Author Topic: FFXIV General discussion topic  (Read 132216 times)

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
Re: FFXIV General discussion topic
« Reply #870 on: May 11, 2016, 08:26:32 AM »
The next live letter is set on the 22th of may. Usually it doesn't take that long after the live letter (part 2) for the actuall patch to hit live ;D

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 11, 2016, 05:02:18 PM »
I expected the patch to hit around that date. They've gotten lazy. :-\

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 20, 2016, 05:16:05 PM »
I sure hope it's the first. I'll be back either tonight or tomorrow.

"Most people think time is like a river that flows swift and sure in one direction, but I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you - they are wrong." ~ Prince of Persia

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 22, 2016, 05:05:49 PM »

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 22, 2016, 06:33:11 PM »
The Aquapolis seems pretty interesting. I'm also surprised by the new trial since I expected another member of the Warring Triad. The raid finder is a great tool, I just hope they will extend it to raids other than Midas. It's nice they are experimenting with different mechanics instead of sticking to the standard set we had for A Realm Reborn. I sincerely hope they succeed.

Btw. put some Krakka Roots in the Company Chest so I can feed the Chocobos, too. Or at least tell me what I have to do to make them. :P

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 06:34:52 PM by Chaos »

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 23, 2016, 08:22:21 AM »
Btw. put some Krakka Roots in the Company Chest so I can feed the Chocobos, too. Or at least tell me what I have to do to make them. :P
I'll send you a stack by mog mail ;D

Also creating them is quite simple. You can buy the Krakka seeds from the store in the housing area and all you need then is some soil from the market boards (or gather them yourselves). Personally I'd always go with the Grade 3 shroud soil as those will increase the amount of roots you'll eventually harvest. The other 2 are about increasing the changes of cross breading (not applied to Krakka roots) or the quality of the products (not applied to Krakka roots). Once planted it should take somewhere between 2 1/2 and 3 days. Be sure to water the plants, if you don't water them within 24 hours they go purple and if you don't water them in 48 hours they die and you've lost the materials.

Personally I'd always buy a stack of 99 seeds and 99 soil and try to keep the cost below 1.2 mil gil, that way I can sell 80% of the roots (to break even) and keep the remaining 20%. If the costs are higher its usually cheaper to actually buy the Krakka roots themselves :P

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 27, 2016, 04:44:33 PM »
The new trailer is out:

Major spoilers right at the start (and end) for anyone who hasn't finished the 3.0 story.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 29, 2016, 03:11:48 PM »
They usually show spoilers in those trailers to begin with, but then again its an MMO and you've had a good 3 months to get through the previous patch :P

Guess that after this patch we'll finally pick up the warrior of Darkness quest line, so far they've managed to get us hyped up only to keep us in the dark for another 6 months ::)

Got my first pony from Ttian after joinging a "farming" group with Zody. Lets just say that the group was so goed that we could confirmed that you can do Titan Ex unsynced with just 2 healers ::)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:46:16 PM by Da_Cloud »

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 03, 2016, 03:48:50 PM »
Got my first pony from Ttian after joinging a "farming" group with Zody. Lets just say that the group was so goed that we could confirmed that you can do Titan Ex unsynced with just 2 healers ::)

Haha. At least we both got rewarded for it. You got the Titan pony, I got the Garuda pony.

And yay for two more Hildibrand quests! -.-'

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/0e2d7f99ec992a9e03b82dbd3ec0678cbe5ebb57

And only 6 main scenario quests, too... The Warring Triad quest shows some Garleans. There's also a new side story quest sequence that includes Nidhogg. No idea what exactly that one is.

[2.0] After falling out of bounds during The Navel, The Navel (Hard), or The Navel (Extreme), the camera will now return to the center of the battlefield.
Aww...

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:01:32 PM by Chaos »

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 03, 2016, 08:57:10 PM »
And yay for two more Hildibrand quests! -.-'
Lets just hope those are some really 2 quests then :P

Also it seems Sohr Khai is part of the main story quest, as they blanked out the quest name :P
Guessing we either have to learn something from the "good" dragons before we get to battle Nidhogg ;D

The Warring Triad being about Garleans was already told during the last live letter. They skipped the next triad boss in favor of Nidhogg, but at least they wanted to give us some in game reason why we don't get to fight the next boss I guess. The reason being the Garlean interference.

What about that side story quest involving Nidhogg though, can't seem to find it back in the notes ???

Chaos

• Global Moderator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 25, 2016, 07:33:17 PM »
It's this one:

[3.0] New side story quests have been added.

The last quest is "Nidhogg's Rage" and is also a prerequisite for unlocking the Extreme version of the fight.

So I have this weird theory that we will see Gilgamesh in this patch again...

Guess I was wrong about good old Greg. The two Hildibrand quests weren't particularly long, but at least the quality is still there.

The Wiping City of Mhach finished. A few wipes on Ozma (some idiot Summoner pulled even though 7 people weren't ready) and a couple rejected motions to abandon the duty, but other than that it was fine. ;D

And here comes the next free login campaign: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/0b8920e68063ec4a16533bcc115d6d154b75ce73

They even extended this one by another 24 hours. Ronald, Sixty, Allison, when are you free? Would be nice if we could use this at the same time since I probably won't subscribe for some time and I assume some of you won't either.

RoachWizard

• Rear Guard
  • We all stand vigilant ...
  • Mood: Curious Curious

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 27, 2016, 02:15:46 AM »
I've got time, only days I can't play are from 4th-7th of August. After that, it's fair game. I actually want to resub soon, but I got a dentist appointment waiting, which is gonna punch a hole in my bankaccount, so I'm going to wait a bit.

Sixty

• Order of Ambrosia
  • "To your own self be true. All rests upon you."
  • Mood: Busy Busy

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 28, 2016, 07:27:36 PM »
Kinda the same as Ronald, but sure. Lets set a date

For Honor The strongest of all warriors are these two: Time and Patience.

Da_Cloud

• Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 28, 2016, 08:36:25 PM »
We'll I'm still registered :P

Trying to progress trough the final coil of Bahamut, but we're basically lacking a few people every night :X