Author Topic: Forum Update  (Read 3667 times)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Forum Update
« on: February 27, 2011, 01:05:54 PM »
Well some probably already noticed, but as of this morning the forum has been upgraded. I believe we've been down for a small 40min during that time. Right now I'm done doing the final settings so everything should be working now.

I did encounter one minor thing which is that during the update the forum suddenly detected that the server is located in the Netherlands, so it changed the default time according to that knowledge. So you might need to change your local time offset, but apart from that everything went as it should be.

Well I hope you all like the new environment and should you find anything out of the ordinary don't hesitate reporting it. I've tessted all major functionality, but a small setting is easily overlooked :D

SwordStealer

• Knight of the Round
  • "I'm going to punch the donuts out of your hair."

• View Profile
Re: Forum Update
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 03:56:14 PM »
Looks nice Bram, Good Job ;D
*holds up a thumb*

wee187 is my twin from across the country!

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 04:30:53 PM »
There's one thing that went missing. Can you display your online time at the top of the page again? :P

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

SwordStealer

• Knight of the Round
  • "I'm going to punch the donuts out of your hair."

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 10:58:43 PM »
i just used the thing on my profile because i used the shiny blue theme before the update (i forget if bram explained to me why the time wasn't on that theme)

wee187 is my twin from across the country!

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 04:58:13 AM »
The only problem I got is it doesn't say on the top when you have a new message. It could just be me, and I wasn't paying attention, but I thought I didn't see it. :P Apart from that, it looks great!

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 12:13:16 PM »
Which theme where you using Jacob, as I don't remember the forum ever telling me how many new messages I've had (besides the popup feature which you can select in your profile settings).

There's one thing that went missing. Can you display your online time at the top of the page again? :P
I'll add it once I find where its located. They've changed the name of that variable and I can't seem to find the new one :-\

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 12:21:11 PM »
I just logged in and my theme was set to default. I don't know if it will happen again, but i thought to let you know.

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 01:28:15 PM »
Which theme where you using Jacob, as I don't remember the forum ever telling me how many new messages I've had (besides the popup feature which you can select in your profile settings).

A link would appear at the top of the page (between the online time and unread posts / replies to your posts) telling you that you've received a new personal message.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Sanji

• Hedge Knight
  • ''You change the future, you change the past''
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 01:53:42 PM »
I like it very much, good job :D

paup99

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 05:42:57 AM »
This is really awesome. :) Want to see more!!!

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Re: Forum Update -- [bug fix]
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
As some might have noticed a few bugs have been popping up after the forum update. This include the insert Quote button not working and the Japanese character set being messed up (you couldn't even post Japanese characters anymore).

Today I've upgraded the forum from 2.0 RC4 to 2.0 RC5 basically the later version is nothing more than a bug fix for the forum itself. One of the global fixes was an automatic fix to post Japanese characters again, and lucky for me after upgrading the insert Quote button started working again as well.

I did need to reinstall all modification to the forum so there might be something I forgot, but appart from that everything should still be the way it was only then better ;D

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
Re: Forum Update -- [bug fix]
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 12:40:02 PM »
As some might have noticed a few bugs have been popping up after the forum update. This include the insert Quote button not working and the Japanese character set being messed up (you couldn't even post Japanese characters anymore).

Today I've upgraded the forum from 2.0 RC4 to 2.0 RC5 basically the later version is nothing more than a bug fix for the forum itself. One of the global fixes was an automatic fix to post Japanese characters again, and lucky for me after upgrading the insert Quote button started working again as well.

I did need to reinstall all modification to the forum so there might be something I forgot, but appart from that everything should still be the way it was only then better ;D

Can't wait to try it out :D Great Job!

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »
great to see the Japanese characters again, thanks Da_Cloud!

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 12:03:53 AM »
one thing i've noticed, on the old version (at least i think) when you said a naughty word with something like "ing" it auto censored the bad part, now it doesn't recognise it as a bad word at all

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 09:32:05 AM »
For some words it does for some it doesn't. We got kinda sick of not being able to write Yoshitaka Amano without it becoming Yo*bleeb*aka Amano. You shouldn't use cursing words in the first place.