Author Topic: The Defense of Kerusan II  (Read 19186 times)

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
Re: The Defense of Kerusan II
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2012, 11:24:53 PM »
"Hey spy!" Jason said. Daniël walked into the lounge holding two bottles of Madsprite on him. "Wazzup! *hic* Please, call me Daniël in the future, spy seems so cold." He said while putting the bottles on the table, allowing himself to fall on the bench. Jason and Cindel were sitting on a table, sharing some of the Alpha's golden nectar with each other. "It seems like he's out." Cindel said, snapping with her fingers above his head.

"I have a bad feeling." Cindel said to Jason out of nowhere. "It's been a while since the Deus incident.." she continued. "Incident? Is that how you call it? It was the end of the world we encountered there!" Jason interrupted. "Jason.. I know. Just leave it okay?" she said with a warm voice. "The Brachh, it won't be long until they're here, right?" Cindel said, her voice began to sound more worried.
"No, it won't be long. *hic*" Daniël said, while putting his hand in the air.

Daniël sat up straight, reaching for the bottle he put on the table just a minute ago. Cindel was quick enough to take it from him, leaving him waving his arms in the air like a kid. "Okay, ruin the mood then." He said while folding his arms, putting his legs on the table. His hoodie seemed all worn out from the walking he did outside, his trousers were even worse. "Actually, about ruining the mood. Who's that new girl I saw. I don't believe she's a soldier." he added, stretching his arms. "Thin ice, you're walking on, my spy. That's Canton's baby sister, we picked her up today, just don't ask." Jason replied, pouring some more Madsprite in his glass.

Daniël stood up and walked back outside. He yelled, saying his name wasn't spy, but nothing more.
"How old is she actually?" Jason asked to Cindel. "Sixteen, it's almost her birthday, she said." she answered while taking a sip of her Madsprite.

~

Three cans were lined up on a working bench. Jason stood 34 feet away, aiming with his handgun, his pupils were small and focused on the targets before him. He shot three times, shooting off little white bursts that flew towards the targets. Two cans fell on the ground, leaving one undamaged. Someone behind him began to clap hard and slow. Daniël emerged from the shadows. "Well done, you're probably the most valuable member of the group." He said mockingly, clapping some more. "Hey shut up!" Jason said while clenching with his fist. "Or what?" Daniël replied, holding his arms up wide.

Daniël grabbed his gun from behind his back, shooting at the remaining can. A thin red flash went through the air, the shot missed. Daniël lowered his weapon. In a swift move he also grabbed his combat knife, throwing it at the target, splitting it in two.  "You, you're also a terrible shot I presume."  he said with a smile. Jason relaxed his hands now. "Is there actually anything you can?" Daniël added. Jason changed his mindset again, clenching his fist as hard a before.  "What now? Bit your tongue? The last one who did that regretted it afterwards.."  he continued, now walking towards his knife.  "What do you want from me!"  Jason spat while grinding with his teeth.  "Listen, you're the only one here with the mind we need. What you've seen, it was bad. What you were on that time, it was worse. You know that what's going to happen here is wrong. You're the one who can think and I'm not trusting that Canton fella right now."

"Heck, you're explaining nothing. Just calm down, spy." Jason said, trying to suck in what he just said.

"Call me spy again, you'll be dead soon"

"What?"

"Nothing." Daniël said with a grin.

"Listen. This place, Alpha, is hell. But are we animals? Someone, no, something is keeping the truth outside the reach of the citizens." Daniël said while using numerous unnecessary hand motions. "I don't believe it, for a spy, you're a terrible liar. Just tell me straight that you're on a personal vendetta." Jason replied, shaking with his head in disbelieve. "Okay, you're right about one part, but I'm not on a vendetta. This government. I've wasted too much time on trying to collapse it. This, this is our chance, what's on the top here, it will survive and it won't do us any good.." Daniël said. Jason's eye opened, something in him wanted to punch Daniël just in his face, but the sanity he still owned, told him it would be his last punch.

Jason simply nodded. "Do you have a plan?" he asked. "Maybe, I'll think about it for a night." With that, Daniël walked away, disappearing into the shadows as always. "Say hello to you girlfriend if you will." echoed from the hallway. Jason sniffed, hiding his blush.

