Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age  (Read 216 times)

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
« on: March 11, 2017, 11:35:07 PM »

I'll try to post information I find about the game until it's released.

Release date: July 11

New features:

- Job system from the IZJS version of the game. Each character can pick two jobs as opposed to a single job in IZJS. Once you pick a job for a character, you won't be able to change it anymore. The vanilla license board isn't included in the game.
- Option to choose between the original and the remastered soundtrack. They made it ambiguous whether or not the original soundtrack will be a paid DLC.
- Option to choose between the English and the Japanese voices.
- Uncompressed voices and BGM.
- Eight new music tracks will be added.
- A 100 floor Trial Mode. You load a save file from the main game and use the characters and items from that save file. You can save every 10 floors. You cannot choose a different save or replenish your items during the trial mode, so make sure you are prepared because the last 10 floors are very difficult.
- Gambits will be different for every job now. No word on the ability to buy all of them at the start of the game like in IZJS.
- Improved graphics. Most notable difference will be Vaan's abs. ;D Everything will be rendered in HD and there are some lighting improvements.
- No more spell queues - YAY!
- Ability to speed up the game (x2 and x4 speed).
- Shorter loading times between zones.
- Option to invert both camera axes (I don't think I need this after FFXII made me use double inverted axes in every other game lol)

Jobs:

Archer
Black Mage
Bushi (Samurai in the fan translation of IZJS)
Foebreaker (Breaker in the fan translation of IZJS)
Knight
Machinist
Monk
Red Battlemage (Red Mage in the fan translation of IZJS)
Shikari (Hunter in the fan translation of IZJS)
Time Battlemage (Time Mage in the fan translation of IZJS)
Uhlan
White Mage

Translation differences

It seems some items have gone name changes. If the gambits shown in the PAX demo are anything to go buy, these are some of them:

Smelling Salts -> Nu Khai Sand
Alarm Clock -> Prince's Kiss
???? -> Domaine Calvados

Mechanics differences between FFXII and FFXII IZJS

The most noteworthy difference is the treasure system. The treasure positions have been changes. You no longer need to pass through two others zones to reset the treasure chests. Simply exiting and re-entering will be enough. The normal-rare item split is 95/5 instead of 90/10.

Most important combat difference is the removal of damage caps. Another notable difference is related to Quickenings. Mist Charges are no longer bound to MP. MP growth has been adjusted accordingly.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:28:00 PM by Chaos »
"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 01:56:22 PM »
I can already feel my purse getting empty again ::)

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 02:28:37 PM »
Important change - Each character can choose two different jobs in the remaster.

Source: http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5513-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-screenshots

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

kokushishin

• Wiki Editor
  • Brave Companion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 02:35:36 AM »

Battlemage, Warmage (on the monograph etc.) and oddly enough Biskmatar from FFTA all use the same characters.

I thought I saw something about the map having some sort of transparent setting now too.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 06:08:38 PM »
Yes, you can have a transparent map on screen while playing the game.

I never posted the latest trailer:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:04:17 PM by Chaos »

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 12:30:23 AM »
I'm really excited for this, I always wanted to play IZJS but could never find a way to obtain it and modify my console correctly. It's going to be so much fun finally having the opportunity to play with the job system.

I am a little disappointed with the trophy list (see here: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5788-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age ) as I would have liked there to be a few trophies to do with clan rank (including achieving Order of Ambrosia rank), but there's still some good ones on there.

I can't wait to see how the dual job systems play out - does anyone have any preliminary thoughts on job setup amongst the characters?

Also, I do wonder if there'll be a reliable way to manipulate the PS4 RNG for some of the rarer treasures - I don't particularly fancy 56 hours for a seitengrate!

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 01:08:37 PM »
I haven't given it much thought since I don't have a PS4 (still hoping for a Steam release). I am not sure if I will try to optimize my setup or just pick all 12 jobs and assign them to characters based on my views of their personality.

Btw. here are samples of every single track from the new OST: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/ff12/tza_ost/en/index.html#