Author Topic: Stand Beyond a Bloodstained Rose - Character Profiles  (Read 986 times)

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
Stand Beyond a Bloodstained Rose - Character Profiles
« on: December 21, 2008, 01:27:05 AM »
Okay, a lot of people have been asking me: When am I going to start explaining more about this book I'm writing? Well, now that it's Winter Vacation, I plan on using a lot of my time to work on it. :P I'll let out snippets of each chapter publicly on this site only to share and grab interest.

Well, I thought I'd explain who my Main Characters are, and a little summary about them. Please note the summaries may contain some spoilers as to what happens later, so read at your own risk and respect, please.

Also, this is a book I'm actually hoping to get published so I would truly hope and believe that none of you will rip me off. >:( :P That's why I'm just giving little snippets to the people as a whole. Sorry, I'm just extremely protective of my writing. ;D Okay, here are the main characters:

Sehn Lerona
Male, Age 16
The son of Kenton Lerona, who is the Empire of Pindess' most trusted crime investigator, and is tasked with finding out who the recent serial kidnapper is, who has been making away with some highly important officials. Often introverted, Sehn despises being a bit neglected by his father over his father's job. His mother died giving birth to him. Sehn often wanders the streets of Lorret, the capital city of Pindess in which he resides, during the day with what few friends he has. He also owns a pet bird, Asha, full name Ashania.

Sarah Colse
Female, Age 15
Sehn finds her as a trouble schoolgirl out in the streets of Lorret, but as time goes on, discovers she is the granddaughter of the Inaein Empress, ruler of Pindess' rival empire. In disguise, she has a nervous and tentative personality, yet when revealing truly who she is, she is shown to be strong willed, yet sentimental and sometimes a bit silly. She does not bear a strong love for the royal blood she carries. Oftentimes she is the one setting Sehn back on his course.

Tirah Colse
Female, Age 21
Sister to Sarah. She is revealed to be the serial kidnapper running off with Pindess government officials. Headstrong and sassy, she takes the main role in winning the oncoming war between Pindess and Inaea. She is also spying on the Pindessian government under the false name of Amalia Sanon.

Brendan Leoson
Male, Age 16
Sehn's school friend. He's often hyper and obsessive, but doesn't play much part in the story until he conveys to Sehn that he wants to join the Pindessian army, as Sehn is also assigned to be. Later on, Brendan stays loyal to Pindess while Sehn helps Inaea in the end. After a revolt in Pindess, Sehn ends up being labeled a heretic and Brendan is praised and promoted for stopping his mission with Inaea to infiltrate the capital building.

Kenton Lerona
Male, Age 45
Sehn's father, and Pindess' most favored and famous crime investigator. While he holds a high position in the government, he is actually very cowardly, and never even attempted to stop Pindess from labeling Sehn a heretic and a traitor. Not very close to Sehn in the first place, he never bothers to find out what becomes of Sehn after he's left Pindess.

Steina Goltren
Female, Age 36
One of the Pindessian Imperial Army Commanders, the Caedo, and first comes into the story when Sehn joins the the army. Steina is firm, uncaring, and cruel to inferiors and equals alike, save a very small number of people. She overhears one of Sehn's conversations with Sarah Colse, and is the first to start suspecting him of treason. Once her thoughts are confirmed to be correct during the intrusion of the Lorret Imperial Palace, she vows to kill Sehn herself. Sehn wonders why she would go through such lengths to get him, especially since he wasn't the only one. She then later is revealed to be Sehn's mother's sister, or Sehn's aunt. Trying to get information out of Kenton, she interrogates him, and then locks him up after because he didn't know what to tell her. Kenton later dies in prison. After being continuously unsuccessful to capture Sehn, though there were some close calls, even she herself falls ill. Even at her deathbed, she cursed Sehn, saying the he traitor, he the heretic, is the reason her sister had to die.

-------------------------------------------------------

Well :o There you have it, those are my most important characters of the novel. Note that any of this info can be subject to change with time. I hope those of you have been waiting enjoyed the first taste of what my story will be like. :P

My notes on it...: I actually had originally planned it to be much more ancient, or medieval shall we say. In the end, though, it ended up being quite futuristic for its time and world. This was my original Sehn, no matter how many alto egos he may have in other RP's and fics, this is the original. A few of these people(meaning one, lol) I've based of other people I know. All the others have been inspired by other fictional character or created by myself. Nonetheless, I hope they are all very original, and my story won't end up cliched. I try. ;D

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:14:52 AM by wee187 »

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D

Ashelia10

• Brave Companion
  • Trollsticles
  • Mood: Depressed Depressed

• View Profile
Re: Stand Beyond a Bloodstained Rose - Character Profiles
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 01:29:26 AM »
good luck with your book :p.
Would you like to read my story?

YiazmatSlayer

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 11:51:39 PM »
Will you be posting it on here jacob?

There's a difference between playing a card, and using a card. - Zane Truesdale

wee187

• Global Moderator
  • Knight of the Round
  • Simply myself, no more and no less.
  • Mood: Relieved Relieved

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 01:56:33 PM »
Will you be posting it on here jacob?

Bits of it, yes. ;D I'm busy with tests this week though, but it'll be soon. I've already got the material ready to put up, and then I'll need to speak with some people about it too.

SwordStealer is my twin from across the country! ;D