Author Topic: E3 2013 - Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 heading to Xbox One  (Read 3746 times)

Spee

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Endure and survive.
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile

Anyone else still in shock over the announcements yesterday? We know we are. But Square Enix didn't stop there. Today, at the "Future of Final Fantasy" event, Square Enix has announced that both Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 will be not be exclusive to the PlayStation 4 and will be going multiplatform.

Both games will also be readily available for Xbox One owners to purchase. This will be the first time Xbox owners will be able to play a Kingdom Hearts game on their system.

They did not give more word on when the games would be released, but mentioned that they are working on FFXV as quickly and efficiently as possible so they can release it soon.

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
Re: E3 2013 - Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 heading to Xbox One
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 08:06:30 PM »
*Bleep*. And I thought this time everything went flawlessy.... Didn't the sales on Xbox rang a bell at SE?

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 08:46:49 PM »
With both consoles using the same architecture, I believe the cost of making ports isn't really high. They should release it for the PC, too. >.>

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 08:25:57 AM »
I'm actually amused that the internet is somewhat calm about this, when it was up in arms after 2008's E3 when Wada showed up in Microsoft's conference, announcing FFXIII for the 360. But either way, I'm perfectly fine with this. Not like I care about the Xbone and its aggressive consumer-hating BS to consider for a microsecond to support it.

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 07:54:15 PM »
I have no qualms about Final Fantasy XV heading to Xbox One, because I already know which platform I'm going to purchase it on. BUT, I have major problems with Kingdom Hearts III heading to Xbox One.

Kingdom Hearts' story is already all over the place due to it being on multiple platforms, including Nintendo's. I really want this game to be for Wii U as well so Nintendo Kingdom Hearts fans don't feel left out. Also, if the game is going to be on Xbox One, then for the love of god Square Enix, please release 1.5 HD and the inevitable 2.5 HD on Xbox 360. I don't need to be explaining the story again to another group of gamers, and I understand you are trying to remedy that with the HD collections.

Nice job SE for putting the end of a trilogy on a platform that never had it, because that totally makes sense. ::)

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 08:11:39 PM »
Of course it makes sense. More platforms, more money. ::)

Not that I blame them though. I just want KHIII to be a good game.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia