Author Topic: FFXIV General discussion topic  (Read 127851 times)

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
Re: FFXIV General discussion topic
« Reply #345 on: November 20, 2013, 09:42:24 PM »
We Warrior's are becoming gods apparently. This makes me excited to actually Tank Coil as a Warrior. :O

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 20, 2013, 10:29:18 PM »
This make me wonder about SE Balancing capacities....

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 21, 2013, 09:38:51 PM »
they are still testing things, and they are updating all classes as far as i know. so we just have to wait for the final patch notes.

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

Yuichan

• Rear Guard
  • °_°
  • Mood: Mischievous Mischievous

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 21, 2013, 09:49:35 PM »
"Everything cant be perfect, or everyone would play it - like Paladin" - Mr.Happy

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 22, 2013, 08:49:28 AM »
"Everything cant be perfect, or everyone would play it - like Paladin" - Mr.Happy
Even if everything was perfectly balanced out people would still find some classes more important than others. Just look at the WP speedrun parties ::)

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 22, 2013, 11:03:15 AM »
Finally got all the FF13 weapons today and finished the Lightning quest line, decided to put the armor and weapons I received in the Armoire and....

Turns out I can't put them in there. What exactly is the point of the Armoire if we can't put all the Seasonal Event stuff in it? I could only put the Pumpkin Heads from All Saint's Wake in there but not the ghost costumes. Two extra costumes may not seem like a whole lot, but I can't help but feel Square Enix is being extremely stingy with this thing.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 22, 2013, 11:20:40 AM »
Will most likely change at some point, people have already been complaining on the official forums. For now you'll have to set with storing them in your retainer.

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 22, 2013, 06:00:54 PM »
so who is up for some AK farming tonight?

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 22, 2013, 09:01:59 PM »
So a few things from the Live Letter, and Patch 2.1 is due on Dec. 17th:

- DRGs, BRDs, WARs, MNKs, and BLMs are receiving a few changes in 2.1. (Greased Lightning buff for MNKs. Hooray!)
- Pharos Sirius drops iLv 60 gear, the equivalent of AK gear.
- Allagan gear from Coil is getting a buff to iLv 95. (May or may not have been a mistranslation)
- The Hard Mode dungeons are Haukke Manor and Copperbell Mines. They will drop iLv 60 gear and Allagan Tomestones.
- Good King Moggle Mog XII drops iLv 80 weapons.
- Extreme Mode Primal Fights drop equipment equivalent to Relic+1. I've only seen a screenshot of Titan Extreme but it seems Landslide is now 4-directions while bombs are planted on the field. He also Gaol's two people at once and summons mini Titans. Already sending shivers down my spine.
- You can only enter Crystal Tower with a party of 8 instead of an alliance of 24 and will require an iLv 55 restriction. (A minimum of WP gear, basically)
- Hard Mode story fight is apparently
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- 2k cost to change your hairstyle via the Salon. Hair color, eyebrows, face paint, face paint color, facial hair, facial features, and tattoos will be able to be adjusted.

jake1456

• Paragon of Justice
  • Mood: Hungry Hungry

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 22, 2013, 09:21:37 PM »
does it say what the changes for classes are?

insanity isn't gained you are born with it

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 22, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
Monks are getting the aforementioned buff to Greased Lightning, as well as extra damage multiplier when striking behind an enemy.

Dragoons are getting a faster Jump animation so we can dodge a little better and are not rooted to the ground for a few secs after a Jump.

Black Mages can no longer spam double Flare. (I have never seen this happen, or just wasn't paying attention so I don't know)

Bards are receiving a bit of a nerf to what Cross Class skills they can use. As of right now, BRDs can use LNC/DRG (Blood for Blood), PGL/MNK (Infernal Release) as well as their own class skills. (Raging Strikes/Hawk Eye) This means BRDs can hit of a phenomenal amount of damage while staying mobile and a safe distance away. I think that's really all that needs to be mentioned, they needed a nerf if I had to be honest.

Warriors are getting the world. (Ok, not that extreme. Finally on the same level as Paladins due to the amount of utility we are receiving in 2.1)

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 22, 2013, 09:48:09 PM »
definitely will lvl warrior soon. Might be handy to be able to switch between PLD and Warrior.
also i predicted the hard mode dungeons. and the hard mode story dungeon as well. can't wait to do that one.

oh and oni mentioned something about us doing the coils before the patch. since the patch is going to make the coils easier? we can easy fill up gaps if we get the whole FC on as a team.

oh and lvl 40 BSM!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:49:42 PM by Sixty »

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 22, 2013, 09:54:37 PM »
oh and oni mentioned something about us doing the coils before the patch. since the patch is going to make the coils easier? we can easy fill up gaps if we get the whole FC on as a team.
The first patch won't decrease the difficulty. They only decrease the difficulty when they add new turns (which is scedualed for patch 2.2 IIRC).

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 22, 2013, 09:56:29 PM »
Unless you mean gear-wise, then yeah. I expect the gear you can acquire from the Crystal Tower will make a few people's lives in Coil a lot easier. With the Myth cap also being raised to 450, I imagine Coil being slightly less difficult in 2.1 with Mythology gear. I've only completed Turn 1 with my FC but I can already tell that all Coil boils down to is mechanics and coordination, especially with Caduceus. Gear really won't save you if he builds up 3 Steel Scale stacks and your team can't keep up with the slimes.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:59:37 PM by DragonSLAYER45 »

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 22, 2013, 09:57:51 PM »
Caduceus is an ass, still don't know what works better. MT run away or OT run away.