Author Topic: Which FF's have you played?  (Read 6296 times)

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
Which FF's have you played?
« on: July 06, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »
As the topic says, which FF games have you played?

My virgin FF was X back then in 2002. I found the game awesome, so I bought VIII and IX which were still on sale at that time [around 2002-2003 haha  :P]. I didn't buy VII because somehow they were uber-rare back then. So I tried them and both were potentially kickass games, although I'm with the majority who dislikes junctioning :P Then I was on vacation to my uncle's house and he had X-2. So I played it there. I found the game very good and the battle system was the best at that time [before XII, of course ;D]

Nothing to do with FF but... around the end of 2004 I tried.... KH! And quickly got engrossed with the game. The story was great and I like how it's set in worlds. Then shortly after I played SO3... Another good game [and the reason I didn't like SO4 going to 360]. Wayy later I bought KH2 just last year, and I think that the Org XIII were very good characters.

Back to FF.....
Later that year I got to try Tactics: War of the Lions. Although I was bored in the first playthrough of it I found that it was actually really fun. Belias there seems to be the peak of hardness, then there goes Cid and you basically pwn the game :P Last December I bought XII. It was an excellent game despite what people said, of course :P Then soon after I bought Crisis Core and it was just brilliant ;D

Darn I ended up saying my entire SE game history from 2001-now... lol anyway you can just post the FFs you have played here :P and maybe what you think abt them.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: Which FF's have you played?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 03:30:26 PM »
Well my very first game with Final Fantasy in it was Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for de GBA. I really liked it so I also bought FF I & II Down to Souls (remake versions for the GBA).

After that I got a Ps2 with FFX ;D FFX-2 was also already on the marked so I bought that one to together with FF IV & V Anthology (saw it in a store and I couldn't resist buying it)

Later on I bought the three FF's for the PsOne. I started with playing FFVII after that I played FFIX and the last one of the three was FFVIII <-- I to didn't really like the junction-system, though the strong story kept me hooked on.

Then my best friend introduced me to Kingdom Hearts really when I looked at the cover I though why would you play a game like this. After seeing some action I couldn't help but borrowing the game from him ;D

Then I hadn't bought a game until KHII came out. And of course the same goes for FFXII which I also got my hands on during the release day.

Its just resent that I bought a psp with "Crisis Core" and "the War of the Lions". Its also resent that I got my hands of a copy of FFVI, though I till have to play that one.

The next games that will be added to my collection will be:
FFX-2 internation, FFXII Zodiac Job System and KH I & II Final Mix

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 03:48:30 PM »
Haha yeah, I also want to get IZJS and KH II Final Mix +, they are essentially the same; many great bonuses added but only available in Japan -.- or eBay.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 04:51:45 PM »
Haha yeah, I also want to get IZJS and KH II Final Mix +, they are essentially the same; many great bonuses added but only available in Japan -.- or eBay.

Yea I know, and the real problem always was the payment methods :( Sins we in Europe work with the euro instead of the dollar. But now I'm 18 and with the help of an account on paypal everything worked out fine ^_^

devilman108

• Vanguard
  • "Black is just a shade of white"

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 02:31:00 AM »
I have played (in order)

FFT
FFIX
FFVIII <- played for like....1 hour then PS1 broke =(
FFX
FFX-2
FFXII

yep. Started with FFT and will ALWAYS end with FFT....

I shall forever wait for the dreams that will never come true

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 03:43:08 AM »
hey megafun my first FF was X too :D i have played final fantasy 1 and 2 20th anniversery edition for psp, i have played final fantasy x as i already mentioned, i have played final fantasy 12 and i played final fantasy 5(my cozen had it from a long time ago)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:40:18 AM by xkeyblademasterx07 »

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 04:14:25 AM »
Haha nice! I'm looking forward to when FF IV comes out which is like 2-3 weeks away :D and also the FF I and II on the PSP. I need to get a taste of the old-school FFs ;D

I forgot to add to my first post that I own FF III DS :P

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 04:21:18 AM »

I forgot to add to my first post that I own FF III DS :P

lucky i have always wanted to play some old school FFs in improved graphics like
FF7(the orginal) i have never played 7

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 07:28:25 AM »
Same here, I've never played the original VII. I have some hopes for a PS3 remake, but not too high as I don't wanna disappoint myself.

Oh I've also played Revenant Wings, it's a good RTS game :D I have yet to try the Crystal Chronicles though. Anyone here played a CC game?

ElliotMajor

• Paragon of Justice
  • All that glisters is not gold
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 07:56:47 AM »
FFVI *Not Completed*
FFVII *Completed* First One I Played
FFVIII *Completed*
FFIX *Not Completed*
FFX *Completed*
FFX-2 *Completed*
FFXII *Not Completed Yet =[*

"Are sins.. ever forgiven?"

"I've never tried"

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 08:22:45 AM »
Hmm, VI, IX and XII are very good games, you should finish them. Which one are you working on now?

I've never played the original I-VI. I can always buy the anniversary FFI and II, I have FF III DS and FF IV DS is coming out soon. I hope later they will remake V and VI :D

ElliotMajor

• Paragon of Justice
  • All that glisters is not gold

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 08:30:01 AM »
Working on FFXII Now =D
Well i played FFVI ON Rom because i couldnt buy it
i intend to when i have money
and ill need to borrow FFIX Off a mate because mine has been misplaced

"Are sins.. ever forgiven?"

"I've never tried"

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 06:52:49 PM »
I have only played VII and XII. I have a 100% perfect game on VII with 99 of everything possible, 255 on every stat and what seems to be max gil and i'm checking all the rumours on that. On FFXII i'm going for perfect.

Max Power

• Rear Guard
  • Superintendent

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 08:53:55 PM »
1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, 12

all of em were great!

Princess Ashe

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 05:04:12 AM »
My first evar FF game was FFIV for the SNES. Then FFVI. After that it was...

FFVII
FFV
FFVIII
FFIX
FFX
FFX-2
FFIII
FFII
FFI
FFXII
FFT
FFXIIRW

I haven't beaten FFXIIRW, FFI, FFII, FFIII or FFT though. FFVI and FFIV I was at the end of, but my data got erased so I need to get there again. FFV I was halfway through before my data got erased. Sad time, that was.