Author Topic: The Last Remnant  (Read 25398 times)

LordBalthier

• Moppet
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
Re: The Last Remnant
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 05:10:54 PM »
hey guys, was wondering about this game...I'm thinking about getting it for the ps3 as it seems like its like ff12...Iw as wondering if anyone has tried for the ps3 and if it runs any better, namely the loading screens...this game looks quite interesting, and my two favorite square games are ff12 and vagrant story so I think I can handle the difficulty...what are your guys' thoughts on it??

---And so began the story of the wanderer, the vagrant.

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 06:13:57 PM »
The game has not been released for the PS 3 and there are no current plans to do so, seems that the port won't be happening. Which is too bad because a PS 3 version would be the best of them. ASephiroth has started a new Last Remnant file on ustream, and he will be playing it most evenings (approx. 8-10 p.m. EDT), if you want to check it out to see if you'd like it. Xbox or PC would be the only choices. I love the game personally, I played it twice earlier this year and since then no game has captured me so deeply since.

LordBalthier

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 07:09:34 PM »
yea I kinda forgot that they werent releasing it on the ps3 lol...got a little bit ahead of myself...im thinkin about checking it out for the 360 soon...does it run smoother with an install to the hd???

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 07:14:28 PM »
yes, the install is a must-do, actually. It's a big game though, took up more space on my HD than Star Ocean 4 which has 3 disks.  :o

Yuichan

• Rear Guard
  • °_°
  • Mood: Mischievous Mischievous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2009, 09:57:58 PM »
hi guys,

since it seems so boring here in my favourite Section i thought i will gonna revive it.

The Last Remnant is such a good game made by SE, one of my favourite games of all-time. And since i know that game pretty well, such as having the acception from the mod(at least he said it at ustream), i will start with some guides on some major big bosses like The Six bases, the Fallen etc, such as some challenges i know.

I will start soon, making a Guide on the Six Bases.

Yui :D

LordBalthier

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2009, 11:46:00 PM »
Well I just bought this off of amazon for 20 bucks...should be here by the end of the week....and I think I'll have plenty of questions for both pprincess and Yuichan....I'll let you guys know when I get and begin the game...can't wait...

Also, was wondering...anything I should know before starting...like in FFXII the forbidden chests or anything like that???

Moderator Edit: posts merged. Please do not double post, use the Modify button at the top of your post if you want to post more if you were the last one to post. Thanks! pprincess

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:44:43 AM by pprincess »

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 04:57:44 AM »
Glad to see some new folks posting here, this is one of my favorite games too, and I was sooo lonely playing it BY MYSELF when it came out, nobody else at fftogether was playing it for months, and even now only a handful of people have played it. And some players (ahem, FF12Grandmaster) haven't even finished it!

I started a wiki on fftogether for this game, of little known things in the game. Unfortunately I can't find where it went. Maybe it got deleted, dunno. But most of the stuff I wrote was how to get the better weapons and so on. This game has fewer treasures than other Final Fantasy games. The main treasure I know of is a great weapon in the Flaumello Tower.

There ARE missable quests in the game though. Certain side quests are timed and must be done at a particular place in the game or else they are lost forever. If you complete all the quests you will fight the ultimate form of the final boss. If you miss any quests you will get a lesser form. But, for a first playthrough it might be easier actually to fight an easier form of the final boss. On the PC version, the ultimate final boss is far more difficult that the Xbox version, but the PC version also has a lot more character options and so the upped difficulty makes sense.

Also, you need to complete all side quests on the Xbox version to get all the achievements in the game. The Brady guide has a couple of the side quests wrong, and following that guide will cause you to miss the achievements.

The two most missable quests are Hatred's End (complete on disk 1), and Duke Ghor (complete on disk 2).

Spoiler: Hatred's End (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duke Ghor (click to show/hide)

LordBalthier

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2009, 05:41:09 AM »
ok, thanks for the heads up pprincess....I'm sure that I'll have more questions for you quite soon....

Yuichan

• Rear Guard
  • °_°
  • Mood: Mischievous Mischievous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2009, 03:15:50 PM »
Don´t forget the Quest Frustrations, it´s the  quest you need for the Fallen:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LordBalthier

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 06:52:48 PM »
Ok guys, jsut got this on Friday, finally, and got about 2-3 hrs into it this past weekend...I'm right at catelopeias sp?...and was wondering if there's anything that I've missed or should be aware of...also I've been doing the pub quests, and I find the battle system quite fun, between the strategy and union thing...just wanted to see if I've missed anything yet...lol

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 08:39:30 PM »
Do you mean Celapaleis? The town? Well definitely do the workshop guy's quest, which you've probably already done if you've visited the pub there. If Rush has a strange critter living in his shirt, well then you have! haw haw.

The battle system is very very deep. Gets deeper. If you have questions about formations, do let us know.

LordBalthier

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 08:53:07 PM »
I believe I've done that...as I've got the little guy...so then nothing else of consequence then huh....I suppose it's on with the main quest then...btw I was so accustomed to saving at save points with FFXII that I forgot to save and had to restart the game...lol

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2009, 09:01:56 PM »
yeah you're pretty early along so far. Also, hire Baulson if you haven't already, he's a monster when he fully develops. I take it you're playing the Xbox version?

LordBalthier

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2009, 09:31:09 PM »
yea...playing on the xbox...IS Baulson in Celapaleis?

pprincess

• Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2009, 10:08:27 PM »
Baulson is hired out of the Athlum guild after you've done his quest. If you don't find him for hire in the guild, then he will be in the pub waiting for you to do his quest. He's a monster throughout the game and will save your arse many times. He hits harder than anybody for most of the game, he gets healing herb skills fairly quickly and later on will learn Remedies, so he can heal and raise in addition to being one of the hardest hitters in the game.

Another thing: once you hire leaders from the pub, make sure you talk to them often. They will be standing around in the town where you hire them when you are visiting that town. Talking to them may lead to another quest, and all leaders eventually will give Rush a permanent stat bonus after you have all the possible conversations with them. So keep talking to them, even when they don't have a red speech bubble, because it takes awhile. Also, talking to them improves Rush's affinity with them and they are more likely to follow commands in battle and be more enthused in their battle speech even when marching to instant death sometimes! Morale is a huge part of the game and your leaders have much more morale so they will hit harder, and follow the commands and work together better in their unions as Rush works on their relationships.