~

"Soldier! What's this on the radar?" an officer pointed at the green acrylic LEHDD screen that was beeping here and there. "Three unknowns, moving fast." the clerk answered.

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK, REQUESTING FOR BACK UP IMMEDIATELY!" the radio screamed out.

"This is the west squadron, sir." The clerk said. "God help us now." he continued.

OoC:accidentally wrote never gonna give you up ;D

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:33:00 PM by rsslayersr »

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.
An Apple a day keeps the Guildmaster away!

Dragon Lord

• Rear Guard
  • Happy is he who finds amusement in small things
  • Mood: Stressed Stressed

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2012, 01:05:53 AM »
“Whoa!” Roy exclaimed, looking over Sam’s shoulder as the old soldier opened up a newly arrived case. “What is that?!”

“That, boy, is Matilda,” Sam smiled warmly. He pulled the large, heavy looking rifle out of the case and started to carefully and almost lovingly check it over. The weapon was roughly cylindrical will a large shoulder rest and a wide ammo stock near the trigger. The ‘business’ end of the weapon squared off slightly and had three different barrels.

“A heavy laser repeater, gauss gun and plasma burster all in one devastatingly beautiful package,” Sam said.

“It’s incredible,” Roy sighed wistfully.

“Don’t even think about it lad,” Sam laughed. “She’s got a little too much kick for you I’m afraid. Stick to bombs.”

After a few more minutes of Roy begging to try out the weapon, Sam locked it back up. He was satisfied when things got ugly he’d be ready. He picked up his tools and headed back into the ship, intending to calibrate the power systems in order to integrate the new stealth system he’d added. The projectors newly installed on the outer hull would generate a field around the ship that would conceal the heat and electromagnetic emissions the ship generated. It could be calibrated to also camouflage the ship. Sam was sure they’d be able to move freely through the planet without being detected, as long as they didn’t get too close to any of the big ones Abby had told him about.

On his way to the engine room, Sam passed the med-bay and heard two voices speaking quietly. Having never listened to his mother telling him not to eavesdrop, he slowed down to listen.

“Are you sure, Abby?” Kate’s voice carried out of the room.

“Positive,” Abby answered, sounding stressed. “We were both on leave three weeks before this whole Brachh mess started.”

“Well,” Kate said. “Obviously this ship doesn’t have the equipment to confirm it and I’m just a field medic, not a doctor. Have you spoken to Alex about this?”

“Of course not,” Abby replied. “We need everyone with their head in the game, especially Alex. If he doesn’t stay focused he could make mistakes, mistakes we can’t afford.”

“I’m sure he’d rather know,” Kate said. “And what about you, for that matter? We can’t have you distracted any more than Alex. Talk to him!”

“No!” Abby shouted, then lowered her voice. “I’m going to be flying the Raven, but Alex and the other’s will be on the ground in the thick of it. Promise me Kate.”

“Fine,” Kate sighed. “I’ll respect your wishes. But I still say you should talk to Alex. It’ll give him another reason to fight.”

Sam started walking again. He happened to agree with Kate. Abby shouldn’t be dealing with this alone. But, like Kate, he respected Abby’s wishes. And if it came down to it, he could tell Alex later if need be.

“Everyone,” Alex voice carried over the intercom. “Get all equipment into the Raven, we’ve got trouble. The Brachh are here.”

Sam swore and rushed towards the engine room. If they were going to get out of here, they’d need that stealth system.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:20:12 PM by Dragon Lord »
“Time for a Celebration! Cheese for Everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no-one. That can be just as much of a celebration if you don't like cheese. True? " - Sheogorath

jedakiller

• Hedge Knight
  • Mood: Indescribable Indescribable

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2012, 08:40:46 PM »
Everyone was busy loading up all the equipment into the Raven. A voice came out of the intercom, it was Canton.
"Listen up, the Brachh are here, we need to scout ahead! I need two more people to come along, Alex you're coming,  meet me in front of the ship! NOW!"
Alex grabbed his weapons and sprinted out, before he could he could he got stopped by Daniël. "What do you want? I'm in a hurry" Alex said, "I'm coming with you and Canton." Daniël said while reaching for his sword. Alex nodded and started sprinting to Canton.

They both arrived at the front of the ship. "What are you doing here!" Canton growled at Daniël. "I'm here to help, you can use me. I'm the fastest of all of you." he said while looking Canton deep into his eyes. As much as he didn't want to admit, Canton admitted. "Fine, let's go." he said.

