Author Topic: Square Enix rushes to fix Final Fantasy XIV  (Read 555 times)

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
Square Enix rushes to fix Final Fantasy XIV
« on: November 05, 2010, 12:16:26 AM »
The first month for Final Fantasy XIV has been off to a rocky start, and perhaps the most negative Final Fantasy start we have seen in a while. It has sold 630,000 copies worldwide since it's release for the PC; with 190,000 sold in Japan, 210,000 sold in North America and 230,000 sold in Europe. The game has garnered rather negative reception from critics and fans; the current Metascore standing at a 50. The lowest score a Final Fantasy game has ever gone.

Square Enix has heard the criticism's however... and are currently in full force and fixing the game is now their top priority.

During an investors briefing earlier today, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada admitted that Final Fantasy XIV has been having a hard time out the gate and said, "We're quickly working on reforms. We'd like to put our full power into regaining trust."

The PlayStation 3 version is still on track for March, Square Enix also confirmed. Wada said some of the problems were due to expectations for FFXIV being high and the end result showing a gap.

Said Wada, "If we satisfy our users, they will return. On the other hand, once the users say, 'forget this,' there's no turning back. We can only recover our trust so far."

With the PC version receiving almost worldwide panning, one can only hope the PS3 version will turn things around.

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
Re: Square Enix rushes to fix Final Fantasy XIV
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 12:28:23 PM »
I am hoping that they will do a better job before the PS3 version comes out, but i am not getting my hopes up to quickly.

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

sentry88

• Hedge Knight
  • ff13-2!!!!
  • Mood: Busy Busy

• View Profile
Re: Square Enix rushes to fix Final Fantasy XIV
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 11:53:43 AM »
I havn't actually played it but the bad reviews make it look like it needs some tuning up ;D ;D ;D

I goin burn your house down..... with the lemons~Cave Johnson