Author Topic: Auto logout problem  (Read 3610 times)

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Auto logout problem
« on: February 11, 2011, 10:02:38 PM »
Da_Cloud, are you doing something on the site? I keep getting error messages on the main page and it also doesn't remember my online status.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: The Sandsea part XXV
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 10:05:31 PM »
It forgets my online status to, i thought that was just down to my cookies though.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 10:38:01 PM »
So it isn't just my cookies? I'm on my PS3 right now so I can't fix it tonight, won't be able to fix it tommrow morning because of work either. So you'll have to wait a bit. Don't know why tough, besides fixing the signature of the week thing I haven't done anything to the forum???

Edit: PS3  seems to remember me though???

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:39:54 PM by Da_Cloud »

YiazmatSlayer

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 11:03:55 PM »
Yeah, I keep being signed out when it usually wouldn't :S

There's a difference between playing a card, and using a card. - Zane Truesdale

jake1456

• Paragon of Justice
  • Mood: Hungry Hungry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 12:07:06 AM »
i dont think i am having any of those problems lucky me

insanity isn't gained you are born with it

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Re: Auto logout problem
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
Are there more people having this trouble? I'm having trouble detecting the source, so I'm trying to figure out if its affection everybody or just a selected few.

YiazmatSlayer

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 08:58:51 PM »
It's hitting me on both my mobile, and mum's desktop.

There's a difference between playing a card, and using a card. - Zane Truesdale

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 09:23:14 PM »
It just hit my PS3 as well, including your mobile that rules out the browser independent as well :-\

Got no clue what's causing it, but I'm uploading a backup (of the files) to the server right now. If it was caused by fixing the signature of the week function then it should be gone in lets say 30min. If not than I'm up for some serious searching :-X

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 09:36:36 PM »
This might help you in case you're not getting the errors.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ~~/domains/fftogether.com/public_html/index.php:15) in ~~/domains/fftogether.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Auth.php on line 145

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ~~/domains/fftogether.com/public_html/index.php:15) in ~~/domains/fftogether.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Auth.php on line 149

Warning: session_destroy() [function.session-destroy]: Trying to destroy uninitialized session in ~~/domains/fftogether.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Auth.php on line 182

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at ~~/domains/fftogether.com/public_html/index.php:15) in ~~/domains/fftogether.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2151

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at ~~/domains/fftogether.com/public_html/index.php:15) in ~~/domains/fftogether.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2151

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ~~/domains/fftogether.com/public_html/index.php:15) in ~~/domains/fftogether.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2155

Warning: session_regenerate_id() [function.session-regenerate-id]: Cannot regenerate session id - headers already sent in ~~/domains/fftogether.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Auth.php on line 186

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 09:51:29 PM »
Those do help locate the problem a bit more indeed. I can tell you for sure though that I never once got those errors though ???

Though it seems that its runs broke on the session. It tries to load in an specific file that I use to show forum specific data on the main page, which on its turn will automatically call a few scripts to checks if your a valid forum member (nothing should happen if you aren't, but its just an auto function of the script that can't be turned off easily). However there it hits a wall, strange though as I've never even touched Subs-Auth.php nor Load.php. Both are key scripts that handle your login and authentication, way to important for me to mess around in.

Any cause though I've uplaoded the backup now, which sets back the file, as they where on the 4th of February, for the mainpage, forum and triple triad. Hopes that solves the problem.

greeksephiroth

• Vanguard
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 12:34:05 PM »
it still isn't working properly :/

You just have to put your fingers like this!! It's freaking easy! ;)

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 12:55:49 PM »
I'm still running in the dark here. I've got another hunch, but to be honest I rather hope that isn't the cause :-X

Okay so it seems my fears are seeming to be getting true. Right now I'm already seeing 6 failed login attempts of 6 users over the past 30min. That might not seem all that weird at first but seeming how pprincess is one of the people who got a failed login, while she hasn't been online after the attempt is rising some suspicions by me. Why would she try to login, fail to do so and then stop trying??

I'm looking into this a bit more, but it seems where under attack of an login bot (a bot that tries to forcefully log himself in under existing names).

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 01:05:06 PM »
Ouch. >:(

Is that fixable?

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 01:13:25 PM »
That's what I'm trying to look into. As of now the easiest way seems to use a email-based login. Meaning instead of logging in with your username you log in with your email.

It won't 100% stop the bot, but since emails are only visible to registered users they have a much harder time logging in with existing emails. The problem with the bot is that when it attempts to login as a logged in user that user will be forcefully logged out.

The email-based login mod isn't available for our version of the forum though. So right now I'm checking if I can alter the code to make it fit myself.