"These Brachh, how can I recognize them?" Daniël asked, "They're big with armor and different types of helmets. You’ll know what they are when you see one." Alex answered.
Just as they started to sprint into the horizon, someone shouted to the group from the docks, it was Kate.
She sprinted as fast as she could, "Wait for me!" she said. "The rest is staying at the ship?" Alex shouted. "Yes." she answered. The group started to sprint towards the west, the same direction they came from when they left from Deus.

After running for fifteen minutes they stopped. Kate spotted Brachh scouts ahead of them, being in a triangular formation.
"What do we do now?" Kate asked. "We attack first" Canton replied. "Leave him to me." Daniël said. He adjusted his hood to his liking, unsheated his blade and charged at the neares Brachh he could reach.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:07:25 PM by jedakiller »

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »
Canton watched as Daniel lithely and elegantly carved his way through three Brachh scouts. Before he could kill the fourth, another leapt up behind him preparing to strike. Canton promptly whipped out his rifle and plugged the scout through the head twice before striding towards Daniel. "You're very skilled but also overconfident. That can lead to a swift death if you are not perceptive enough." As though to emphasise the point, a Brachh scout appeared to Canton's left which he stabbed with his sword without a backwards glance.

"Alex, you Kate and Abby make sure the supplies are aboard the Raven!" Canton shouted, "Tell John to bring the Bull out here. Daniel and I will delay them as long as possible."

"You got it rookie!" Alex shouted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John appeared five minutes later, wheeling a turret mounted on several sturdy wheels. The guns were sniper rifles modified for rapid fire as the recoil was displaced along the inner workings of the machinery.

"It's about time," Canton panted as he carved the head off of another scout.

"This *Bleep*'s heavy you know!" John complained, "At least now I get to have some fun."

"Not this time John," shouted Canton as he snatched the triggers of the Bull, "You're needed in the engine room to make sure the Raven flies properly. Tell Abby to take off and I'll jump in at the last second after thinning their ranks."

"What about me?" Daniel asked.

"Go with John." Canton turned to the steadily building army before him. "Time for some fun!" he roared as the spray of fifty calibre thermal slugs began pounding the Brachh lines.

OoC: Take it away DL.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2012, 10:24:21 PM »
OoC: *cough* Hello active topic, nice to see you again. Reminds me, if I didn't have shooting practise, I would've posted. I hope DL doesn't mind me snatching this one.

"Sam, *wark*, how much time do you need!" Jason asked to the Gunnery Sergeant. Sam didn't answer, only to see his eyes focused on the main task, getting the stealth system ready. Roy rushed in, holding his weapon above his head. He grabbed Jason by his arm. "Leave the man, he'll be fine. We need to barricade this place, now!" Roy said while pulling Jason towards the main entrance. Jason stumbled over his own feet, but recovered quickly and ran towards the large steel blastdoor.

Roy put in a command into the holographic pad and the door started to close at an immense slow rate. Screaming roamed into the large construct, it came from the back, where the shuttle was moved into. Roy nodded and readied his weapon, aiming at the stil large gap between the two inclosing steel doors. Jason ran off towards the sound, checking if his handgun was loaded. He rushed over the little obstacles that were between him and the ship, he barely noticed the broken glass that he crushed underneath his boots.

Adrenalin rushed through Jason's body as he saw the shuttle, a scout already made it this far. The Brachhling sneaked toward the shuttledoor, but before he could do any damage, Abby blocked his way and stomped it into oblivion. Liquid flowed from the now lifeless machine, some sparks flew from the scout and faded after that. Two more Brachh scouts appeared. From behind Jason, Cindel appeared, going in sword first. She rushed towards the scouts and flanked them from the right. A few seconds after that, the scouts were cleanly cut in half.

The sword shined bright as it reflected the sun that went through the roof. Jason's adrenalin level eased, Cindel turned around to check up on him, but her face changed relieved into alertness. Jason saw her mouth move, but he couldn't hear her, as if he was diving in water. He concentrated, faintly he understood "Jason" and "Behind you!". His eyes opened wide, he turned around to see a normal size Brachh soldier, ready to hit Jason with the back of his gun. He fell on his back, evading the blow. In a split second, he shot multiple blast from his gun, leaving nothing more than a scar on its face. His vision because grey, he could only see more Brachh coming in from a hole in the roof and a faint blue reflection of Cindel's sword.

