Author Topic: Anime Length  (Read 2895 times)

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
Re: Anime Length
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 11:49:42 AM »
Now that you say. I liked the size of To Love-Ru, though the Manga was quite a chunk longer. Even though the end became more of a 3chapters/episode theme, it was still perfect for me.

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.
An Apple a day keeps the Guildmaster away!

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
Re: Anime Length
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 09:41:44 AM »
If it were just a nitpicking thing I would agree that deviating from the source wouldn't be fair to judge good legnth, but the change is frequently for the worse, leading to frivilous side stories showing up in the middle of the main story (encountered frequently in Bleach and Naruto) or a dead drop end that really hurts the plot (like the end of D. Grey-Man)

Sure if you dismissed the manga for some they would look better (like the original FMA as you point out) but overall I see wrenches thrown into the gears because of long length choices more than I see them in shorter series, or at least they end up being more frustrating than the shorter ones.

Though you can find short shows that really screw it all up too, like Zetman, which tried to fit a decade of the manga into a 13 episode series, it was a jumbled mess. ::)