Author Topic: A new side to fft  (Read 4953 times)

angel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
A new side to fft
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:10:23 AM »
Hi  everyone ,

I have posted here so more members get to read this , so for those who don't know I am the mod in our off topic section.
 ;D

ff is now 5 years old , we have been going 3 years , so it goes without saying that we are all a little older and wiser now  ;)

we , the ff team , are considering updating our forum to have less restrictions, to be able to talk more freely about life in general and the more adult themed games that are on the market.

We would possibly  have a separate section where all of this can take place .

da boss , hasnt made any decisions yet , so at this stage we would just like your thoughts and your ideas.

this forum is yours , tell us what you want to see, what you would like to say and ideas on how we can achieve this.

thankyou

angel and the rest of the staff  ;D

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:14:03 AM by angel »
There is no such thing as a bad elf ...

YiazmatSlayer

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Re: A new side to fft
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:41:45 AM »
I do agree with this.

It would be great if, as a whole forum community, we could speak openly about problems/topics/activities we normally wouldn't be able to talk about, or felt comfortable enough to talk about.

And well, we are all indeed growing up now ;D
I myself was 18 when I joined this Forum, and now I'm nearly 21...and a LOT of stuff has happened in that time that wouldn't be deemed appropriate for online conversation.

I guess it's just a case of us all getting to know each other even better than we already do :)

Plus, as has been rightly said by others, certain games feature adult themes now, and it's happening to increasingly more and more games. Some topics on these games, again, wouldn't be deemed appropriate for younger members.
For example, Dragon Age's "Romances"

So yeah, I think this is a great idea :)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:43:42 AM by YiazmatSlayer »

There's a difference between playing a card, and using a card. - Zane Truesdale

Metal Chocobo

• Vanguard
  • Pushing buttons since 1991
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 01:38:40 PM »
Would this mean a new Sandsea allowing for the discussion of less child-friendly material? Would it be possible to exclude it from the "unread posts" link of anyone under 18? That way we could prevent them accidentally clicking into the adult section. Might be easier to exclude it from unread entirely and have it only appear in the new replies section, that way you would have to see a warning at least once.

Push the button. That's why it's there. If it wasn't meant to be pushed, it wouldn't be a button.

angel

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 01:46:03 PM »
I will let bram answer that one chocs , but rest assured it will be done in way that means its private and not so easy for anyone to just have access to.

I dont know if it will be in the sandsea ,but more than likely we are thinking of its own section with child boards in that section to cover different topics, like the gaming side of things and general life type threads.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 01:47:57 PM »
We're thinking about making a new board for it which becomes an request only board. In other words you'll have to request access to the board. This prevents people from accidentally clicking of seeing the discussions, whiles as the same time it makes it easier to moderate the boards.

KainCrow

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Kain the Crow of Crow Valley!
  • Mood: Embarrassed Embarrassed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 07:47:30 PM »
I think it is quite a good idea, considering how close many FFT members got.. And sometimes, some people do feel easier to talk dirty. It doesn't necessarily mean anything bad, but really, there are quite a lot of younger members as well, which makes it hard for such talks. Though, some people may object that it won't be easy to verify all age matters.. That will depend heavily on online honesty, I think. Some mature people can easily pass themselves a few years older with their mentality.. And some people degraded a decade or two.

Kain the Crow of the Crow Valley, Mischievous and Unpredictable D.S.
By the way, who know the relationship b/w a fox and a crow?

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 10:32:38 PM »
This will work. 'Nuff said.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:44:39 PM »
I think it is quite a good idea, considering how close many FFT members got.. And sometimes, some people do feel easier to talk dirty. It doesn't necessarily mean anything bad, but really, there are quite a lot of younger members as well, which makes it hard for such talks. Though, some people may object that it won't be easy to verify all age matters.. That will depend heavily on online honesty, I think. Some mature people can easily pass themselves a few years older with their mentality.. And some people degraded a decade or two.

I will attest to this, all of what Kainey said is very true... (you know why, Kainey... you know...)
Without FFT, I would not have had the privilege to meet everyone who has helped me out throughout my life.
All of us of course are united by our love of Final Fantasy and other JRPGs.

I've known myself as a pretty mature person, no matter what age I was, and I'm sure those who know me well, can attest to this as well.

Some of us have developed deep friendships, and who knows, it could go further than that. A good non-FFT example is Ashe10 and LadyJamie178, distance did not break their relationship at all.

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!

Ashelia10

• Brave Companion
  • Trollsticles
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 11:17:38 PM »
Im pretty sure that everyone here are actually mature, so no worries ;D

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 11:19:41 PM »
*insert crude and immature joke here* ;D

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 11:20:34 PM »
Sunny has a really good point.

Most of us who are active on here have been here for years. Some of us have developed lasting and meaningful relationships, I will add Rob and Les as two people in my life from this site. I mention them because before to FFT I had never met anybody in the gaming community in my own age range. Meeting people my own age has been important in me continuing to participate in gaming forums and have friendships with people of all ages. Sometimes you have to meet somebody in your own age group to help you stick around and be open to more.

But today is a different story and most of us here are in the adult age range. This is a great time for the site to incorporate our friendships and how we've grown.

At the same time, games are now getting more geared to adult gamers than ever before, so all of this is coming together at the same time  :D

Ashelia10

• Brave Companion
  • Trollsticles
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 11:23:46 PM »
*insert crude and immature joke here* ;D
*girl giggle* :D

angel

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 12:05:49 AM »
sonny can I just say your post was lovely   ;D ;D

Its all true as well , 3 years online together and you find friendships you never thought you had...

for me in the sandsea I have had the pleasure of seeing a different side  ;)  you start to wonder where someon is if they don't log on for a while ...good example I am hoping to see zelly soon , so if anyone talks off here send my hello's  ;D 

as princess said , this is coming together nicely and at at a perfect time , we are all human and there is a lot more I feel to see form us all  ;) hahahahaha and my personal friendship with princess behind the scenes is thanks to fft  ;D

this will be fab

and rod.. good to see you you monkey  ;D

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 12:06:58 PM »
Come on bram, get to work on that board. Angel's got some chat up lines she needs to share with us./

angel

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 12:50:45 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hahaha  we are ready for action da boss  ;)