~

Jason was in a dark, black room and stood in the middle of a white platform. It seemed like the only light in this place was engulfing the center, where Jason stood. He looked around, clueless of what this place was. He made an hundred degree turn and saw a figure standing there. He jumped a little, nobody would find this very normal. The figure was made out of pure light, glowing blue. "You.. what is this?" Jason muttered. He looked again and saw it represented Bastien. Bastien reached out to him, laying his arm on Jason's shoulder. Bastien showed a smile, starting to say something.
"WE ARE COMING!" it screamed at it turned into red, screaming with an eerie voice as red light came burning out of his eyes. Like that Jason woke up, seeing Abby as Cindel was fighting of the little group of scouts that had formed.

The only thing that went through his mind, was the scream he heard before. "Who shouted?" He asked to Abby. She looked relieved, happy that he was still alive and well. "Serah, she saw the scouts coming in from the roof. Unsettling for such a girl if you ask me." she said with a warm voice. "Can you stand?" Jason nodded and got up. "How about Sam?" Jason said with a sharp voice. "He's almost done, give him a few minutes." Abby replied.

The blastdoors were closed and the only threat now, were the Brachh that came from the roof. Only the scouts came with a solid pace, most of them died on impact. Normal soldiers weren't agile enough to reach such heights on their own.

Jason saw Canton on his Bull, it gave him an idea, a bold one.

"Canton, do you have any personal feeling about this place?" He shouted. Canton didn't know what to say. "No.. I don't think so.. I'm afraid to ask why." Canton replied. "Let's just say, I don't want anything near us that can compromise our escape." Jason shouted with a grin.

OoC: This can go on as long as you want, it's up to you when Sam's done. Also, you all can think of a way to un-compromise out mission ;)

You might not know this, but Mytthal has a soft spot for cake. He likes to lurk around West and steal Apple Pie from the Cooking Guild.

Dragon Lord

• Rear Guard

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2012, 11:47:50 PM »
Alex raced across the hanger towards the Raven, swearing almost constantly. He stopped just before reaching the boarding ramp, spun on his heel and started firing at the scouts coming over the wall. Canton was doing a pretty good job of holding the worst of them at bay for the moment but Alex knew that it was only a matter of time before the dock complex and eventually the whole city were overrun.

“Alex, come in,” Jason’s voice chirped over the radio. “I have an idea. Did the mechanics get the chance to strip down the shuttle and the Valkyrie?”

“No,” Alex said as he turned and ran into the ship. “Sam and Canton managed to get better equipment for us.”

“That means that everything’s still there right, drive core and weapons?”

“Yeah,” Alex replied. “Why?”

“I’m thinking of repeating what Abby did to the Pheta facility,” Jason said.

“You want to nuke the city?!” Alex shouted at his radio.

“Not quite,” Jason answered sheepishly. “With Roy’s help I think we can rig the left-over missiles in the fighter and the power core in the shuttle to emit an EMP. It should be strong enough to shut down most of the Brachh in the dock complex.”

“You’ll also ground every ship in the area,” Alex replied. “We need to give the people here time to escape.”

“Alex,” Jason said firmly. “The Brachh will have this place overrun soon. No-one who isn’t already here won’t make it to a ship. We can set it on time delay and warn any and all ships to get out of range before we take off. We don’t have much choice.”

“Fine,” Alex sighed after a moment. “Do it.”

When Alex reached the cockpit he found Abby and Kurt working furiously at the controls.

“How we doing?” Alex asked.

“Sam’s still integrating the stealth systems,” Abby said. “We can’t bring the power core online till he’s finished. John and Roy are helping him. In the meantime we’re installing the drop-ship’s radio into the Raven so we can access the 15th regiments secured communications system.

“We’re going to need Roy elsewhere, Jason’s got a mad idea,” Alex said before reaching for the ship’s internal com system. “Engine room, do you read me?”

“We’re kinda busy down here lad,” Sam’s voice shouted angrily.

“How long, Gunny?” Alex asked.

“About 15 minutes,” the old soldier replied. “If you stop interrupting me that is.”

“Sorry,” Alex said. “But I need Roy out in the hanger.”

