Author Topic: Rare Item RNG Patterns Published  (Read 23675 times)

FF12GrandMaster

Rare Item RNG Patterns Published
« on: May 04, 2009, 12:47:58 PM »
I have decided to publish what I know about the RNG patterns from a cold start which enable you to get the Rare Items from chests. This means turning your PS2 off and not just soft resetting. I researched these patterns in Cerobi Steppe in the area, Crossfield, which is to the north of the blue save crystal, the same area you get Ribbon. These details I give you are once you have entered the area after loading your game. They are the amount of hits you make on yourself BAREHANDED and any combos you get and any benefits to the sequence. You are not restricted to Cerobi Steppe with these patterns, they will work on any chest but only from a cold start.

1. 26 hits ---> 2 hit combo ---> 31 hits ---> 4 hit combo ---> 25 hits ---> 3 hit combo ---> 4 hits ---> 2 hit combo

This pattern produces no Rare Item from any chest.

2. 3 hit combo ---> 32 hits ---> 3 hit combo ---> 22 hits ---> 3 hit combo ---> 75 hits ---> 3 hit combo

This pattern starts with a 3 hit combo on your first hit. Unfortunately it produces no Rare Items.

3. 21 hits ---> 2 hit combo ---> 43 hits ---> 2 hit combo ---> 15 hits ---> 3 hit combo

This pattern will produce a Rare Item from any chest with a 50% item chance or better.

4. 4 hit combo ---> 12 hits ---> 3 hit combo ---> 1 hit ---> 2 hit combo ---> 43 hits ---> 2 hit combo ---> 15 hits ---> 3 hit combo

This pattern starts with a 4 hit combo on your first hit and will produce a Rare Item from any chest with a 50% item chance or better.

5. 18 hits ---> 2 hit combo ---> 26 hits ---> 2 hit combo ---> 91 hits ---> 3 hit combo ---> 11 hits ---> 2 hit combo

This pattern is worse than useless.

6. 23 hits ---> 3 hit combo ---> 29 hits ---> 4 hit combo ---> 28 hits ---> 5 hit combo

This is a great pattern and will produce the Rare Item for ANY chest!

7. 56 hits ---> 4 hit combo ---> 28 hits ---> 5 hit combo

This is another great pattern and will produce the Rare Item for ANY chest!

8. 82-84 hits (varies) ---> 5 hit combo

The 3rd great pattern which will produce the Rare Item for ANY chest!

9. 4 hits ---> 4 hit combo ---> 10 hits ---> 2 hit combo ---> 26 hits ---> 2 hit combo ---> 91 hits ---> 3 hit combo

Useless.

10. 36 hits ---> 3 hit combo ---> 46 hits ---> 2 hit combo

Ugh! Awful pattern.

11. 5 hits ---> 3 hit combo ---> 13 hits ---> 2 hit combo ---> 43 hits ---> 2 hit combo ---> 15 hits ---> 3 hit combo

This pattern will produce a Rare Item from any chest with a 50% item chance or better.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:52:32 PM by FF12GrandMaster »

BafflinBook

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
Re: Rare Item RNG Patterns Published
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 06:32:01 AM »
The list below shows how many hits required until a combo comes for different  patterns.
What i don't understand is would i make a 5-hit combo eventually or just an endless loop if i continue the 1st or any other pattern??

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 08:34:26 AM »
From what I can gather, the 5 hit combo is unique to the early part of the PRNG list. Pprincess continued for an hour and never got one 5 hit combo in that time. Obviously you would come up against it again because the PRNG is finite and you would eventually go back to the beginning. Of course there are other good numbers around but short of testing them it will be tough to find out what they are. One thing I have noticed is that with patterns that don't have a 5 hit combo but do produce a rare item is that you still only get the item when the character does a combo. If that is the case then I would suggest that you hit yourself till you produce a combo before opening any chest that you want the rare item from.

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength
  • Mood: Sleepy Sleepy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 09:01:24 PM »
Is there info like this on the bigger sites like GameFAQs? Because if not, you gotta post it up GM. Show the world your dedication! :D :D :D

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 09:45:28 PM »
Is there info like this on the bigger sites like GameFAQs? Because if not, you gotta post it up GM. Show the world your dedication! :D :D :D
GameFAQs already got the wakeup call and knowing GM he probably posted it on Neoseeker as well.
Seems to have been a good advertising campaign for FFTogether as well ;D

Ultima

• Order of Ambrosia
  • Necessity is the oasis of true strength

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 09:55:28 PM »
GameFAQs already got the wakeup call and knowing GM he probably posted it on Neoseeker as well.
Seems to have been a good advertising campaign for FFTogether as well ;D

Glad to hear it. Looks like I'll have to be quick off the mark to keep up with you guys on XIII and VsXIII. :P ;)

When the darkness of the Abyss threatens the world, the Phoenix will rise amidst a whirlwind of fire and light.

