Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII's Battle System - Queuing?  (Read 6975 times)

Ally

• Newsletter
  • Brave Companion
  • Believe
  • Mood: Exhausted Exhausted

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XIII's Battle System - Queuing?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2009, 10:44:45 PM »
The battle system looks really good! But the only thing I find annoying is the camera. That seems to swing around in so many different directions. ???

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2009, 12:43:44 AM »
I like how the names of the spells they cast appear above their heads just before they cast them in the classic blue-background FF style. Vanille kept casting Aero (???) and another spell that was either Blizzard or Cure, hard to tell off youtube.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Sentinel

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 04:41:49 AM »
Well... Square Enix reported those 3 videos for copyright...  ???

Anyway, I'm going to talk a bit about the magics now. I've only seen 4 spells so far: Fire, Ice, Ruin (Gravity?), and Cure. If you chain them 3 times, for example, 3 Fire's, you get Firaga. 2 you just get Fira of course, and 1 is just plain Fire. (I'm not sure if you can stock up more than 3, if Firaja exists in this game, then I think you can.)

Anyone else seen any more magics? Actually, I hope more magics are introduced. 4 is not enough IMHO. Thunder Magic of course, I've only seen Thunder used by a boss, not by the party. and maybe Protect and Shell. It looks like the enemies are going to hit hard in this game, so Protect may and will come in handy.

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 05:41:36 AM »
Of course, most likely the full Magic range will be in FFXIII as it has been in all past FF's. :)

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

xkeyblademasterx07

• Brave Companion
  • I am the bullet in the gun
  • Mood: Confused Confused

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 06:07:46 AM »
yea i watched a little bit of the gamespot or ign footage(can't remember which one)
they were doing a commentary on it, and they explained the battle system a little bit
i guess basicly you can stack up commands and you can only stack up to a certain value, some commands take up more "value" than others
thats all i know so far, as far as queuing goes, im not really sure since i only watched like 5 minutes of it. there was 30 minutes in total

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so -William Shakespeare

"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer here to do some wetwork"- Solid Snake

Phoenix

• Hedge Knight
  • The Dark Messenger
  • Mood: Thoughtful Thoughtful

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2009, 05:23:04 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that at the TGS trailer. I have no idea what's Ruin and I'm not sure if it's been in the last Final Fantasy's, if it hasn't, it's a new spell apparently. Looks like a dark spell to me.

The question is, does it depend on what class, aka in this game, Paradigm Shift, interfere with magics? Like can a Commando use Healing spells?

Sentinel

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 01:20:38 AM »
Can't be sure sure until the real game comes out. I think each character has a specific starting magic to use, and maybe like FFXII, nothing interferes with it. (I just hope it doesn't go back to purchasing spells, that's really one of FF's lowspots IMHO. I'd rather learn them from leveling them up than buy them  ::))