“What’s up boss?” Roy asked.

“Jason wants to rig the shuttle to set off an EMP to knock out the Brachh forces in the area. And it needs to be ready in less than 15 minutes.”

“Well, *Bleep*,” Roy said. “I better get on it.”

“Thanks,” Alex said. “Good luck.”

After shutting down the com, Alex nodded to the two pilots before heading towards the armoury to get more ammo for his weapon. While there he traded his old Gauss Rifle for a newer, more streamlined version that Sam had provided.

“I better get out there and give them a hand,” he said, before heading out.

OoC: Unless someone says otherwise, my next post will be a long one that sees us out of the city and sets up the new objective. 

“Time for a Celebration! Cheese for Everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no-one. That can be just as much of a celebration if you don't like cheese. True? " - Sheogorath

jedakiller

• Hedge Knight
  • Mood: Indescribable Indescribable

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2012, 07:09:52 PM »
John and Daniel ran towards the ship, keeping distance from the Brachh Canton took care of. They arrived at the hangar and went through a little crevice that the scouts made while everyone wasn’t looking, just big enough for both John and Daniël and it seemed the scouts forgot about it.
"John, little question, how do you want to fly away with those doors closed?" Daniël asked, "Well, I was going to.. uhm.. open them and then..." he replied.
"I see. Seems unfortunate doesn’t it." Daniel said while squinting with his eyes.
"You’re quite right there." John said, looking around to find inspiration for a plan.

Abby came running out of the ship. "Would you two come inside and help us out!" she yelled.
Daniël and John ignored her, they were debating how they should open the hangar doors.

"I've got a idea! I'll  hack the operating system and make a portable from the ships." Daniël said, "Sounds good, you do that. I'm off to Sam, you’ll know where to find me”. John replied.
Daniël grabbed the GPS device he used to track Jason with and walked to the control pad from the hangar doors.
He used his knife to rip the metal cover off, showing the insides of the panel.

He plugged in his device into the feed and started to hack the doors. In a few tweeks and a RNG solver the pad was his own. "I've got it! We’re ready!" he yelled while he ran into the ship.
"What you got?" Abby asked. "I've hacked the hangar doors, we can open them from the ship." Daniël said with a big smile on his face. He looked to one of the windows and saw Serah peeking through the window. As she noticed that he saw her, she ducked away immediately. Daniël left of a little smile and told the news to John.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 03:29:56 PM by jedakiller »

YiazmatSlayer

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2012, 10:02:24 AM »
OoC: Sorry guys but I'm claiming next post as mine.

There's a difference between playing a card, and using a card. - Zane Truesdale

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2012, 01:23:55 PM »
OoC: Just make sure you post within a day please.

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

YiazmatSlayer

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »
OoC: As Promised.

The Brachh Elite had almost reached the center of the city.

It had decided to go alone, commanding its army to advance upon the city and distract the forces defending it. The sounds of battle came from the outskirts, and it was satisfied that the ruse had worked.

Two of the despicable lizard parasites emerged from an alley, with knives in their hands, and charged the elite. It stood completely still, and let their pathetic blades deflect harmlessly off its carapace. After a minute of their weak attempt at attacking it, the Brachh Elite kicked the closest in the chest, sending it sprawling, and grabbed the other's neck in a vice grip between its claws. The creature thrashed as it was lifted into the air, unable to draw breath, and with an audible crack, the Elite sent it to the ground with a crushed neck. The second regained its feet, and held its distance, eyeing it warily.

The Brachh Elite was going to make a fight out of this creature, if it could even put up a fight. It crossed the distance between them and punched the lizard full in the face. Talons and metal impacted with a bone-jarring impact, and the creature's face was left a cratered bloody mess.

"So weak...." thought the Elite, as the lizard died.

It encountered no more resistance as it reached the place it judged the center of the city. Feeling an alien emotion of victory, it wrenched a globe from its hindquarters, and smashed it on the ground.  Instantly, a dark green haze began to spread in all directions.

Anything that was touched by the foul substance started rotting from the inside out. Bones became fluid, and flesh and blood became a murky ooze as the deadly contagion took hold.

The Brachh Elite would of felt elation if it was capable, as life in the city ended at an alarming rate. It only had a short range of effect, being able to completely envelope the city and nothing more. However, the final blow was yet to come...

