Author Topic: I'm getting sick of this area.  (Read 3750 times)

BahamutXII

• Moppet

• View Profile
I'm getting sick of this area.
« on: May 25, 2009, 12:39:51 AM »
I'm fighting Cid. And it's a never-winning battle. I start out with my 3 tanks, for magic is irrelevant until the rooks die.

They do fine, but only kill one rook during their life that they have.

After all 3 are dead, I switch in my mages and summon/quicken in hopes of something generous. But of course, it's nothing close to helping.

The rooks shoot these beams at my mages only, and like 10 times each time, pretty much killing my team.

Game over.

Repeat.

Help?

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
Re: I'm getting sick of this area.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 01:25:30 AM »
Post your gambits so we can see what you are doing. There is no reason to die over the rooks.

BahamutXII

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 01:35:46 AM »
Ally: any -> raise
Ally: HP < 50% -> Curaga
Self: Haste
For: Nearest visible -> Attack.

This is all I have on everyone.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 02:13:00 AM »
Take one character and make that person party leader. Change the healing gambit to
Ally<70 Curaga. Make this person your party leader, and have that person on bows.

Is Cura an AoE spell in regular FF12? Does one cast of Cura heal everybody? If so, use Cura instead of Curaga.

Bows (leader)--this person will be doing most of the healing

Ally-->Raise/Arise
Ally <70% HP -->Cura
Ally Any-->Haste
Ally Any--->Remedy
Self: Echo Herbs
Foe lowest HP: Attack

The others are your damage dealers. Give them the strongest weapons and these gambits

Ally---Phoenix Down (Raise takes too long)
Self <10% HP--->X Potion (potions are faster than spells)
Foe lowest HP: Attack

BahamutXII

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 02:24:48 AM »
Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have a bow, nor X-potions.

BTW, Aseph is streaming.

A1X_Jet

• Vanguard
  • ....you jes fulla surprises, ain't ya?
  • Mood: Content Content

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 03:29:28 AM »
I did this battle with my three mains, Ash Vaan and Basche and had virtually no trouble, maybe I can help you out.

Nihopoloa + Remedy = Will always be a surefire way to aid in a losing situation. I'm know factually Cid isn't susceptible to alot of things, but what you can do to him is there to be done because its a hinderance to him. Allright, now. Focus on ONE ROOK. Manually command Vaan and Basche to kill ONE ROOK at a time. Ashe will be busy with Ally - Basche(more than likely he has the most HP) under 50% HP. They'll target Ashe and Vaan more frequently due to them being weaker, but they can last until Basche has hit that mark. Use CuraJA. It's not much more MP than Ga, and will heal your whole party to max. When you can though (when all characters have 80+) HP, manually control Ashe to attack the rook/s you're focusing on. They're easier to kill if you take them out one by one.

To ensure Ashe isn't taking much damage (she isn't the party leader for me, but this doesn't much matter), have her kite. If you're unfamiliar with that means, just in case, it means have her run circles around Cid and his rooks.

---BTW, you don't have to use my party, but I find Swords/Spears to be more effective than Balthier's Guns, Fran's Bows and Penelo's Daggers. Having a Zodiac Spear doesn't hurt, just so you know. You should invest on increasing MP to max and getting all Quickenings, this is not hard to do in Mosphoran Highwaste due to the Humbaba's/Wolf Thingies, you will gain alot of EXP/LP (especially if you're a Embroidered Tippet/Golden Amulet fan like myself.)

Don't get me wrong, Cid is tough, he's a major boss of FFXII. Using stat boosters like Shell/Protect and Haste will help you alot. Bubble isn't a bad idea and if you're like me even more so, you use Basche solely for brute strength... SO BERSERK HIM! It may be a good idea to use Lure as well, cast it, again, on your tankest of tankers and let him take the damage, and then manually cure him. There are ways around this battle, you just need to know when its time to manually step in to get the right commands in, and you also need to know when its time to retreat your party to use stat boosters.

Cid will eventually fall to the might of repetitive brute force. I was Level 41 with all characters, if memory serves. BUT, I also wore Golden Amulets and had the whole upper right license board mastered save for some spells and techniks. If my way fails, then you may have to backtrack and get some Elixers, and go on a Quickening frenzy. Good luck. :-)

EMPIRE: Book One: Beginning of the End -- Go into battle determined to die, and you will survive; Go into battle hoping to live, and surely you will not.
EMPIRE: Beginning of the End
PSN: KillerTofue

Judge Magister Gabranth

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 01:48:40 AM »
I just got all of my characters to level 58+ and beat the crap out of him. I always fight with Basch, Vaan, and Penelo.

SilentBladez01

• Moppet
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »
First of all,what are your levels? You might be under-levelled because on around levels 40-45 I found Cid to be one of the easiest bosses?

PSN - SilentBladez01 | Trophies - 569 | Platinum - 7 | Level - 10 | 58%

New PSN - ArMaGeDDoN_iT--X

Judge Magister Gabranth

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 04:03:29 PM »
Currently everyone's over level 80.  My save at Draklor...

Vaan-71
Penelo-64
Basch-66
Fran-67
Ashe-63
Balthier-65

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 05:40:06 PM »
to deal with bosses i just give vaan/basch my best equipment and then have balthere(sp?)/ashe cast bubble,faith,protect, on vaan/basch and have fran/penalo cast decoy,bravery,shell on vaan/basch then i attack the crap out of stuff with vaan/basch while i see if any status inflictions work on the boss with the other 4
also
vaan:spears
balthier(sp?):handbombs
fran:bows
basch:1-handed sword/shield
ashe:katana
penalo:staffs

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 08:29:03 PM »
This is another old topic, I'm guessing BahamutXII is long past this part of the game. If you're going to post to old topics, make sure the situation is still relevant.

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 09:19:32 PM »
yeah i guess i should check

MK Emaster

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • FFT's Keen RPer ^^
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 10:53:30 AM »
I think leveling-up is the first and most important element to win, I suggest but not order: 75 for the tanks and the rest can be no more less than 60.
The weapons are fine, but if you have powerful weapons and items it can help. And I always recommended that in a boss fight, don't do quicken and waste your MP from the beginning. Instead, fight the rooks or try to give the boss some damage and use the MP for healing, when most of your Characters are in critical status do the quicken, you can use Ethers.
As for espers, I recommended to use one character per round to prevent losing a character without using him.
You can also optimize you gambits, you can ask someone else for it, since I'm not really good at it.

My characters levels were:

Vaan: 66
Baltheir: 70
Basch: 86
Ashe: 68
Penelo: 60
Fran: 79

FFT is the coolest place on the internet ^_^ wait...yeah ^_^

My Youtube ChaNNel
CHECK OUT MY ARTWORKS ^^