Author Topic: RP Forum Discussion Thread III  (Read 54924 times)

ElliotMajor

• Paragon of Justice
  • All that glisters is not gold
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
Re: RP Forum Discussion Thread III
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2011, 11:44:01 PM »
Yes which is when pprincess started posting the first long post (if memory serves, don't quote me)

Characters being touch by other people is only one part of the problem. The other part is that I am not prepared to read a chapter of a book when I want to RP. Quite frankly it can be daunting.

The discussion was only heated due to Ultima assuming that when we said a new rule we meant for the entire forum. Whereas all I had meant was a new rule for a new RP you guys carry on with your long posts and whoever wanted to join the shorter post on would. However Ultima was greatly opposed to that idea too. "My way or the highway" apparently.

"Are sins.. ever forgiven?"

"I've never tried"

YiazmatSlayer

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 11:49:40 PM »
I'd modify that post if I were you. It will only serve to antagonise otherwise.

I did consider, if you read back. I even suggested a way of doing it. However, as I've said in the Sandsea, as no solution was forthcoming, I've decided to stick by what the current RP is like.

There's a difference between playing a card, and using a card. - Zane Truesdale

DevilsGreen

• Hedge Knight
  • :] Hey

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2011, 11:53:28 PM »

I did consider, if you read back. I even suggested a way of doing it. However, as I've said in the Sandsea, as no solution was forthcoming, I've decided to stick by what the current RP is like.

Sorry I have to agree it does seem that way; and I'm having to say I won't be joining. Like I keep saying I don't see the issue with a different roleplay with different post expectations.

I feel you are discriminating. :/

ElliotMajor

• Paragon of Justice
  • All that glisters is not gold

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2011, 12:03:39 AM »

I'm not trying to antagonise anyone. I agreed with two rps at the same time.

Ther was only one person against the idea

"Are sins.. ever forgiven?"

"I've never tried"

angel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2011, 12:24:17 AM »
I am not posting as  a mod , this is the yiaz mans baby not mine

but....

your putting yiaz in an awful position and now I have read it all , I have my thoughts on it all , so for what it is worth....

As an outsider , in other words I am neutral to both sides ...anyway it is clear beyond belief that there are two writing styles and both are fab , I admire the long detailed effort some of you go to , and the description of a faster , shorter posting style one also sounds fab...

It really is that simple , but you all went and got your knickers in a knot ..right   ::)

The longer rp's clearly have put off the likes of greeny , and dampened confidence for fear of not fitting in with the long posts ...I can understand that actually ...but paul has done everything he can to reassure you all that your posts however short are as welcome and wanted as the longer posts.

However , if your not a long poster and don't want to read all that then no matter what paul says you will not want that kind of rp ..right ..

At the same time , paul , yiaz etc etc cannot have their love of writing and their own passions dampened by having to write short posts .

I see what you all mean by saying you cannot intervene in the middle of action on the rp because its long , but that poster obviously knows this and is doing his part as he chooses.

It really all makes perfect sense to read this thread , tone and words on a forum have no personality sometimes , there is no smile or reassuring gesture to let you know its ok , and you have all just tried to express your points too much now  ;)

Yiaz gave you a solution and in my eyes I see no other option

short posters cant be expected to start writing novels

long posters can;t be expected to dismiss their long stories

It seems wrong to dictate at the beginning what style of post is required

but it seems wrong to not let you ALL express yourselves

two at the same time yiaz said .... but I guess before yiaz feels like it there has to be some kind of acceptance to each other ..

can;t you see it ..look at this thread ..your all full of fire and its fab ..and you should all be writing and expressing this .

:)

There is no such thing as a bad elf ...

YiazmatSlayer

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2011, 12:27:22 AM »
I've given this some thought, and I'm going to write a topic for it in this section. Keep your eyes peeled.

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 12:30:11 AM »
See my Sandsea post.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

DevilsGreen

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2011, 12:30:54 AM »
but paul has done everything he can to reassure you all that your posts however short are as welcome and wanted as the longer posts.

However , if your not a long poster and don't want to read all that then no matter what paul says you will not want that kind of rp ..right ..

At the same time , paul , yiaz etc etc cannot have their love of writing and their own passions dampened by having to write short posts .

EXACTLY! But sorta not. You missed the point as wel kindal. :/

We know our short posts would be accepted, but I don't want to read, or want to have so much to post back to.
They don't want to read a smaller post and have "not enough" to reply to.

Again I have to say ... why can't we have a separate forum?!

Then we can both do our things and roleplay the way we enjoy to and don't mess up each others fun.

angel

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2011, 12:38:58 AM »
no

I got the point

YiazmatSlayer

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2011, 12:42:18 AM »
I've posted the topic up. I don't want to see anymore contention over this matter. I've tried to compromise to both sides of the argument here.

DevilsGreen

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2011, 12:44:44 AM »
no

I got the point

That's alrighty then >.<

MK Emaster

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • FFT's Keen RPer ^^
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2011, 09:40:16 AM »
Sad thing what is been going on, but I can't say nothing now, Yiaz's post is up already.

I did just like to say I had and have no objection at all at long post, they are much more fun to read (Not in the morning though XD) and shorty post are fun as well, like you just got the nutshell and its your turn to interact and all. Anyway, as for me, I will be writing in moderate quantity with my usual quality since 2008 (without the grammar and spelling mistakes I did back then though :D ).

Hope it is all good for you people, and please don't announce dumping this place over one heated discussion, come on you guys are better than that. I can argue and hell and just be back the other day XD

And a suggestion if I may (I know I'm too late but whateva) :
To help people who missed a couple of pages due to internet problems or a sick pet, can long posters like KINDLY and OPTIONALLY include  a summary or a nutshell of their post? (Not that u should or anything)

I once gone off in an RP here for 10 pages and Keyblademaster gave me a whole summary through PM XD
-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------

Regarding the current RP, can I jump in?

FFT is the coolest place on the internet ^_^ wait...yeah ^_^

My Youtube ChaNNel
CHECK OUT MY ARTWORKS ^^

DevilsGreen

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2011, 09:50:55 AM »
Regarding the current RP, can I jump in?[/color]

I'm giving it it try too :£

angel

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2011, 10:02:17 AM »
now your making me want to join mk and greeny  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2011, 04:30:57 PM »
I really enjoyed those posts you two. Just one thing Green, any additional information that interrupts the flow of the story should be placed in the OoC section below your post. That's only a very minor point though. :D

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.