Whisperer: Sometimes there is a very good reason to fear the dark.

SilentBladez01

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 09:44:54 AM »
 :P  :o

Seriously man...How the fishsticks did manage to find this out? And how much time this could have taken... Is beyond me. xD

:D

Quote from: SilentBladez01
How the fishsticks did manage to find this out?

Just keeping Da_Cloud happy... xD No more stupid bussiness from me.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 05:30:03 PM by SilentBladez01 »
PSN - SilentBladez01 | Trophies - 569 | Platinum - 7 | Level - 10 | 58%

New PSN - ArMaGeDDoN_iT--X

Da_Cloud

• FFTogether's Webmaster &
  • Administrator
  • Order of Ambrosia
  • Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades
  • Mood: Relaxed Relaxed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 11:42:33 AM »
Seriously dude...How the fishsticks did manage to find this out? And how much time this could have taken... Is beyond me. xD
I don't know where it started, but at some point a method came up on the international version of FFXII. It required you to hit yourself till you got a 5 hit combo which was the mark of receiving a guaranteed rare item from a chest.

I'm not sure who found out that method, but he layed the ground work. The rest is all thatnks to GrandMaster who perfected the methode and found out all the current patterns :D And don't ask me about the amount of hours, knowing GM he probably works 8 hours a day on this method ;) It must have costed him a hell of a time though.

Ps. GrandMaster hates it when you call him a dude, might be wise to remember it for the next time ;)

SilentBladez01

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 05:29:43 PM »
Oh yeah... lool I remember.

Says if you call him a dude on youtube,he'll delete you.  :o  :P

PSN - SilentBladez01 | Trophies - 569 | Platinum - 7 | Level - 10 | 58%

New PSN - ArMaGeDDoN_iT--X

pprincess

• Knight of the Round
  • Mood: Smart Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 06:34:56 PM »
Japanese gamers figured out the 5 hit combo, and we have had two discussions going about it on the IZJS board, but we originally got the information from a Chinese website ffsky.com, where 7vmn7vmn is a contributer. flak posted the original topic on fftogether this past February here: http://www.fftogether.com/forum/index.php?topic=1267.0

We worked out the translation of the 5 hit combo, but this just seemed to be a technique for the Trango Tower chest. Nobody really bothered to try it because spawning that chest is a bear to begin with.

More recently on gamefaqs IZJS board, a gamer okland199 posted using the 5 hit combo to get any item in Cerobi. I saw it and then FF12GrandMaster and I tried it in IZJS, and details are posted in the Experimental topic on the IZJS board. After that I posted a topic on the regular FF12 board to see if anybody could try the 5 hitter on the regular English game. Well FF12GrandMaster started in on that and from there he saw patterns and figured them out.

So that's how this migrated from Japan to China to gamefaqs to fftogether. It could well be that Japanese and/or Chinese gamers have figured out the patterns too, but the language barriers prevent the knowledge from traveling. I doubt the info originally gleaned from ffsky.com would have made it to our understanding at all had it not been on a webpage that had game screenshots of the Trango Tower, Seitengrate and Gendarme. The screenshots have been leading people to run that whole page through a translator. Then people have had to work out the details of the 5 hit combo because the translation actually is quite unclear.

As for now though, I'm going to venture the idea so far that FF12GrandMaster IS the only gamer who has worked out the RNG patterns. Until/unless I see proof otherwise, and with dates on that material, I am assuming he is the only person to have done this.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 06:39:14 PM by pprincess »

BafflinBook

• Hedge Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 06:48:33 AM »
it 's true that Japanese and Chinese bears much more information than many western FF sites as i have been there.

The people don't really care too much about sharing what they found to people other of their own.

Mike65707

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 08:46:16 PM »
FF12GrandMaster suggested I post here so I'll make a quick post with a few good tidbits.

I'm working on figuring out the pattern for the PS3, which seems to use a different RNG system than the PS2, or at least produces different patterns.

While almost all of the patterns on the PS3 are different the 5 hit combo is still the key to getting a rare chest item.  Also as far as I can tell it still holds true that the 5 hit combo is at the beginning of the list and that if you get a 2 hit combo you will never get a 5 combo within a reasonable time. (Best noted in a nearly 2 hour test)

So far I haven't found much to work with except one pattern:

30-32 ---> 4 hit combo ---> 28 ---> 5 hit combo

4/5 times I have gotten this I have received a Ribbon from Cerobi Steppe.  At first I thought maybe it was really random, since the time I didn't get one was my second time I received this pattern.  But after reading more up on FF12GM's guide I realized I had left the area to rid a Firaga casting Shield Wyrm, and thus changed my random number.  The last 3 times it has worked flawlessly.

