Author Topic: Am I Good Enough/Prepared Enough?  (Read 1420 times)

Kriscasey88

Am I Good Enough/Prepared Enough?
« on: November 03, 2009, 06:01:04 AM »
Okay, this is my second attempt to beat this game, the first time I got to Phon Coast and quit,

(I am currently on my way to Giruvegan)

Right now, my current party levels/equipment are.....

Main Party -

Vaan Lv.46 - Ultima Blade, Best Heavy Armor you can buy at Balfonheim before GIruvegan
Balthier Lv.46 - Fomlahaut, Best Light Armor you can buy at Balfonheim
Ashe Lv.46 - Fomalhaut, Best Mystic Armor you can buy at Balfonheim

Backup Party -

Basch Lv.46 - Zodiac Spear, Best Heavy Armor you can buy at Balfonheim
Fran Lv.46 - Fomalhaut, Best Light Armor you can buy at Balfonheim
Penelo Lv.46 - Fomalhaut, Best Mystic Armor you can buy at Balfonheim

What i plan on doing, is going through until right before Bahamut, saving, then beating the game just to see the ending, because the story has gotten me wanting to know how it ends Now i plan on upgrading my armor when available but im wondering if i will be able to go through as is and beat the game.

After beating the game, im going to go back to the save before Bahamut and go back and finish up all Side Quests and Hunts, get some of the rarer weapons and armor, ect.,

I have done all Hunts available up to events at Draklor (26)

so I have the Niho,Bubble Belts,Bubble Magick, everything you can buy with the 24 hunts under your belt at the Muthru Bazaar Shop.

and all characters have all Augments and all Magicks except for the ones i have to get from Barheim, and the Merchant in Necrohol after i get the Treaty Blade.

ALSO

this is just a side note....

I would definitely be alot lower leveled if i hadn't used FF12GrandMasters Bazaar Guide, letting you the earliest you can obtain Bazaar Goods, and I used it to obtain early Ultima Blade (I got it right when i got to Phon Coast by using the early Cerobi Steppe method with a chocobo, Which i am currently using, Kagenui (Before Raithwall)
Francisca (Right after Raithwall), Zwill Crossblade, ect. ect. and in farming the items for these weapons I really leveled up quite a bit.

Currently I started up a new game that I am getting ready to start after i finish this one, which is a 122333 game, and im just at the part with Vaan and Penelo in Giza and im in the Westersand farming Water Motes,Holy Motes,and Hastega Motes.

Im doing this for the simple fact that i want a challenge from this game, because this playthrough has been no challenge whatsoever, the whole game I have been 1 hit killing all regular Mobs and then Niho+ Remedy Marks and tearing them to shreds in less than a minute. Its been no fun for me challange wise, i would have quit like i did before at Phon Coast if not for wanting to see how the story plays out. Also the weapon collecting has been quite fun for me as well, especially getting the Ultima Blade, because i had never used a greatsword before, due to quitting at Phon Coast before, and after i saw it being used I fell in love with it, haha. Thats why i have Vaan using it in my main party and Basch using the Zodiac Spear in my backup.

But i must say, the most annoying thing to me BY FAR, has been doing the **** CHOPS part in Archades, that was just so annoying, and to think, i have to go back and get 19 more..... YEESH.
I don't know i just hate it.

Moderator Edit: Please modify your post using the Modify button at the top of the post, rather than double posting. Thanks!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 06:34:10 AM by pprincess »

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
Re: Am I Good Enough/Prepared Enough?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 06:14:11 AM »
well i beat the game with a level 54 party my first time,with far worse equipment
so i'd say you're good to beat the game,but for the evil side quests you're PROBABLY gonna need to level up more

also in the licence board having all the "augments" unlocked for all characters is good
BUT if you're gonna use ff12gms guide to the zodiac spear,then leave one persons "brawler" tile locked

Kriscasey88

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 06:21:52 AM »
No, i'm not gonna do the ZS in henne mines, one is enough for me. haha

I just really want to beat the game, then load the save before Bahamut and then do the extra stuff. I was merely pointing out using FF12GM Bazaar guide as a reason to be as high of a level that I am.  But i think to up the challange a bit, I am going to equip everyone with firefly's to keep their level at 46, then when i get to the last save crystal before going to bahamut unequip them, and proceed with hunts, and other side quests. so once i beat the game to see the ending and then reload my file, i will still be at 46, but still have a reasonable challange (I hope) against some of the tougher Hunts, and Side quests

Shadow Gilgamesh

• Order of Ambrosia
  • All your weapons are belong to me!
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 06:27:22 AM »
well (this may just be me but) i found that even with being an over 50 team that most of the advanced hunts are still hard
in fact i'm currently level 59(took a break from my file for about 4 months) and i'm still level grinding for pryalster,yaizmat,ixon,shadow seer,etc. so i wouldn't worry that much about "easy" battles

SwordStealer

• Knight of the Round
  • "I'm going to punch the donuts out of your hair."

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »
Well, when i went to Giruvegan on my first playthrough, i only had 2 great swords, Claymore and Defender. With my best armor being Mirror Mails, everything was hitting 1000-1300. I was only like level 41. So, you should be fine.

wee187 is my twin from across the country!