Author Topic: Kitase speaks about Xbox 360 Final Fantasy XIII release in Japan  (Read 593 times)

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile

Everywhere else may have gotten Final Fantasy XIII for 360, but what about Japan, which had the game as a PS3 exclusive? And what about that Achievements list from the Xbox JP website? What do you say about those, Yoshinori Kitase?

“There’s no information we can reveal, no new information,” said Kitase, who was producer on the project, speaking at gamescom during a presentation of The 3rd Birthday. “We know that information has been looked at by many people, but we can’t comment right now.”

So.. will Final Fantasy XIII be released on the 360 in Japan? Square Enix just loves to leave us with unanswered questions.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
Re: Kitase speaks about Xbox 360 Final Fantasy XIII release in Japan
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 10:51:21 AM »
Would it make much of a difference? Everyone should know that the 360 is failing miserably in Japan, I doubt that releasing FFXIII on the 360 would contribute to that much in sales. While there will definitely be Japanese Xbox 360 gamers who may no doubt not have played FFXIII before, I think this is a rather small percentage. I don't really know if this would amount to much.

I don't think they should waste their time with it.

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
Re: Kitase speaks about Xbox 360 Final Fantasy XIII release in Japan
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »
Just as in all ports, then.

I say full power to them, either way. It won't help or hurt the company; it's just a way of trying to have something new to pass the time until something real comes out.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D