Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep  (Read 16602 times)

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
« on: August 17, 2009, 08:16:03 PM »
So, we have a 358/2 Days topic, why not have a Birth by Sleep topic? Well, I'm very excited for this game, it's so far been rumored to come out Dec. 2009 in Japan, so that means the Western and UK version should arrive in 2010, along before or after when Final Fantasy 13 comes out. IF this is true...

Here's what you need to know: For those who don't know what Birth By Sleep is, watch the videos at the bottom, those 3 knights. Their names are Terra (<3 Yes I'm starting to love this Zack Fair like character, get used to it  :P), Aqua and Ventus. The battle system resembles Re: Chain of Memories and Crisis Core but every Kingdom Hearts as well. It is rumored to have the deck system that was in Crisis Core, but I'm not to completely sure. I don't trust Wikipedia these days (it's me against the world).

Kingdom Hearts II Secret Ending:

Final Mix Birth By Sleep Trailer:

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 09:58:27 PM by Ally »

Storm Rider

• Moppet
  • The Keyblade's Chosen One
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
Re: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 11:09:56 PM »
There are many theories involving Birth By Sleep, and many of those were revealed in Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+.

Also, the speculation that Terra = Earth which means he has relations to Riku since he's land, which would lead up to Sora = Ventus and Kairi = Aqua. Which could be possible, since Ventus does have a passing look of Roxas. Of course this is all speculation until the real game comes out.

"Fight the darkness, or become the darkness..."

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 11:29:56 PM »
I'll forever hate SE for not releasing this on PS2 / PC.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 11:51:47 PM »
wow chaos i don't hate on much other then the ps3 being $300- 500 U.S. and the fact that the last two ffcc game totally sucked but anyway i'm looking forward to this game
i originally was never gonna buy a psp but when i heard about this, dissidia, and prinny:can i really be the hero? i couldn't not buy one

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 12:54:26 PM »
I don't have enough money for a new console :(

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 12:58:51 PM »
me too
i need to get a job soon

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
[ Birth By Sleep ] Interview with Tetsuya Nomura and Famitsu
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 10:24:04 PM »
http://finalfantasy.cc/news/1-latest-news/432-birth-by-sleep--interview-of-tetsuya-nomura <- Source.

Those to lazy to read the links, I will post it here...

Three characters can be controlled in Birth by Sleep. How will it be?
Tetsuya Nomura: At the beginning of the adventure, you choose which character you want to control until the end. Each scenario reveals soe aspects of his own adventure: the worlds are differents depending on the characters, and so their bosses are. It is almost as if there were three games in one. If you play along with a friend, be careful to don't say too much.

What is the lifespan of each scenario?
Tetsuya Nomura: We estimate approximately 15 hours. But you customize your deck will take time, so if you do all three scenarios, the lifetime of the game could well exceed 50 hours.

The three characters evolve separately?
Tetsuya Nomura: Generally, yes. In some places, two of them will be together, and to others, they will be all three together. For example, we have Ven, seeking clues and pursue Master Xehanort, while Aqua is trying to cover his rear, while caring for their third partner, Terra.

A few details have emerged about Aqua. What kind of person is she?
Tetsuya Nomura: She is incredibly serious. She is a student devoted to her task that has a very strong sense of honor. She pretends to be cold, but she appreciates her friends. She is the most reasonable of the three.

The fans of the series are asking questions about the true nature of Ven, which is very similar to Roxas, and the future of Terra ...
Tetsuya Nomura: We have given many clues about this, so I think some of them could guess the answers to these questions. As usual, there are many puzzles in this game, but all will be explained. Ven has similarities with Roxas, but with Sora too. His personality is one example, but it may be more serious than the other two. It could be half Roxas, Sora half. But his fighting style is very different.

What can you tell us about the new enemies?
Tetsuya Nomura: In English, their name will be the "Unversed. They are those who do not appreciate life, and feed on negative feelings. You will understand when you play.

Two new worlds have been introduced.
Tetsuya Nomura: This time, the story is more complicated. But not only from the title, "Birth By Sleep": the connections with Disney's worlds will be more profound.

In the world of Cinderella you've used the scene of the glass slipper.
Tetsuya Nomura: It is a scene that we particularly wanted to use. When you say "Cinderella", you think the glass slipper, is not it? (Laughs) But history will not be limited to this, the secondary characters will have a role to play.

You must also be satisfied with the world of Lilo & Stitch.
Tetsuya Nomura: Actually, it takes place before 626 is called Stitch, which is why it is in space, not Hawaiian. He's very popular, so it should be interesting.

