahem... Fai Ze- ahem... Bai Ze grinding in The Last Remnant. I'm going to farm the rest of Meracle's drops and get her 100% in Battle Trophies before I head to China.

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Now that I'm about done with everything in Final Fantasy XIII, I decided to play the International version of SO4 again. I stopped playing after beating the final boss so right now, I'm taking on the Undying Dragon to get the Darkness Ring for the Cave of the Seven Stars. Reimi, Sarah, Bacchus and Meracle are all Level 75, and everyone else is Level 70. (I just love grinding on the Forsaken Beasts) I have about 30% of the battle trophies for each character.

I have a save file before the Phantom fight. With the Clear Data, I took Faize along for the rest of the game. I don't feel like starting the game over again just to get him, nor do I have the time.

I really need to start playing this more again. I'm starting to get really rusty with the controls.

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Well, I should at least have posted my Star Ocean 3 progress.

I've gotten to the point where Roger is first met, oh my god he annoys the hell out of me >:(

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
I just realized how quick those Lizard enemies on Lemuris can kill Lymle very quickly at her low starting level on high difficulties. I had to control her but she ended up dying anyway when she was casting a spell, which broke my Bonus Battle Board, which made me mad.

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Beat Gabriel Celeste 6-Wings and rose to the top of the Colosseum Team Battle matches. Also gained the Ship Savant trophy for collecting all spaceship data. Going for the Wandering Dungeon now, just need to find a clear schedule to do it! All characters are also Level 200 until I reach 50% of battle trophies (I love you Metal Scumbags  :P)

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
My current signature pretty much labels my current status in Star Ocean 4. OMG, the monsters on Nox Obscurus are a handful. I shall begin my rant on a few things...

I nearly died in a battle against those Phantom Soldiers (Can't remember their real name. They are the same as the Phantom Soldiers though). I escaped because I ended up using all 5 of my Resurrection Units and I had to run back to the Calnus to make more....

The Cardianon monsters aren't too pretty either. I just hate how I got ambushed by them and only got through with two characters still alive.  Who invented Myuria's AI? They need to be fired. How many times do I have to tell her that attacking with her staff is a no-no!? Myuria, you aren't built for the front lines. Stay back next to Lymle and stay casting spells with her before I jump into the game and exchange you for Arumat.

Well... I wouldn't actually. You are the only character besides Sarah who has a resurrection spell. >_>  /rant

Nevfx

• Moppet
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
My current signature pretty much labels my current status in Star Ocean 4. OMG, the monsters on Nox Obscurus are a handful. I shall begin my rant on a few things...

I nearly died in a battle against those Phantom Soldiers (Can't remember their real name. They are the same as the Phantom Soldiers though). I escaped because I ended up using all 5 of my Resurrection Units and I had to run back to the Calnus to make more....

The Cardianon monsters aren't too pretty either. I just hate how I got ambushed by them and only got through with two characters still alive.  Who invented Myuria's AI? They need to be fired. How many times do I have to tell her that attacking with her staff is a no-no!? Myuria, you aren't built for the front lines. Stay back next to Lymle and stay casting spells with her before I jump into the game and exchange you for Arumat.

Well... I wouldn't actually. You are the only character besides Sarah who has a resurrection spell. >_>  /rant

OMG I agree with you 100%!!

Im shouting at the screen "WHAT?! Why are you there? Get back and dish out some spells you stupid girl!"

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
Hmm... I did not know that you could fight the Undying Dragon before the final boss. I guess all the game needs is to detect a clear save file on the PS3. So I just went straight for the Cave of the Seven Stars... even though I could have fought the final boss for the Universal Victor trophy... eh.

Nevfx

• Moppet
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
Can you really?!

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Yeah, I think it's an International balancing fix they did there, Ally.

Wow, I got over 100+ Zoology drops with Sarah today.

I will try to finish hers off on Sunday, since I'm busy tomorrow.

I only need her 255 Zoology drops and her Satanail trophies.

Well, had time today, some plans rescheduled. Got all of Sarah's trophies, so she's at 100% BTs :3

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Went through Aires Hills, restarting my playthrough.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 06:11:14 AM by Someddrnoob »

Hikagesan

• Moppet
  • Mood: Content Content

• View Profile
Re: Daily Update: What did you do in your Star Ocean games today? [SPOILERS]
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2011, 09:06:25 PM »
SO3: defeating the 'Reigning Champions' at the Gemity battle arena prior to going after Luther in the Spiral Tower. my battle party of Fayt, Cliff, & Maria are at level 110.

Natural82

• Moppet
  • How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't

• View Profile
SO4: I beat the grigori on the cardianon ship 4 times for 100% data. got 8 battle trophies for Edge.  I have 100% monster data on every monster up until this point.  I'm on track to get the quest, and spaceship trophies.  man going for platinum is a long hard grind. 

Getting married and having a kid doesn't change the fact that you still game.  You just may have to trade in Kratos for Mario. :)

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
I've got the Platinum on Star Ocean 4, if you need anything, you can PM me.

mIRC is easier, I'm usually on there, on ASephiroth or rinimt's channels on UStream.

One thing people underestimate is BEAT: S. So useful.