Poll

Who is your favorite character of Star Ocean The Last Hope?

Edge Maverick
4 (8.5%)
Reimi Saionji
7 (14.9%)
Faize Sheifa Beleth
9 (19.1%)
Lymle Lemuri Phi
4 (8.5%)
Bacchus D-79
6 (12.8%)
Meracle Chamlotte
6 (12.8%)
Myuria Tionysus
3 (6.4%)
Arumat P. Thanatos
3 (6.4%)
Sarah Jerand
4 (8.5%)
Crowe F. Almedio
1 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Star Ocean The Last Hope Favorite Characters  (Read 5954 times)

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
Star Ocean The Last Hope Favorite Characters
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:32:06 AM »
Who is your favorite character of Star Ocean: The Last Hope? My favorites are Reimi Saionji, Faize Sheifa Beleth and Bacchus D-79.

Reimi: Savage Sparrows is fun... seriously. Highest critical hit rating out of all the characters.
Faize: I really like him, he is easily one of the characters I didn't find annoying in SO4.
Bacchus: A hulking death machine. One of the best Blindside animations IMO (REALLY saved me with Armaros II), and another character I didn't find annoying.

I don't know why I added Crowe though... but he is a main character and maybe some people like him.

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
Re: Star Ocean The Last Hope Favorite Characters
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 02:24:44 PM »
I generally like all of the characters in TLH in one way or another, but my favorites are:

Meracle Chamlotte: Hah, she's pretty cute in the story and I like her whole relationship with Eleyna. In battle, she's a great fighter, and she becomes a broken killing machine with the right skills and X-Claw. Definitely a great character for the bonus dungeons. Her Blindside animation is awesome and I believe she's invincible during it, so I tend to abuse it. :P

Bacchus D-79: I like his quirks and intelligent nature, and I find him one of the cooler characters in the game. He has funny moments too ^^ (lol Welch). Battle-wise, he's more of a defensive ranged fighter and has some of the coolest Special Arts out there. Cool Blindside animation. XD

Arumat P. Thanatos: Generally he's a bit 'meh' personality-wise but I still like him. He's the second-best close-ranged fighter in the game IMO, and I love his teleporting Blindside. Killed Armaros Manifest pretty easily with him. Also, he wields a scythe ;D and I still believe that Bloodstorm Revolution is one of the most badass names for a special attack in the videogame world. XD

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 06:11:13 PM »
Meracle is indeed broken and my favorite to use. She can defeat anything in the game unassisted except for a healer to keep her going.

I liked Arumat too and he's refreshing in a group of mostly cutesy characters. He reminded me of our devilman here on FFT, dark with a mission.

Someddrnoob

• Order of Ambrosia
  • I'll finish you in one strike! - Yukiko Amagi
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 09:57:01 AM »
Heh, looks like no one really likes Edge or Myuria.

I can personally relate to Edge in a few ways...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for Myuria... I feel like the only guy who hates her.

Reimi, Meracle and Bacchus are my personal favourite characters, as they're all very good damage dealing beasts and they're excellent alone and combined. Their personalities also score well for me, with Reimi being a strong-willed woman, Meracle being a very hyper Lesser Fellpool and Bacchus being a cyborg I can somewhat relate to.

Arumat definitely gets an honourable mention as a great damage dealer, but his personality isn't the best.

Remember, Reimi is watching you... Don't get slapped!

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 11:44:46 PM »
1) Reimi, definitely Reimi at number one. I thought her backstory was probably one of the best in the game (Next being Myuria), and in battle she is quite often the character I use the most, she is absolutely deadly and right up there with Maria in Till the End of Time. She might not quite have Energy Burst, but Savage Sparrows certainly makes up for it. She can make cookies and looks pretty good too! :P

2) Bacchus, in battle he is very safe to use, just like Reimi with attacking from afar. His machine gun attacks might not be the most powerful, but standing there spewing bullets everywhere is just freaking awesome. For practical use Black Hole Sphere is an extremely useful attack too which is guaranteed to hit everyone several times and charge your Rush gauge in next to no time. But I just love his character as well, the whole hiding in his optical camouflage is just pure win, particularly how it activates when he is in 'deep thought'.

3) Meracle, she is not one that I liked much to start with, but she really grew on me. Her character just gets funnier and funnier, whether it be trying to eat Sarah...or anything for that matter, just hilarious. As for in battle, while she may be unconventional her attacks can really work in your favor if used well. X Claw and Drill Spike alone are outstanding attacks.

4) Faize, I beat the game once on Galaxy just to replay Galaxy a second time to get him instead of Arumat. There's something about him that I like. Even though he's often times modest and quiet, he's also knowledgeable and vengeful at times. I think it's interesting how he has two completely different sides to him.

Tidus

• Moppet
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 05:28:18 PM »
Mine changed from Edge to Crowe ... Why?

Moderator Edit: Watch for spoilers, they aren't marked in the topic title

--- Someddrnoob

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 03:15:24 PM by Tidus »
"You think you just die and everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!"

Zeikuu

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Puts the Pro in Procrastination
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 11:23:46 AM »
Reimi, Myuria and Arumat..

It seems i'm the only person to vote for Myuria... You should all be ashamed..

Tidus

• Moppet
  • Mood: Lazy Lazy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 03:14:40 PM »
Mine changed from Edge to Crowe ... Why?

Moderator Edit: Watch for spoilers, they aren't marked in the topic title

--- Someddrnoob

I am so sorry about that.

"You think you just die and everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!"