Author Topic: Getting the Zodiac Spear from the Henne Mines Chest - Guaranteed Part I  (Read 27485 times)

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Mood: Happy Happy

• View Profile
Re: Getting the Zodiac Spear from the Henne Mines Chest - Guaranteed
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 06:12:13 PM »
Thanks for the method Rob. Made my farming a LOT quicker.

shim

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 07:09:34 PM »
hey GM everything works for me just fine,i got items form Cerobi,i got ZE but i'm having problems with ZS because i can't even spawn the chest.i have Brawler so i'm using Cameo+ZE and Vaan and Balthier are both lv.99.in like 50 tries i had the chest 2 or 3 times only...any ideas?and like I said,it worked perfectly in Cerobi and Barheim

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 07:30:01 PM »
That's basically just bad luck I think. Working on the 10% spawn rate, in 50 attempts you should only have gotten a couple more than you have, but it could be something wrong because Rob said the method seems to spawn the chest more often. What PS2 type are you using?

shim

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 09:28:55 PM »
the slim one.but i hope it was only bad luck with numbers

Zodiac Killer 99

• Order of Ambrosia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 11:09:12 PM »
I am a little curious Rob, as you said you had now managed to do this with 8 patterns, and 3 are posted, but how do you do the other 5? Thanks for all of the work you are putting into this

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 01:44:07 AM »
I am a little curious Rob, as you said you had now managed to do this with 8 patterns, and 3 are posted, but how do you do the other 5? Thanks for all of the work you are putting into this

The results of the other patterns have now been published and I have written a guide which has been uploaded on the site. You will find it here:

Zodiac Spear - Mini Guide

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 10:52:23 PM »
hey GM everything works for me just fine,i got items form Cerobi,i got ZE but i'm having problems with ZS because i can't even spawn the chest.i have Brawler so i'm using Cameo+ZE and Vaan and Balthier are both lv.99.in like 50 tries i had the chest 2 or 3 times only...any ideas?and like I said,it worked perfectly in Cerobi and Barheim
I've had the same problem, couldn't spawn a single chest in 25 tries. Then I started wondering if the slime line might have a slightly different pattern, so I started hitting myself a different amount of time before entering the phase 2 dig. It seems that you must hit yourself 3 times (instead of 2 times) if you have a slime line Ps2 ;)

So shim it might help if you hit yourself 3 times before entering the dig. And if you do test this out please tell if it worked or not ;)

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 07:40:33 PM »
Nice one, Bram. This is the kind of co-operation that makes me glad to be a part of this site and it sets us apart from some of the others. :D

zero369

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 11:46:37 AM »
 ??? ??? ???
why the topic in the gamefaqs is closed?

anyway i have upload something about this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w__tFF7IAEQ
music is missing again >:( >:( :-\

billygoten

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 02:20:34 AM »
I'm really interested in this. It's gotten me back to my file, which was set up in Henne farming Brave Suits and the ZS. Between yesterday and today, I've gotten up to 4 Brave Suits and 4 ZSes, even though I really only wanted 3 of each before FF12GM posted the manipulations. Now I get to go back to Cerobi, a zone that I hate pretty much only for bad luck with chests, and extract some revenge.

Anyway, I've been having some trouble getting the chest to spawn as well (Phat, SCPH39001). I haven't documented anything, but in almost 30 tries hitting myself twice, the chest has spawned twice. It spawned twice out of around 6 times with 0 hits, although I messed up and only got it once. I'm inclined to say the latter at least is just luck, but the chest isn't showing up drastically more than 10% when I hit myself twice. I haven't tried changing the number of hits enough to see if anything else seems to work better, but without a lot more tries, I'd be iffy to really suggest anything anyway. Maybe it's just numbers.

FFGM: What's the logic behind hitting yourself twice? Doesn't crossing the line from the save point into the second room shift down the patterns? So, how do you that two hits puts it into a better position for the spawn - is it just what you've seen in your experience (much greater than mine), or does two hits generally put you into a better position for some or a bunch of the patterns?

Mike65707

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 02:35:15 AM »
I think I'll point out something although GM can point out if I'm wrong or not.  Moving from area to area moves the RNG so when you are hitting yourself twice and moving two areas he's actually moving it 4 times (2 areas, 2 hits).

I'm trying to find this spawning number for my model PS2 I'm using now as well. Nearly 3 hours and nothing has spawned yet, but I did notice that if I added how many hits I had taken, and the areas I moved, it added up to one of the patterns.

billygoten

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 03:57:45 AM »
Hm... I thought zoning shifted down patterns and hitting yourself shifted down values in the pattern, like how Curaga doesn't equate to hitting yourself a certain number of times, it shifts you into another pattern altogether.

Mike65707

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 04:12:07 AM »
Actually Curaga does both.  It changes the pattern AND moves it over like hitting yourself.

Source is from GM's guide about it, a few posts down.

billygoten

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 07:02:51 AM »
Okay, neat. But that's not really what I was talking about. I was under the impression that zoning just shifted into another pattern. Does it move you down as well?

Anyway, I was asking how hitting yourself twice improves the spawn rate given that you're already one room away, you've started with a random pattern, and you're going to change it into another pattern when you zone.

Mike65707

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 07:18:55 AM »
Leaving/entering an area does the same thing as Curaga. Moves it forward and changes the pattern. (Or so it seems to me)

When he hits himself he moves the RNG to the next spot.  That number gives the chest a certain chance to spawn based on what pattern you are in.  Two hits seems to be the spawning number for GM's Z spear chest. 

So far my best number for hitting myself is 1 which spawns a chest every time enter the room with patterns 2, 8, and 10. (except a few times when I got hit in the tunnels and received a different pattern)

(Feel free to correct me FF12GrandMaster, as most of this is just from what I have found today with my PS2 model)

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 07:47:32 AM by Mike65707 »