The Brachh Elite made its way back towards the edge of the city, ready to rejoin its forces, and set an end to this petty resistance.

There's a difference between playing a card, and using a card. - Zane Truesdale

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2012, 07:42:30 PM »
Canton paid little heed to Jason's brief explanation of an IEMP nuke he planned to detonate in order to clear themselves an escape route. He was too busy pounding the steadily thickening Brachh lines with thermal rounds. One or two of the speedier scouts had even managed to get past his flurry of bullets. "You do realise if we're in the blast radius that the ship won't fly!" he shouted.

"Obviously!" Jason called back as he dealt with the Brachh that had broken through.

"Then shut the *Bleep* up, build your bomb and get Abby to fire up the goddamn engines!" Canton roared as he just managed to take down a Brute with a well aimed slug.

Jason looked livid as he sprinted back into the hangar.

Continuing to fire on the Brachh lines, Canton could feel the Bull steadily getting hotter and hotter as the exertions of prolonged shooting began to take their toll. After another few minutes the heat became unbearable and Canton turned to flee into the hangar. He managed to close the titanic iridium doors over against their foes outside apart from a single, towering Brute. As the rest of the enemy forces attempted  to wrench the door open, Canton drew his sword and side-arm, preparing for what could be the fight of his life.

OoC: I would add the fight but I'm sure the rest of you would like to get a word in.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:22:21 PM by Ultima »

rsslayersr

• Order of Ambrosia
  • The Cake is a Lie

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2012, 10:18:32 PM »
"We're running out of time!" Jason shouted at Sam, who was wiping the sweat from his head. "Haste isn't going to cut it, friend. It won't do it in time. Unless.." Sam said while throwing his filthy towel into the corner. "Find Roy, make him bring his Brachh gun." He continued. Roy followed his order and left Sam and John to work further.

"We need more time.." Jason thought as he saw the big horde Canton was fighting off. The continues fire can't be good for that Bull, risking overheating or worse. "*Wark* Roy!, Do you hear me?!" Jason shouted through the radio.

"Jason, still alive I presume? Heheh." Roy replied.

"Not the right time Roy!" Jason said angry. "How's the shuttle going?"

"Five, give or take a minute." Roy said. The lightings started to flicker. "Make it two."

"Listen, Sam needs you, especially your Brachh weapon you've been working on!" Jason said with a rushed voice. "Then we're all in *wark* trouble. If I don't stay here with this beauty, we might have a bigger problem then those Brachh figures." Roy said with a dark tone. "Fine, just the gun then." Jason said while seeing a scout Brachh creeping up on him. "Oh *wark*! He aimed at the legs, but it evaded every single shot. It jumped towards Jason, hitting him on the chest, making him fall on his back again. Weakly the radio said "Jason? The Valkyrie!".  Jason had other troubles, one that involved kicking the scout to knock it back a few feet. A sword's cling echoed through the building. The dark hood of Daniël arrised from the exit. Daniël started to shoot at the scout, gaining his attention. "Run you fool! This aint one for you!" Daniël shouted while walking in a fast pace towards the Brachh, keeping his sword ready to strike swiftly.

Jason crawled up, looking nervously around for the Valkyrie's location. "IN FRONT OF YOU!" Daniël shouted again. Jason stood straight, bumping his head on the Valk's wing. He jumped in, walking directly into the pilot's seat. The gun leaned at the steering pannel. The grey and silver weapon was shaped to fit into one of those Brachh hand-like limbs. Wiring was sticking out of it. He didn't hesitate any longer and grabbed it, sprinting away from the Valkyrie towards Sam and the Raven. Few seconds later, he arrived, holding the Brachh weapon tightly into his hands.

"Give it, quick!" Sam said nervously. Jason handed over the the gun, panting because of the energy he used for his quick sprint. Sam rewired one of the wires and a little chamber opened, revealing a clip of white glowing bullet shels, like Roy used to clear the sewer from the rubble. "These pack a punch, I've heard." Sam said with big eyes, closely examaning the the clip. "I know. Been there, done that." Jason replied while leaning into the wall. Sam fiddled one of the bullets out and quickly put it into a bigger metal casing. "I'm ready, give me five minutes." Sam said while clicking the casing into a large heavy duty mechanical welder.

