Author Topic: FFXIII countdown website [countdown ended // new trailer revealed]  (Read 6387 times)

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
Re: FFXIII countdown website [countdown ended // new trailer revealed]
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 05:03:10 AM »
But it's not --- didn't you see my Queuing hypothesis? I think it allows a very fast paced, character switching action that forces you to think literally 3 steps ahead. 

Sorry to hear you won't play IZJS again.  :-\

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 05:18:59 AM »
Why would you want to be forced to think 3 steps ahead in a battle which might take a different turn at any moment? Can you cancel those three planned actions? Bit daft if you can't.

Anyway, there's not too much point in trying to guess what's going to happen in the game but from what I've seen so far I'm not sure that XIII is going to be for me. I may well be wrong as it's too early to tell but I'm not usually a bad judge for myself. I had the same feeling about FFVII and FFIX. I did buy them and I did give it a go but I ended up junking both of them. I may have to wait for XIV. Whatever the case it's darned annoying because I bought the PS3 solely for FFXIII otherwise I may well have bought an X Box instead. Like I said, anyone wanna buy a PS3?

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 05:25:27 AM »
All I can say is I don't recommend it, but honestly, it's your choice. Is Versus out for you as well?

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 05:41:49 AM »
...Is Versus out for you as well?
I don't touch Spin Offs, Add Ons, whatever you want to call them. The only exception I made to that was FFX-2.

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 05:44:02 AM »
It's a shame. FF Tactics (the original or PSP version) would have done any spinoff justice. In terms of story, anyway. That tale is shaking me to my roots.

devilman108

• Vanguard
  • "Black is just a shade of white"

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 06:12:15 AM »
I don't touch Spin Offs, Add Ons, whatever you want to call them. The only exception I made to that was FFX-2.

No offense Rob, but this is pretty much the ONLY thing about you that's rather daft. Why not touch a spin-off? Is it because it IS a spin-off? That'd be rather ignorant.

The more likely thing would be because you were consecutively disappointed by spin-offs and eventually you decided to stop with them. This I can understand, but I say you must play more spin-offs. Think of a FFXII spin-off, more storyline, more items, more skills, more everything. would you play that?

Once again, Just wondering why you don't play them  :D :D

I shall forever wait for the dreams that will never come true

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 06:17:09 AM »
*cough*FF Tactics*cough* :D IMO it's better than many of the main FF games.

I'll give Versus a play, and Agito, but I always do non-spinoffs first. So, I won't play them until I play FFXIII.

devilman108

• Vanguard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 06:24:40 AM »
well we don't know if he'd actually like that game or not. It's really a matter of preference.

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2009, 06:30:22 AM »
In essence, it's similar to FFXII, so I think he would. It's made by the same team, so I'd wager he'd like it, at least more than others.  I hope. :)

devilman108

• Vanguard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2009, 07:14:58 AM »
not really. Oblivion was made by the same people who made Fallout 3....I LOVED Fallout 3 but I don't much like Oblivion.

also the battles systems are SOOO much different. Grid and turn based Vs. live-action ATB? completely different. also the lack of a world to roam.

XII is more of an RPG, tactics is more of a strategy game.

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 07:43:37 AM »
Sorry Joey. ;D I was in my mind referring to the story, not so much the gameplay. I'm more of a story freak than a gameplay freak, although I am both.

FF Tactics' story was so enthralling and beautiful. At least, it shows true aspects of life, and allows a tale to be enjoyable without heavy romance, yet with still immense emotion.

I'm hoping FFXIII will give both story and gameplay though. ^^

MegaFun

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Energetic Energetic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 12:43:14 PM »
I'm hoping FFXIII will give both story and gameplay though. ^^

Yeah! And I hope we do have some sidequests here in this game too... a couple of extra stuff would be fun :P

So far, nothing's put me off from this game [apart from the wait, I'm an impatient person ^^]. The story sounds like it's going to be great, and I think.... there is more to discover about the battle system before I give judgments out.

I think I'll just get all the FNC games and see if they enthrall me. XD

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 09:47:12 PM »
Why would you want to be forced to think 3 steps ahead in a battle which might take a different turn at any moment? Can you cancel those three planned actions? Bit daft if you can't.

Anyway, there's not too much point in trying to guess what's going to happen in the game but from what I've seen so far I'm not sure that XIII is going to be for me. I may well be wrong as it's too early to tell but I'm not usually a bad judge for myself. I had the same feeling about FFVII and FFIX. I did buy them and I did give it a go but I ended up junking both of them. I may have to wait for XIV. Whatever the case it's darned annoying because I bought the PS3 solely for FFXIII otherwise I may well have bought an X Box instead. Like I said, anyone wanna buy a PS3?
Why not wait a bit longer. There are a few of us that are going to try the Japanese release. So they can give a full report on how the battle system works :D
Sins you have a backwards compatibility PS3 Selling the thing will always remain an open option ;)

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 08:25:26 AM »
The backwards compatibility is getting even more desirable since it was discovered that the new works in the 160 gb and the 80 patch aren't really the same engine chip as the PS 2 and some older games still aren't playing.

Frankly I would sell. I didn't think so before but I think it now. XIII will come out for the Xbox 360 and even though the Xbox is not the best machine, compared with the PS 3, if there isn't anything else a person would really like on the PS 3, the Xbox Live is the best for regular gaming. I would NOT say this necessarily except that for the older generation, myself included, there is actually more to play on the Xbox 360 arcade. There are tons of inexpensive games to download and keep, including the older Atari games where you have the option to play the old version exactly as it used to be, or you can play an updated version. They come together for about $12 for the download. There are just fun brain games too like Puzzle Arcade or things you can just pick up and play.

The other thing is Xbox Live is a fun community where you have gaming buddies and there are people on playing every hour of the night and day. If I'm up and want to play, I got pals all over the world and I can see what they are playing and drop them a quick message, text or voice. Or we can chat on the headset which works better than Skype.

Nothing against PS 3 and I'm not selling mine, but I'm a hardware junkie.

Square Enix has put out press saying they are developing now for all the systems, but are focusing on Xbox and the Wii. Alas for the PS 3 but I'd sell now before Sony decides to dump the system. Sony is going bankrupt. All may be well in the end, I sincerely hope so.

devilman, so you liked Fallout 3? My son is finishing that up with the new download packs. It's not for me, too depressing. I would not like Oblivion either, it's too boring looking. But I'm for Tales of Vesperia at some point and also Fable II (started Fable). Mass Effect was genius and I may play that game again, I had started a veteran game. That's the best game for the Xbox 360, in my view, was Mass Effect, though The Last Remnant is darn close and far more addicting, I can't quit playing it. I've tried. lol

Well, what I'm looking forward to with FFXIII (back on topic) is the sci fi look to it. I like futuristic type games and there aren't enough of them. Maybe I'm wrong in what to call it but it seems sci fi future style and that's something I will really like. It's probably going to be a bit of a shooter type gameplay in some ways but I guess I have shooter skills now so I'll live.

devilman108

• Vanguard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 07:37:46 PM »
I wish they actually had some out with that backwards compatibility update that bull**** rumor that was going was saying. It got my hopes up, then nothing =/

I'd like to play all my PS2 games again....at least until XIII comes out.