Author Topic: FFXIV General discussion topic  (Read 127868 times)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: FFXIV General discussion topic
« Reply #780 on: May 31, 2015, 01:28:05 PM »
I think most of the delay comes from the servers processing stuff and not from the network so I'm not sure how much improvement the EU data centers will bring, but I'm keeping my hopes up. :D
The first thing to wonder is if its worth it to switch to an EU server in the first place ::) The little delay I'm experiencing myself isn't going to make me switch to an EU server without knowing whether or not they'll be populated.

Oniangel

• Order of Ambrosia
  • ζ*'ヮ')ζ
  • Mood: Calm Calm

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 31, 2015, 03:12:08 PM »
I have no intention whatsoever to change server. The game is perfectly playable and the prospective of a slightly reduced ping doesn't make the hassle to migrate server (an empty one too) worth for me.

I was just happy to see SE doing something for EU.

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 31, 2015, 03:24:42 PM »
Aren't they moving the servers in the EU Data Center to Europe, not making new ones?

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 31, 2015, 04:07:26 PM »
Aren't they moving the servers in the EU Data Center to Europe, not making new ones?
Don't know, haven't really been following the news that closely. But are the current servers marked as EU or NA then, because I always believed they where marked as combined EU/NA servers?

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 31, 2015, 06:03:26 PM »
They might be marked as EU/NA because they are in the same location. Chaos is the EU data center, though. I think they even recommend that data center to European players and the other ones to American players. It wouldn't really make much sense to create new servers in the EU data center instead of moving the existing ones.

AN IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL FINAL FANTASY XIV STEAM CUSTOMERS

We are pleased to announce that pre-purchases for FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward will be available on Steam from early June 2015. Pre-purchases will qualify for both early access, starting June 19, 2015, and the bonus in-game items!

As you have previously registered a copy of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn from the Steam platform, we wanted to remind you that you will need to purchase FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward on Steam as well. A registration code for a non-Steam version of Heavensward will not work on your account due to it being for another platform.

If you have already pre-ordered the physical Heavensward Collector’s Edition in order to get the additional items (Dragon Mount Figurine, Eorzea in Motion – A Realm Revisited Additional Content Disc and The Art of Eorzea – Heavensward Artbook) as well as the digital in-game items, please contact Square Enix customer support for further assistance.

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/help/contact-customer-support.php

Of course, you will still be able to continue playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn until you decide to expand your adventures Heavensward!

See you in Eorzea!
The FINAL FANTASY XIV Team

About time. ::)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:45:33 AM by Chaos »
"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

DragonSLAYER45

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 05, 2015, 08:17:11 AM »

Just in time for the expac! ;D

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 12, 2015, 03:22:41 PM »
Congrats! I still have to clear it. :-\

On another note, I finally pre-ordered Heavensward.

So... how many people do we have for Early Access?

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 12, 2015, 06:08:30 PM »
I'm semi. Got a few days off (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday), but I also got quite a lot to do around the house :-\
So I'll be around, but unless the rest takes it slow as well I'll probably be miles behind

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 18, 2015, 12:37:19 PM »
I don't mind taking it slow if we'll have a group that will play together to level 60.

Tried clearing T13 last night, but it didn't go so well. I hope I'll be able to find a party for it in Heavensward.

Ready for tomorrow? :D

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 19, 2015, 09:31:41 AM »
Ready for tomorrow? :D
I'm ready, but by the time I'm able to log in and start playing the first people will probably already have mashed there way to the final boss ::)

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 19, 2015, 10:02:09 AM »
I wonder if we'll have lv60 people who havne't touched any of the main story quests. ;D

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 24, 2015, 12:06:44 PM »
So i am back playing again xD

i wanted to talk about the Company Workshop, its 800,000 gil. I don't mind purchasing it for the FC, and it seems that we should be able to craft things right away from videos that i saw. Apparently at some points you need to party up as 4 people of disciple of the hand. But i haven't read anywhere if there are lvl requirements.

So my question is, do we want to wait with it or shall i build it and we can start gathering in our spare time. While we wait for que's to pop.

So yeah, i went ahead and bought it. Here is our first project:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Iron Nails are done

I started to recruit for our FC on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT/....

if you want plz upvote it. There will be allot of new people playing now, and even some from FFXI who are now coming over to FFXIV. Its a great way to get our Community more active again.

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 25, 2015, 02:07:50 AM »
Holy *Bleep* I just beat Ravana. The battle is AMAZING! :o

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 25, 2015, 09:52:25 AM »
is that a spoiler? Use a Spoiler tag!

nah just kidding, how was the Primal fight. From artwork he looks like the most badass Primal, after Odin of course, no one is as badass as Odin.

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 25, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »
He's only bad-ass if you fail the first part of the fight ::)