OoC: You meanies, can't you see they only want hugs!

Dragon Lord

• Rear Guard

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2012, 09:18:54 PM »
“Alright!” Sam shouted, slamming his fist onto the com control. “Abby, we’re finished down here! Fire up the power plant and drive core! I’m gonna give them a hand outside!”

“Roger that,” Abby responded. “Beginning start-up. John, keep an eye on the engines.  Jason, head to weapons control, you can use the turrets to give us cover. Everybody else get on-board, this train is leaving!”

Sam waited until the systems started coming to life before rushing to the armoury. He ripped open Matilda’s case and hefted the heavy rifle onto his shoulder before heading outside, passing Cindel, Kate and Daniel as they dashed down the boarding ramp. As soon as he cleared the ship he raised his weapon and triggered a control on the side before squeezing the trigger. Laser fire exploded from the middle nozzle like a swarm of angry hornets, ripping through every Brachh scout in range. After a minute, the weapon beeped to signal the power cell was depleted. Sam responded by activating another control which switched the weapon to Gauss mode.

“Come on you freaky tin cans,” Sam bellowed as the burst fire impacted half a dozen scouts and reduced them to charred heaps of scrap metal. “Come and see what Uncle Sam’s got for you!”

Alex was standing at the exit of the shuttle while Roy worked furiously inside. He knew they didn’t have a lot of time and if Roy couldn’t finish quickly enough Alex would have to order him to just detonate the core in the hopes that the blast would take out the Brachh with the city. He really hoped it wouldn’t come to that though. 

“How’s it going in there,” he called into his radio.

“Almost got it,” Roy replied. “I’m trying to set up a remote detonator.”

“Alex,” Abby called through the radio. “We’re about ready to lift off. It’ll take about three minutes for the engines to warm up but after that we can go. Sam’s covering us for the moment but it’s only a matter of time till they overrun us.”

“Got it,” Alex said, pausing for a minute. “Right, tell Sam to come and get Roy, I’ll grab Canton and we’ll make our exit.”

“Roger that,” Abby said. “Sam’s on his way. We'll do a fly over and pick you and Canton up as we head out. Be ready...and be careful Alex. Abby out."

“Roy, we need to go!” he shouted into the ship, not bothering with the radio.

“I’m finished,” Roy called coming out of the ship. “Better seal this off so the Brachh can’t mess with it.”

“Well done,” Alex said. “Head for the Raven, Sam will meet you. I’m going to go pull the rookie’s ass out of the fire.”

OoC: I think you’re okay adding your fight now, Ultima. Include Alex in the fight if you want or he can just be the reason to end it. S’up to you.

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2012, 10:21:38 PM »
The Brute was everything Canton feared. Agile, powerful and absolutely merciless with it's two titanium fists. The blows that it managed to land practically made firearms irrelevant. Weaving in and out of it's massive limbs, Canton had barely scratched the surface of the creature's armour with sword or bullet. Then, a gap opened. Canton deflected a swift punch then a swinging hook with his blade before whirling around, placing his pistol against the Brute's head and unloading an entire clip into the monstrosity.

It fell to the ground with a clang of metal and the fizzle of damaged electrics. Canton had been so engrossed with his fight that he hadn't noticed the Raven's engines firing up. The shuttle door of the Raven was wide open and Alex was hanging out it roaring at Canton to jump into the ship.

Leaping on board, Canton sprinted on board and strapped himself immediately into one of the safety harnesses. "Nice job keeping them at bay rookie," Alex commented.

"I'll consider it a job well done when no-one uses that nickname afterwards," Canton smirked.

Alex chuckled in reply, buckling himself in.

"Buckle up boys!" Abby's voice shouted over the intercom as the ship rocketed to the outer hempisphere, "This is gonna be a bumpy ride."

"She's not kidding!" Sam roared as a cataclysmic blue sphere of energy rocketed out from the centre of Alpha Momentues.

Dragon Lord

• Rear Guard

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2012, 12:01:44 AM »
Everyone was exhausted. Kurt and Sam had volunteered to stay in the cock-pit to keep an eye on things but everyone else was unconscious. Alex and Abby were huddled together in a corner when Sam came up to them to shake them awake.

“You’d better come and see this,” Sam said.

“What’s wrong?” Alex asked, instantly awake. “Are we in trouble?”