Do we know more about the seven princesses of heart?
Tetsuya Nomura: There are links with the idea of "heart of light". But this is not about birth, it is about "something" that appears in people with a heart as this one. It is a condition in which the three protagonists are leading the investigation.

What about the combat system?
Tetsuya Nomura: Birth by Sleep is a real change, much more than it was 358 / 2 Days and coded. Each side has its own techniques and their styles are very different from that of Sora. This could be the best battle system of the series. Deck systems and "Shoot Lock" also contribute a lot.

What are the major features?
Tetsuya Nomura: Instead of thinking while fighting, you will instead rely on your reflexes. I think you will naturally feel which button to press and when.

It may therefore be self-Deck own command?
Tetsuya Nomura: That's right. You do not take this into account when fighting. You customize them before, like in Chain of Memories. During the clashes, then you use your commands one after another. They do not run out like cards, but you will need to reload. With the advent of Decks, the learning system has evolved. This may be a mini-game ... It's very different.

It's something we have never seen in the series.
Tetsuya Nomura: I wonder if we have not gone too far. (Laughter) It is a system that we prepare for a long time now, and we will disseminate information regularly on this subject.

Can we develop combat styles specific to these commands?
Tetsuya Nomura: It must meet certain conditions. But once you get this system under control, you can define your own style. However, we have ensured that the player does not need too much thinking.

So there will be tutorials?
Tetsuya Nomura: Of course, there will be tutorials which will explain by example how to do more damage or what types of enemies are vulnerable to fire. But it is also fun to try different styles of fighting and attacks.

Finishing Orders can also evolve, and bring even more variety to the fighting.
Tetsuya Nomura: There is really all sorts of conditions that affect the commands, and you can link to a system called D-Link, we have not yet revealed. The Kingdom Hearts series is not really based on the pervasive problem, many people are just constantly pressing the same button. In Birth by Sleep, you will not get bored even if you just do this: it is a system that has evolved so that the title is fun. Even if you play very simply, it is an action game that offers plenty of variety. The only drawback so far is that the characters have become too strong, and defeat the boss does not really require subtlety. We will balance this.

The Tokyo Game Show will take place very soon. Will there be any demos?
Tetsuya Nomura: For now, we give priority to development to meet deadlines, then there is nothing really special, except a small space for demos. We can not show videos in the Closed Mega Theater each year. For those who play the demos of Birth by Sleep, Final Fantasy XIII and Dissidia Universal Tuning, we will install a small screen that will broadcast special trailers of these three tracks. That's what Square Enix plans yet and we probably did not prepare new videos of Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Agito XIII and The 3rd Birthday.

Do you have a release date for Birth By Sleep?
Tetsuya Nomura: We try to adjust compared to that of Final Fantasy XIII. The development of this last is more advanced than Birth by Sleep, then it may be released first. But I think that we will not make you wait too long.

Do you think players will want to replay the first Kingdom Hearts after this one?
Tetsuya Nomura: I think there are many puzzling features, then they may want to play the next title ... and there will be an secret end secret, too.

The next game? You mean Kingdom Hearts III?!
Tetsuya Nomura: The next game will be the next game (laughs)

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
Re: [ Birth By Sleep ] Interview with Tetsuya Nomura and Famitsu
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 10:32:35 PM »
Ohhh yay ;D makes me exited.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

ChaosWOTW

• Moppet
  • Bringing this fantasy to it's conclusion
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 10:49:02 PM »
The gameplay sounds amazing! The fact that it's so customisable sounds great and it won't be just button mashing. Even the story sounds great, I'm gonna enjoy those 50+ hours. The only thing wrong is that there's going to be no Versus or Agito at TGS 2009. :(

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:51:35 PM by ChaosWOTW »
"Gone talking to a wall... -Squall, victory quote in Dissidia

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 12:26:25 AM »
this is gonna be awesome!

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 01:25:41 AM »
Cannot, cannot, cannot wait until this comes out! ;D

FFZell

• Brave Companion
  • Vos plus mihi par fatum
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 01:31:40 AM »
wow! and a new KH game coming out at a later date!  I can't wait!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Nostrum verus vita est ut nos es in nostrum somnium suscitatio - Henry David Thoreau

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 07:59:44 PM »
i probably won't get this game as soon as it comes out maybe months after
ill be too busy playing FF XIII ;D

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 02:44:45 PM »
Heehee, who knows, FFXIII may come out after. This game has been announced to be released this winter like FFXIII in Japan, but who knows, no NA or EU release date hasn't been set in stone for neither games yet.

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 10:03:11 PM »
Topics have been merged now ;)

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!