Another combo I've made note of is:

61-63 ---> 5 hit combo

I received a ribbon using this pattern as well but I haven't gotten it again to test.

Another possible winning Pattern:

6-30 ---> 3 hit combo ---> 7-15 ---> 5 Hit combo

Some observations:

As you can tell by my estimations, it seems the PS3 can really stretch a number that is first given.  By that I mean, for example, in that 61-63 followed by a 5 hit combo it could only be 30 hits.  The reason I believe this is due to many long tests I've run on the same list without changing my RNG.  A quick example would be these two runs I did:

2 ---> 4 hit combo ---> 110 ---> 4 hit combo ---> 62 ---> 3 hit combo

25 ---> 3 hit combo ---> 4 ---> 2 hit combo ---> 55 ---> 3 hit combo ---> 4 ---> 4 hit combo ---> 110 ---> 4 hit combo ---> 62 ---> 3 hit combo ---> 64 ---> 4 hit combo

Notice the blue part in the second test is almost exactly the same as the first test.  I believe these are actually the same number (4) but was for some reason started farther up the list.  It doesn't seem to make a big difference when it's 2 numbers away but I've had some where are cut around 20 hits from where the pattern is actually supposed to start at.

At the moment much is still confusing to me.  I'll be doing many more tests soon so I'll update/clean this post accordingly.  Also if you are playing on a PS3, are testing this as well, and know something I don't, message me. :P

PS3 (NTSC-CHECHE01) 100% Rare Item Chest Pattern List

31 ---> 4 hit combo ---> 28 ---> 5 hit combo
5/5 chests were Rare items.  This one is so far a guaranteed rare item.
(Proof :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37pVKQq73xw)

61-63 ---> 5 hit combo
1/1 chests were Rare items.  More testing needed

1/1 chests were Rare items. More testing needed (Unique as PS2 has no 3H combo -> 5H combo pattern)

18 ---> 3 hit combo ---> 12 ---> 3 hit combo ---> 29 ---> 2 hit combo ---> 16 ---> 4 hit combo ---> 3 ---> 5 hit combo
Very strange pattern for a 5 hit combo but it's under 84 hits so I'm assuming it'll work.  Only problem...I got hit before I could open the chest lol. More testing needed.

Other Patterns

58-62 ---> 3 hit combo ---> 9 ---> 3 hit combo ---> 27 ---> 5 hit combo
2/2 chests were NOT rare items. (1 common, 1 gil)

3-23 ---> 3 hit combo ---> 7 ---> 3 hit combo ---> 27-28 ---> 11 ---> 2 hit combo ---> 26 ---> 2 hit combo ---> 19 ---> 3 hit combo
Gives 2.3076923076923076923076923076923% of max gil the chest is able to give. (No idea what happens if it can't give gil)

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:39:34 AM by Mike65707 »

FF12GrandMaster

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 08:37:12 AM »
Great to have you here, Mike ;D

Keep up the testing because there are quite a few out there with PS3's that want to do this too. :)

Mike65707

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 01:54:52 AM »
Yup, and I'm one of those people that want it to work :P

Speaking of which I have another possible pattern:

I have gotten a ribbon and a dark shot the two times I have gotten this pattern.  The reason the first number has such a big gap in possiblilities is again the PS3 seeming to start with a large spread.  The first pattern took 6 hits and the other 30.  I don't know if they are the same or not but I will continue to test and see what comes up.

Edit:
Uh-oh.  Found a combo that ends in a 5 hit combo that DOESN'T 100% a rare chest:

58-62 ---> 3 hit combo ---> 9 ---> 3 hit combo ---> 27 ---> 5 hit combo

If I could guess why this pattern didn't work I would guess this.  In Grandmaster's patterns none of the original ones ever pass 84 hits from the start.  These get to ~95.  It is the only reason I can think to why it doesn't work.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 05:06:54 AM by Mike65707 »

BahamutXII

• Moppet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »
I found one too, actually.

3 hits ---> 3 hit combo ---> 10 hit ---> 2 hit combo

But it's useless as can be. Got nothing from it.

Edit: By the way, I was able to do something similar to #7. Instead of 56, I had 53.

I received the Fomalhaut.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 01:00:16 AM by BahamutXII »