Author Topic: Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope  (Read 18530 times)

Phoenix

• Hedge Knight
  • The Dark Messenger
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
Re: Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2009, 07:53:45 PM »
Okay, but I'll keep Sarah on Auto and on the healing tactic just in case things get messy. Those spawns do tend to hit a bit hard. I don't know if it's my defense or their strength.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2009, 10:12:51 PM »
Well I think the overall lightning attack hits anybody in the area, so even if somebody isn't attacking they will still take damage. So for sure it is something to keep an eye on.

Phoenix

• Hedge Knight
  • The Dark Messenger

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2009, 08:03:18 AM »
Playing it again for the past month, this time in Chaos Mode. I managed to make it up to Tamiel, where right now, I have a bit of a roadblock.  :P That laser attack of Tamiel's is painful, which took out my Bacchus with nearly full HP. The Sydonaist's don't give me a break either when they keep spawning over and over, with poisoning my characters. Must be just the mode, because I never experienced such damage before. This was actually my first game over I've ever had in the game (I nearly lost the EQ fight if I didn't get the Resurrection Unit in). Not excited for the Bonus game dunegons, where all the enemies hit 5 digit damage.

Just something I felt like saying, I personally think Tamiel is the hardest boss whole game. Excluding Gabriel and the Queen, of course.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2009, 08:19:40 AM »
Thank goodness the game has items. If the sole reliance is on spells, healing things like poison while trying to survive would just be impossible.

Phoenix

• Hedge Knight
  • The Dark Messenger

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2009, 08:29:26 AM »
Thank goodness also for Sarah, who has Resurrection which is; I found, to be the best spell in whole game. I rarely use Symbology let alone the Symbologists. I found the pre-game battles impossible without Sarah in the battle though. Faerie Star is another good spell.