“The stealth system is holding and we’re high enough that there should be no chance of the Brachh detecting us. But we received a transmission. You’re not gonna like it.”

Alex said nothing as Sam led him to the cock-pit.

As soon as he arrived Kurt directed his attention to the com screen and hit a few commands on his console. The man who appeared on the screen looked like he’d been through a lot. He was covered in injuries, a fresh cut across his left eyes and what looked like a broken arm. He was wearing a tattered and torn 15th regiment uniform and held a laser pistol in his un-injured hand. Even without the uniform, Alex would have recognised him anywhere.

“Colonel Rainer,” Alex exclaimed, surprised to see the commander of the 15th regiment. “Is this live?”

“Yes it is, Lieutenant,” Rainer growled shortly.

“Sorry sir,” Alex replied sheepishly, saluting. “Lieutenant Blake, formerly of squad six, reporting. It’s good to see you sir.”

“Likewise,” the Colonel said, returning the salute. “What’s your situation?”

“Could be a lot worse sir,” Alex sighed. “Only Sergeant Valentine from my own squad survived. I’ve got five Privates, most of them new recruits; two flight officers, Flight Lieutenants Abigail Blake and Kurt Grayson; an intelligence officer assigned to the 15th; and two civilians, one of them a Gunnery Sergeant from my days in the Kordoch Wars. We’re on a freighter we ‘commandeered’ from Alpha Mommentus. We’re currently in stealth mode hovering in the lower atmosphere.”

By this point, the others had joined them in the cock-pit.

“You’re doing better than me, that’s for sure,” the Colonel sighed. “Listen Lieutenant, there are only five of us here and we're about to be overrun.”

“Sir, give us your co-ordinates and we’ll come get you!” Alex shouted, ready to give the order.

“No, Lieutenant,” Rainer snapped then lowered his voice again. “It’s too late; you can’t make it in time. We’ve probably only got a few minutes. Now listen, I’m going to send you a data burst. It’s vital that you act on this information quickly. If this in’t dealt with immediately then the whole Alliance could be destroyed. Hell, all of humanity and the other races could be wiped out.”

“Understood,” Alex frowned. He looked over at Kurt who nodded as the data arrived. Sounds of explosions and gunfire snapped his attention back to the com.

“Colonel!” he shouted again.

“This is my last order Lieutenant,” Rainer said, pulling himself to his feet. “Hold the line.”

The last thing they heard was a huge explosion as the line went dead. Everyone was silent for a moment until Sam coughed.

“Alright boys and girls,” he said. “Let’s have a look at that data. Kurt, bring it up please.”

“It looks like satellite images,” the pilot said, tapping more controls. “I guess the orbital network is still working. Or at least it was.”

“What the hell is that!” Canton gasped.

Everyone’s attention turned to the screen as the images were enlarged.

“It’s a ship.” Alex said quietly.

It was true. It was massive, easily bigger than a Dreadnought, far longer than it was wide. From the image it seemed to be made of the same material as the Brachh armour, had a huge array of weaponry and four massive engine thrusters at the rear.

“Something that big can’t operate inside a planet’s gravity,” Kurt said. “It’ll be far too heavy to even get off the ground.”

“Want to bet on that?” Abby asked. “If that thing gets into space it could carry the Brachh to any world in the galaxy. It would take an entire armada to bring it down.”

“We need to find a way to destroy it before it’s completed.” Canton said. “But I really doubt this ship could do enough damage. Hell, we won’t even get close. Look.” He tapped a few controls and the picture zoomed out to reveal the defences around the Brachh ship.

“Titan’s,” Abby whispered. “Sixteen titans.”

“And more Flyers than I can count,” Sam added. “And what looks like anti-air towers. They’ve built this stuff really quickly.”

“Is there anything on this planet that could take that out?” John asked.

“Maybe not on the planet,” Daniel said. “But what about in orbit?”

“The Gungir,” Abby exclaimed. “The orbital defence satellite. The particle laser cannon on that thing could cut a moon in half. If we could get control of it we could level the entire Brachh force, Dreadnought and all.”

“Only one problem,” Alex said quietly. “The only way to direct the satellite is the control room at the defence headquarters at the capital, which is now currently in the centre of Brachh controlled territory.”

Everyone was silent.

OoC: Hope people liked the Mass Effect Reference